Question Blog - One Post or More
    Hi. I pretty much use Blogger. I have some with my own domain names and some with that /blogspot in the url. I am too poor to have real website, but soon, very soon... (crossing fingers)

So, I usually just have ONE post come up on my page when a visitor comes. Actually, I always do. Never tried it with more than one.

QUESTIONS: Does it make a difference?

I do fine in the serps when the season for my niches roll around. But would have like 5 or so post coming up on the page when a visitor come make any difference?

My blogs are some of the very few blogs I ever see with just one post on the page. Most blogs I visit have from 3 to 10 post come up.

So, was just curious if there is a reason for that as far as helping in the serps of something.

Thank you very much. That is great advice. I never thought about it that way. That makes a lot sense. It would make it easier for visitors to find content on my site without having to try and find links to click. I really appreciate the advice.
    Last edited by BurgerBoy; December 21st, 2009 at 01:59 PM.

On blogger you can set it up so that posts will come up individually and as a group. Mine are set up this way and I have some come up in SERPS as one post, and other times a SERP link will be to the whole blog.

Depends on the search terms - and the blog. I have one blog where there is little reason for a person to find interest in reading more than two posts, unless they are a research junkie like me. (The search engine is what people come back for and where I make my adsense.) It would make sense to have these separate, but for SEO, it makes sense to have it setup both long and short. My other blog is very inter-related and more than half the visitors view more than one article, all articles will likely be of interest to the readers, so I prefer this one to show up long (continuous posts) forms. In both blogs I have a list of topics, tags, whatever you want to call it on the side, and a list of recent posts. (I'd prefer a cloud tag but haven't gotten to that yet...)

Personally, I prefer scrolling down to clicking to new pages, and I'm a "open in a new tab" junkie. Also, you never know when someone is bored or wasting time or just scrolls down for the heck of it and will end up reading more...(and seeing more ads of course...).

Unless you're a photo/video blogger, it makes sense to have the blog show up both ways (one long form of many posts and individual posts as separate pages). If there's a lot of pics/videos, it can take too long to load and people will leave. (Mine are heavy text blogs.)

Just my two cents on it from a search engine optimization viewpoint...

Oh ya (I'm editing and adding), from a social bookmarking/pinging standpoint - you want to bookmark individual posts and their own url as well as the whole blog!
    Last edited by fivekitten; November 19th, 2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: adding

Newspapers want their readers to read more than one article, so they show as many headlines as they dare on their sites. I imagine you'd want the same for your blog. I think that's why you see so many blogs showing more than just the last post.

Blogs are great for showing recent content, but don't do so well from an archiving standpoint, which I think is too bad.

I rather see a blog with several posts on the same page. Clicking each post is not convenient, and I will loose interest far to quickly. I'm having trouble getting my blog to read like a newspaper, but blogs to have their limitations.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I like to see 2-3 posts per page or multiple excerpts. If you have many posts on the home page, it might take too long to load.

I am a search junkie but I would love to see the excerpts of some posts on a page, than take more time to browse. It's more effective for readers to find suitable information they want to get from your blog.

in my opinion,you can make sure which is your topic, then write several blogs, then what should you do it build backlinks and get traffics.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread