Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    How Do You Get Motivated to Get Motivated ??..
    John Powell brought this up in a post of mine the other day, and it's had me thinking.

He said: (not quoting)

The hard part about getting motivated, was getting motivated to get motivated....

When twelve cups of coffee just isn't enough.....

When you want to head in a different direction with life / business ..

You KNOW that you need to do something that is important..

But you just put it off and put it off....

How do you get over the hump and DO IT ????

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

It's hard to get motivated, trust me I know!

But one very good motivator for me is to think of what I would be doing now if I hadn't already taken the steps I've already taken to get where I am today. My past motivations have helped me greatly, so looking back on them is motivation in itself.

For example, if I hadn't motivated myself to get into affiliate marketing and get some sites up, I might still be working the day job for someone else and hating it. The thought of ever going back there is a GREAT motivator for me.

Another good motivator that I use is to try and top myself with sales month after month. Unless that month is considered a "down month", I usually make a little more than the previous month. If I don't make more (which has happened) it motivates me even more to do more so I WILL do better the next month. Looking back on the past few years of doing this, I have tripled my income from where I was last year at this time.

I also stay in touch with my affiliate managers and ask what rank I am for each month based on sales of other affiliates. That alone has made me very motivated to become one of their better affiliates.

Staying ONE step ahead of Yesterday makes Perfect sense. -

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )

Affiliate Manager
    What motivates me is the tuition payment for DD's school. I am determined for her to graduate from a particular school. Only 11 more years to go!!

I have plenty of motivation. It's getting organized and focused is what I have problems with.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    I have plenty of motivation. It's getting organized and focused is what I have problems with.
    I agree. Right now, I feel so overwhelmed I am not sure what to do. Need to sit down and make a list and then start attacking it.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn

That's pretty much WHY JP answered that post the way he did..

I have the books, tapes, christian literature, ebooks, everything....

Just never been motivated enough to read and study them -

Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooker
    I agree. Right now, I feel so overwhelmed I am not sure what to do. Need to sit down and make a list and then start attacking it.
    How did the show you went to go???

Hope it went well.

That should put some fire under you, eh?

Affiliate Manager
    It was four days of pure freaking torture! Atlanta does not attract my kind of store. San Francisco should be better.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooker
    It was four days of pure freaking torture! Atlanta does not attract my kind of store. San Francisco should be better.
    Hilarious that you should reply to this when you did.

Am cooking a VERY nice roast in my crock pot as we speak, and used aluminum foil, shaped like a long closed bowl, sort of, placed it on top of the roast, taters, carrots, onions and gravy ( I like to put a little flour in my base with tons of great fresh cut spices from my garden ) and am cooking more veggies in it.

In other words, trying to re-create your product -

Been in there for a couple hours now and REALLY adds a nice aroma to everything. ( fresh basil doesn't hurt )

SO, I wanted you to know that I've been thinking about ya and your crockpot. -

Sorry to hear that the show was not what you expected, but I can't see a show in SF Show being boring.

At least there are tons of things to do if it is.

On a different note:

I actually started this thread to motivate myself, and have been reading Tony Robbins all weekend and taking notes along the way.

So I guess that ONE answer to my OP was, post it and make it public. -

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks RG. The 3 inch heels did not help, but hey, they sure did look good!

A hot Texan woman in 3 inch heels CANNOT be a bad thing.....

How do I get motivated to get motivated? Well first there is the simple fact that things aren't going to get done by someone else. Then considering the consequences of NOT taking care of business. Finally, the humiliation of being the person people are supposed to be looking up to and failing as a role model is enough to do the trick.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy

I actually started this thread to motivate myself, and have been reading Tony Robbins all weekend and taking notes along the way.
    I have always liked work by Tony Robbins, he is a real inspiration. When I try to motivate myself I also try to imagine what the outcome of not doing it is. Most of the time the thought of the pain or consequences is enough to motivate me, other wise I'm doing this .
    [b]Greg Rice Jr.[/b]
    Affiliate Program Management
    [url="http://www.gocmc.com/"]www.gocmc.com[/url]
    info(@)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223 | AIM/Yahoo:[font=Verdana]GregJrCMC[/font] | MSN: [font=Verdana][email="GregJrCMC@live.com"]GregJrCMC@live.com[/email][/font] | ICQ: [font=Verdana]416241443[/font] |

Join us! - [url="http://www.gocmc.com/freelance-work-exchange-affiliate-program.php"]GoFreelance[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/magsforless_surplusmags.php"]SurplusMags / MagsForLess[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/print-country-affiliate-program.php"]PrintCountry[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/nannies4hire-affiliate-program.php"]Nannies4hire / Babysitters4hire[/url] | [size=2][url="http://www.gocmc.com/discount-candle-cheese-supply-affiliate-program.php"]DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply[/url][/size][size=1][size=2] [/size][/size]

I fired my lawn guy, 'cause I need the exercise and the sun, but now I need to mow twice a week due to over fertilizing....

Didn't think that one out properly..

I just have to say " F It " and head out the door.

Once it's done, I feel GREAT!

Usually BBQ time.

Just getting the motivation to do it while it's 104 here in SE Texas is pretty tuff.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread