Would you guys be interested in having a PSC-like tool that would use javascript to display prices dynamically?

Basically, to have an option where you could chose if you wanted a static price in the HTML product table, or if it should be fetched from the merchant database on the fly.

Please let me know if something like that would be useful.

Thanks.

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com
    2500+ products in a data feed. 20% commission. 5 years cookie expiration.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I only display prices on one section of on-sale items for a particular merchant.

But I could definitely see a use for this feature since it would take all the w*rk and worry out of displaying prices. The w*rk and worry comes completely from having to keep the prices up-to-date, so a way to have them update themselves would be GREAT, and I'm sure a lot of people who do normally display the prices would be glad to ditch having to update them.

Those who have scripts to auto-update their sites already don't have to worry the issue of dead prices (unless they get a bum feed), but there are plenty who don't have that type of setup.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

You could take it a step further to dynamically display products, such as bestsellers.

"should be fetched from the merchant database on the fly"

Now, that is a good idea, as long as the prices displayed are competitive, that may cause more clicks from visitors that are ready to buy and discourage those that are just price searching from site to site.

That's just my opinion, since I only have one merchant with prices showing on my site as of today and that is because they use javascript to display prices dynamically and I don't have to keep updating all those pages every time they change prices.

Sal.

ATKOgirl, I don't think displaying complete product details dynamically would be of much use.
    If it's an iframe or javascript, the search engines would not index that content.

But just displaying dynamic prices, while having the names and descriptions static, should work.

Mr. Sal, That's exactly what I'm proposing - to use javascript "AdSense style", but just for prices.

Konstantin,
    www.GenericGifts.com
    2500+ products in a data feed. 20% commission. 5 years cookie expiration.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ATKOgirl:
    You could take it a step further to dynamically display products, such as bestsellers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For that, I would add that it'd be nice if it was spiderable. JavaScript displays do nothing to rank in the SEs, and don't match any particular targeted page text, so I end up not using them much.

But if there's a way to get a dynamic *spiderable* product listing, that'd be cool!

As for the prices, I couldn't care less if they're spiderable because people don't search for "Widget $29.99" anyway.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    But if there's a way to get a dynamic *spiderable* product listing, that'd be cool!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming soon

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread