View Poll Results: How Many Folks Do You Have On Ignore?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero - Just tune out mentally.

    39 79.59%
  • 1-10 On Ignore

    8 16.33%
  • 10-20 On Ignore

    1 2.04%
  • 20-50 On Ignore

    0 0%
  • 50 plus

    1 2.04%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Comfortably Numb John Powell's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2005
    Location
    Bayou Country, LA
    Posts
    3,432
    Do You Ignore And How Many?
    Just wondering how extensively the Ignore feature is used here at ABW. Am I the only one?


  2. #2
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    Hmm I didn't know there was a ignore feature? Can you see me?
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  3. #3
    .
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,973
    I think I used the "ignore" function for the first time this week. I had been mostly ignoring the long, rambling posts from this person for a while, but finally decided that I just didn't want to see them any more. As someone else mentioned, this fellow's attitude stinks.

  4. #4
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    I won't use the ignore feature, just because someone is annoying doesn't mean that somewhere down the line when I or someone else asks maybe this person would be of great value, voted.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  5. #5
    Comfortably Numb John Powell's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2005
    Location
    Bayou Country, LA
    Posts
    3,432
    Wow several responses prior to completing the poll.

    Edit: Bam - now they are there. I'm confused as usual.


  6. #6
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    Never have used it but guess due to my umm babblin at times, could understand if somebody put me on it. lol as snappy mentioned tho......ya never know......sometime I might just surprise everybody and say something utterly brilliant.

  7. #7
    http and a telephoto
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,708
    As a moderator I won't put anyone on ignore for long, I did have one very annoying person on ignore but got the emails on his comments in threads anyways, so took it off.

    The ignore feature is good if every time you read a certain poster it sets you off or distracts you from your day. Then it is a blood pressure reducing feature
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

  8. #8
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    Yea I see one person who hasn't ignored me!
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,973
    Is there some way to see how many people have put me (or someone else) on their 'ignore' lists?

    Not who is ignoring me (that would sure be interesting, but would probably undermine the whole purpose of the feature), but how many are "proactively" ignoring me.

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador purplebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,960
    I could never ignore you snappy just on accounta your avatar makes me giggle every time I look at it.

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    10 votes and no responses? Weird, this must be the first post.

  12. #12
    .
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    > "10 votes and no responses? Weird, this must be the first post." <

  13. #13
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    LOL it took me some time to get that, I am having a slowwww day.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  14. #14
    Banned Snowfinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2008
    Location
    The Asteroid Belt
    Posts
    580
    I voted ZERO. Like Snappy, I didn't know anything about an ignore button. But, I wouldn't put anyone on ignore anyway. I think that is a rude thing to do. That's just my opinion.

    However, I have a feeling I am on a lot of folks ignore list. I fit most of the descriptions above.

    1. I do long rambling post.

    2. My attitude stinks.

    3. I am very annoying.

    But, I want you all to know this, just incase I am being ignored by a few hundred of you.

    *** I am not arrogant. I am just a whole lot better than you are. ***

    Just kidding. That was a saying on a keychain I had once.

    I am arrogant, though. (Not kidding!) I know that and am man enough to admit it.

  15. #15
    Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2006
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    4,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfinch
    1. I do long rambling post.
    I don't use the ignore tool but skip past those post which goes on and on and on and on..

  16. #16
    No Longer Banned!
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2008
    Location
    Wilmer, Texas 75172
    Posts
    939
    I never Ignore Anyone, Even If They Are Jerks....
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Just wondering how extensively the Ignore feature is used here at ABW. Am I the only one?
    John

    I never Ever ignore anyone, even if they are jerks. I have never forgotten those that flamed me, and NEVER EVER will.

    Still, I answer their messages when I get them, and even send PM's to them at times.

    I even helped ***** a while back, and I have even saved his PM's to me, Then he shit cans me on the Forum. Same goes for a few others.

    I agree with SnowFinch that ignore is rude. Just as bad as flaming someone on the Forum.

    There are jerks in this world. Yep. There are those that have helped me then acted like a jerk to me and thinks that shit is OK. Then there are those who have helped me too. I listen to everyone, no matter who they think they are and I have learned to try not to react to them like I once did. Since it simply gives them an excuse to act up even more and the mods do nothing about it.

    I think the PM button is the best way. I use that, even though many here refuse to.

    I voted "Zero".

    Steve
    Last edited by loxly; July 15th, 2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: edited out the user name, it wasn't needed to make your point
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

  17. #17
    What's the word? Rhia7's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    9,578
    I don't use "Ignore" @ ABW -- I didn't know such a function exists here.
    I can size up a post fairly quickly and decide if I want to read it fully and perhaps answer/respond in some way.

    I use "hide" @ Facebook because too many people take quizzes and engage in "Mafia Wars" etc...
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

  18. #18
    Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    5,468
    I tried to ignore one person once, but the individual is a mod, and the system wouldn't let me, lol.

    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

  19. #19
    Comfortably Numb John Powell's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2005
    Location
    Bayou Country, LA
    Posts
    3,432
    I agree with SnowFinch that ignore is rude. Just as bad as flaming someone on the Forum.
    Yes if you make a post letting them know it, but normally the ignored don't know so they feel no hurt. I don't think the Forum designers intended for the feature to be hurtful. I see it like:
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    The ignore feature is good if every time you read a certain poster it sets you off or distracts you from your day. Then it is a blood pressure reducing feature


  20. #20
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    Can anyone see me?

    I almost ignored one person the other day, but decided it wasn't worth my time.

    And who's more irritating than I am?

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  21. #21
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    I've put two people on ignore (that's what one person a year?) I love it. In fact I see in this very thread...

    "This message is hidden because USERNAME is on your ignore list. "

  22. #22
    Prince of Content Vinny O'Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    3,126
    I have anywhere from 3-5 on my list at any given time. Sometimes I will cancel the ignore on them if I see an interesting topic like this one.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

  23. #23
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,420
    Something must be wrong...
    ...I can't see that last post!

    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh JOKE

  24. #24
    Banned Snowfinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2008
    Location
    The Asteroid Belt
    Posts
    580
    Hello! Hello! Is anyone out there? Hello! Wow! Is this thing on? Hello!

  25. #25
    ABW Ambassador meadowmufn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,587
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    I've put two people on ignore (that's what one person a year?) I love it. In fact I see in this very thread...

    "This message is hidden because USERNAME is on your ignore list. "
    Contest idea! Guess who's on lostdeviant's ignore list!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ignore Feature
    By Snowman in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 28th, 2007, 01:25 AM
  2. Just Ignore Me...............
    By Abigail in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 18th, 2004, 07:23 AM
  3. (ignore)
    By snoopy in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 21st, 2002, 07:45 AM
  4. (ignore)
    By snoopy in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 12th, 2001, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •