Question Re sticky on CJ affiliates who are affiliates with other programs
    I'm a newbie so maybe this is a dumb question - but why would it matter if a merchant is listed thru more than one act network?
    Or is there a specific problem with CJ that I have not learned about yet?

When one mentions CJ, one immediately thinks "tracking is not affected" - a quote that has been given for YEARS whenever questions of poor conversions arises and one thinks of parasites, the many cos that they allow in as affiliates, and merchants - ie screensavers, desktop smilies etc ... so while CJ is clearly the leader in the space, it's great when the merchant has a program elsewhere so that tracking wouldn't be affected, or the loyaltyware companies couldn't be incorrectly "credited" with your sale.

There are many years of heartache, tears, threats, bullying, fear, lost business, revenues and opportunities in the archives here, I suggest you bring yourself up to speed if you plan on any long term and serious growth in this industry, there is no pork here, just the straight facts, no matter how ugly.

If you don't care to delve in, that's fine also ... the simple answer ... multiple options in any business opportunity is always an advantage. Test which set up performs better for you and sell, sell, sell.

Welcome to the ABW family!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thank you for the quick reply, but can I clarify something please (to learn more).
    When you say "tracking will not be affected" what do you mean? Not getting credit for earned sales?

It is / was their excuse ... when login went down or stats weren't updated.

Search the forum for it and see how often it was used - it became comical.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Exellent warning for the future. I thank you and look forward to more.

In all fairness, I must state that CJ is still the leader in the space, not just in my opinion but statistically and financially for many merchants and affiliates alike.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    When one mentions CJ, one immediately thinks "tracking is not affected" - a quote that has been given for YEARS whenever questions of poor conversions arises and one thinks of parasites, the many cos that they allow in as affiliates, and merchants - ie screensavers, desktop smilies etc ... so while CJ is clearly the leader in the space, it's great when the merchant has a program elsewhere so that tracking wouldn't be affected, or the loyaltyware companies couldn't be incorrectly "credited" with your sale.
    2 quick responses here - 1. If a merchant has a parasite in their CJ program, and they also have an in-house program (or one through another network), going with another network won't solve the parasite problem, unfortunately.

2. As for "tracking is not affected", I used to work on the merchant end of a few affiliate programs in CJ. Whenever there was any CJ interface downtime, or whenever users here posted that they thought tracking issues were at hand, I didn't see any - And that was going back up to 3 years ago. The merchants I worked for captured sales data from affiliates in their own back-ends or tracking systems, and the overall numbers in the back-end were pretty close to what CJ reported. There can be a 2-5% discrepancy depending on if the user has software that blocks CJ cookies, though, so an in-house program might be better to capture the additional sales that were blocked through CJ. That can happen through other networks, too, however.

Overall, CJ is a pretty good affiliate network. I'd choose it any day over Linkshare or Google Affiliate Network, and it's better than ShareASale if you're looking for big-name merchants.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread