For Brian & Crew ... Clean Up The List ... Plus A Major Mystery.
    First let's start with the MAJOR MYSTERY.

It says you get $1 for any affiliate you refer to SAS and $150 for any Merchant.

How come the 7 DAY and 30 DAY EPC both say ZERO? Surely you get at least ONE new affiliate everyday and given the list of new merchants that is available, you would think that SOME affiliate brought in at least ONE.

What's with this situation. I have been sending people to sign up as affiliates
    Over 2,000 so far and only 3 were approved ... ???????????

Now for the list. I was looking for some merchant who I had to apply for so I could do the Pay-per-Call. Plus, I needed to see if there were any 'sleepers'
    based on 30 EPC.

So, I hit the show all the programs list and what I got was 2,700 programs to
    scroll thru ... and what to my wandering eyes did I find ... All the closed programs, all the off line programs ... it was a huge time waster having to sort thru the 'come and gone.'

Plus, it's a dis-service to the online merchants, since they are included with the dead ducks ... so, instead of doing the road show to nowhere, howabout you clean up the list so when we search for merchant, we don't have to waste time on the dead and gone.

Maybe if you pay more attention to the business and less to the BS, we could all make more money.

Maybe if you pay more attention to the business and less to the BS, we could all make more money.
    You bring up some interesting points from time to time but your attitude stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by net4biz
    I have been sending people to sign up as affiliates
    I know that number sucks, but ShareASale is harder to get into. It took me 3 tries to get in once I got my stuff together they accepted me.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

ABW Ambassador
    What's with this situation. I have been sending people to sign up as affiliates
    How do you know all 2000 applied. May be 3 were approved out of a much lesser # of actual applications.

ABW Ambassador
    Not really 2000 applied but more like 2000 clicks from junk traffic? Or something else?

ABW Ambassador
    Junk Traffic

True enough ... I don't know who applied ... just how many went to look to sign up.
    Could be any number ... but out of about 150 I sent in the last few days, I figure I
    should have seen at least one ... since the same traffic last week generated 45 affiliate sign ups to another network.

Yep ... you get a bad attitude when the same old, same old goes on for years and you
    asked about it fixing it nicely more than once.

The problem is that Brian has an agenda to be a hero, instead of making SAS into a BIG GOOSE that lays Golden Eggs ... Given the circumstances of AM over the last few years,
    SAS should be eating Linksuck and CJ's lunch. But we are stuck in a time warp.

My guess is Brian's afraid of real success in that he would have to give up operating the
    controls to others and spend his time guiding the ship.

How hard is it to just eliminate the dead ducks from the list? And to make it easier to find the better merchants.

Hopefully this pay per call thing will work out. All the pieces are in place to be QVC and HSN but online.

I read to much into things sometime I erased what I posted....LOL @myself.

I always get accused of 'junk traffic' but the point wasn't that no one signed up.

The point was there was the 7 day and 30 day EPC are ZERO.

By the way - ALL TRAFFIC IS JUNK - if it does not buy anything or sign up for anything.

Plus, it's the same people who always say I send junk traffic ... but who can't even afford to buy lounge pants or a tee shirt at Walmart and who have to get paid up front instead of making money being true affiliates.

Traffic is only junk if it does not make a profit.

ABW Ambassador
    "I always get accused of 'junk traffic'"

Not an accusation, it's the truth, you said it yourself:

You said
    "You would say that it totally garbage traffic ... you would be right."

And targetted traffic or traffic where shoppers are already taking out their CC because you did some good preselling is better than totally garbage traffic sent to banner farm pages. And you've backed this up with all your posts over the years.

"Plus, it's the same people who always say I send junk traffic ... but who can't even afford to buy lounge pants or a tee shirt at Walmart and who have to get paid up front instead of making money being true affiliates."

And this is funny in itself since you're describing yourself as you're always on here with this affiliate marketing is dead type posts and wanting to be paid up front, by click, by slotting fees because you can't convert (true affiliate) because you have garbage traffic to garbage pages.

It's only garbage if it doesn't make a profit .... sure why not get paid up front.

Saves you time and effort and money to collect from crooked merchants.

Yep all my pages are junk ... but they make money ... sometimes a whole bunch, sometimes not. Not all of them are directory type pages.

If you are so great, how come you never post your URL in your signature? You keep saying you sell a ton of stuff, but you never say how much it costs you to do that?

Plus, how is a data feed not a banner farm for specific products. And, please explain,
    how you got your coupon site banned from Google ... or was that another of the local
    wizards who is a supposed guru of coupons.

It's not hard to make sales or make money online ... but it is REAL hard to make a profit
    when you throw in all the crooks and toolbar thieves ... and have to pay Goofle to get enough traffic to maybe pay your hosting bill if you are lucky.

How many sales have you made this month? Are you in profit? If so how much?

At least I have made enough to stay in the game another month ... so far ... all expenses
    paid for ... anything from here is pure profit. How much will it be ... I have no clue. Could be $10K, could be less than a $1K ... time will tell.

You play your game ... I'll play mine ... I bet I last longer than you do.

ABW Ambassador
    "If you are so great, how come you never post your URL in your signature?"

Lots of people don't. That topic has been gone over to death with many good reasons why. Utilize the ABW search to find out more.

"Plus, how is a data feed not a banner farm for specific products. And, please explain,
    how you got your coupon site banned from Google ... or was that another of the local
    wizards who is a supposed guru of coupons."

Date feed of products is different than a banner. And you're getting me confused with another mod that got their coupon site banned from Google a long time ago.

"You play your game ... I'll play mine ... I bet I last longer than you do."

Great, hopefully one day you'll make enough where you can quit your teaching job.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    N4B and Trust,

Wish I could find that smilie for bull$hit.

Both of you make money in your own ways.

I do it differently than both of you, but by no means think it is the only way.

Some of us pay for traffic, some don't.

Some have content, some don't.

Some use data-feeds and some don't.

It's hit and miss and both of you two know it.

It's called Affiliate MARKETING.

However we choose to do our marketing, what % of our traffic is crap or hungry people wanting to make an instantaneous purchase, TRAFFIC IS TRAFFIC and it is our responsibility to convert them some how or another.

Now KISS, don't kiss ..... I don't care, but calling someone's traffic garbage is bull$hit.

Of course - IMHO

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

ABW Ambassador
    "Now KISS, don't kiss ..... I don't care, but calling someone's traffic garbage is bull$hit."

No it's not. Apparently you didn't even read this thread where I pointed out he said that himself? Or maybe you're not aware of where he gets his traffic from but are making a comment on it anyway? His traffic is garbage, he's been posting his stats proving that for awhile now, you can take some time and read some old threads if you want.

Back to the subject of the post ... SaS, things they need to fix.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Back to the OP, I'll concur that it really is a disservice to good merchants for them to be literally buried in a pile of rubble.

If somebody wanted to open a retail store they'd certainly be better off surrounded by hundreds of competitors in the Mall of America than be surrounded by a bunch of abandoned ramshackle buildings in the outskirts of town.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

15 years and counting
    RemodelingGuy, some of the people on this board have been in that business a long, long time. You can't have an honest opinion if you don't know the history behind each avatar, their former posts, their websites, their traffic...
    Affiliate marketing is not dumping a ton of crappy traffic on crappy pages expecting to set a few cookies to make a buck. Just don't call that Affiliate Marketing.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    RemodelingGuy, some of the people on this board have been in that business a long, long time. You can't have an honest opinion if you don't know the history behind each avatar, their former posts, their websites, their traffic...
    Affiliate marketing is not dumping a ton of crappy traffic on crappy pages expecting to set a few cookies to make a buck. Just don't call that Affiliate Marketing.
    I will respect Haiko's post, but will say in my 12 plus years of FULL TIME marketing, trying just about everything and making many $1,000,000's of dollars in sales and earnings, I think my opinion is worth something.

I keep up with N4B and Trust. Love 'em both. N4B is a hothead and opinionated, but makes a good point at times. Trust is mellower and probably more of a along-the-lines marketer.

I don't pay for any of my several 1000's of hits everyday and don't convert more than 15% of them in one way or the other. The other 85% come to get information and I am happy to provide that service to them.

People call my traffic crap at times and it makes me angry.

Guess I am over opinionated about what is and isn't quality traffic.

I've been put in my place. Will keep my opinions to myself for the short term.

Back to the issue at hand ......

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Traffic is only junk if it does not make a profit.

I like that saying! This is a interesting thread! Before I really never looked at the offline or other areas since I am new at SAS, I have not made a earning yet because i am trying to see how I can be profitable and a asset to which ever merchant adds me on! smile please

We say it over & over & over -- the dead/offline merchant problem at SAS is serious. And the fact that little or nothing seems to change in that regards is not encouraging.

net4biz makes a couple important points, amongst all that frustration, and the suggestion to easily sort out the dead merchants deserves attention. Everyone here knows that time is money, so the more efficient we can be, the more time we can devote to what we know works.

I've said it before and I repeat it here -- offline/dead merchants is the Achilles heel of any network, and unfortunately that holds true for SAS. I'd like to see the staff doing whatever they can to minimize this aggravation, and since the suggestion to easily remove the corpses in a sort is a coding/software fix (as opposed to a policy change), we'd all benefit if the implementation would show up sooner rather than later.

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread