Unhappy 421 click(s) from invalid links
    I noted from CJ start page today that I have total of 421 clicks of invalid links. When I checked this came from many merchants. How can this be possible? I have only 200+ clicks yesterday and when I checked yesterday, no. of invalid clicks was nil.

I checked at some of the merchants, the links are still working properly. Especially for one of them, I still get commission.

Is this usual? Is there anything that I should do?

Help...pleaseeee...

This is possible when you place those links on webpages that are not registered w your cj account or if you are placing links to merchants in forums, yahoo answers, craigslist, backpage, twitter, or any other form that is against cj's tos. If you are placing merchant links in such places you probably will be here next month saying why did cj ban me. If you placed links on blogs or websites that you did not register with cj, just go to your account and add the websites and blogs.... hope that helped
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

Haven't you heard that at CJ, 'tracking is never effected.'

Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    This is possible when you place those links on webpages that are not registered w your cj account or if you are placing links to merchants in forums, yahoo answers, craigslist, backpage, twitter, or any other form that is against cj's tos. If you are placing merchant links in such places you probably will be here next month saying why did cj ban me. If you placed links on blogs or websites that you did not register with cj, just go to your account and add the websites and blogs.... hope that helped
    Wrong, You don't need your websites/pages to be registered with CJ to put links on them.

http and a telephoto
    That is incorrect, as noted by Nabz. Invalid links report includes links that no longer work because the links are dead. It can be because the merchant changed a datafeed and the links are no longer on the site, or the merchant went offline, or the merchant expired the publisher. It has nothing to do with where the link was posted. They do SHOW you where the link was clicked from so you can go remove it.

In this case it sounds like a system failure. They will continue to show in your account for 7 days I think. If you are getting new ones each day, that would be something I would email CJ about.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Also, since you mentioned it, Twitter isn't a problem, links are placed there from all networks by a variety of people every day.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

With CJ's track record I would think that it would be a safer assumption that they screwed up than that the OP was involved in some sort of wrong doing.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I've been getting the same problem and contacted a number of merchants who told me that CJ is reporting in error.

thank you all for the clarification! I didn't know I can use twitter to advertise my merchants!!!! Thanks!

no of clicks now increased to 576 clicks. I still get commission from many merchants that were reported invalid links.

I will email CJ and keep you posted.

Thanks for all info.

Thank you for contacting us. This message is to let you know that some issues require additional research or communication with another department.

Your incident has been placed in our researching queue and you will receive more information as soon as possible.

(NOTE: It is recommended that you DO NOT add an additional comment to this incident until you receive another reply from someone in Client Support. By adding more remarks the system changes the status of your incident to UPDATED versus NEW - which means it could take longer to get an additional response.)

Remember you can get answers to most of your questions 24 hours-a-day by logging into your CJ Account Manager™ and clicking on the “Help” link.

Here is the response I received from CJ. I don't even know if I can continue to advertise. No of clicks increased t 699 today...

Hi here is what i found about invalid links in CJ......
    The Invalid Links Generating Traffic report provides a listing of links that are expired or are referencing advertisers that are no longer active in the Commission Junction Network. These links are usually associated with advertisers that have rejected you from their program, been dropped by you, or been deactivated from the Commission Junction Network. Expired links continue to track and generate commissions; however, links from advertisers no longer active in the Network will not generate commissions. This list can also include links that reference a Web site (represented by the PID number) that is either invalid in the network or has been deleted from your account.

The last sentence is what I was talking about Up there on my previous post, so if you have links to merchants in websites that are not in your account it WILL go in to the Invalid links part.......

This list can also include links that reference a Web site (represented by the PID number) that is either invalid in the network or has been deleted from your account.

The last sentence is what I was talking about Up there on my previous post, so if you have links to merchants in websites that are not in your account it WILL go in to the Invalid links part.......
    You are misinterpreting this last part. This has absolutely nothing to do with where the links are placed but rather how they were created. Each unique website that you register with CJ is assigned a PID (Publisher (web site) Identification number). If you have multiple sites in the system you'll notice that when you create a link there's a drop-down box that lets you select one of your websites from a list. Based on the site you select, the PID is added to the link code. You could use one sites ID for all of your links, however if you want to track sales from individual sites then using the PID is a very convenient way to do so.

If you subsequently delete a site from your account settings then the associated PID is also deleted. Links that were created prior to deleting the site will still track but may generate a click from an invalid link. This has absolutely nothing to do with where the link was placed.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I read too much into things

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread