Hello,

I was recently considering joining a book/video seller at CJ called Alphacraze. That is, until I went to their site.

I see that they are making a strong effort to divert traffic to Amazon, with what I see is their affiliate link!

They rarely use product images on their site and then there is in AMAZON link and image right there!! Saying it is available at Amazon, and some say Try Amazon. Well of course Id click on Amazon if I wanted to see a product image!

And what's up with all those BeFree (merchant)banners they have thruout their site!

Bad Taste!

I then noted on many pages and in their menu bar they have a link which goes to:

Large Quantity Purchase?
    Wait! Contact Us!

If you would like to purchase this item or other items in large quantities, please contact us first. We want to give you a better price!

Simply,

Contact us by e-mail or phone at corporatesales@alphacraze.com, or call 203.426.2506, (East Coast) or 415.626.7313, (West Coast). Simply e-mail us the ISBN, UPC, or MFG Part# of the item(s) you would like a price break on. We will get back with you immediately, or quote you a price over the phone!

Are these tactic supposed to be acceptable?

Needless to say, I did not join that merchant!

Wow! Thanks for noticing this! I cannot believe something like this slipped past me! They are bye bye from my site!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Uh-oh.. I knew they did it from time-to-time but they're doing it on the ONE product I promote there. In any case, I've sent 'em 285 clicks for this one product and they've never converted. Time to ditch 'em I say.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah. THey've been doing this forever, its poor. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

--
    ...only in the affiliates interest...
    The Newer Nicer Joseph [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Goodness! I just assumed most affiliates checked out merchants before joining!

I wonder if CJ thinks it is ok that they are making such an obvious attempt at diverting traffic?

If we lose, CJ loses (although they still get their minimums and network fees).

Does anyone know any other merchants that do this so blatantly?

quote:
    Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    I've sent 'em 285 clicks for this one product and they've never converted. Time to ditch 'em I say.

Actually, more accurately, They've probably converted just fine (Thank Yooo), it's You (and many others, no doubt) that have never converted.

I find all this various parasite/scam stuff going on in many arenas quite disconcerting, it makes me worry for the future of society, not just affiliate marketing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Wow! Thanks for noticing this! I cannot believe something like this slipped past me! They are bye bye from my site!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Hello Connie, You have a great site! While I was there, I placed an $800.00 order thru Viking! Lets hope it goes thru! Hey, they had free shipping! What can I say!

quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Connie Berg:

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Hello Connie, You have a great site! While I was there, I placed an $800.00 order thru Viking! Lets hope it goes thru! Hey, they had free shipping! What can I say!

Ooops! Actually, I didnt realize that the order process wasnt even finished! I believe I have just completed the order! It was $799.99 + tax. Im anxious to see if it reports??? Can you let us know?

quote:
    Originally posted by papasan:
    Goodness! I just assumed most affiliates checked out merchants before joining!

I do check sites before I join and put up links. I have had them on my site for quite some time. With all the merchants I have, I don't always notice right away when fishy things are going on. If they had been one of my better selling merchants I surely would have noticed.
    I know this wasn't like this when I put up my links originally.

I will let you know if the Viking Order Tracks. Haven't had much in the line of sales for them lately. Thanks!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

OK, Ive received a call from Viking so assumably the sale is going thru!

So tell me, what is their commission rate [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I know that Viking has some credit criteria that must be met, this would be the only way that the order would not go thru. Im hopeful we meet their credit standards! But on internet orders, you never know!

I will keep you posted, as I am on hold with them right now. But at least we know the received the order!

PS, their order process was really weird! Ill make sure and let them know!

Yay! The order is processed and we are in business!

The order will not ship until the 18th so there could be a chance it may not "process" in your commissions until then! BUT they approved the order and set up the shipping!

Viking Commission:
    3% for all affiliates
    4% when you reach $10,000 in sales per month
    5% when you reach $25,000 in sales per month
    6% when you reach $75,000 in sales per month

Up to 10% of sale for affiliates able to generate higher volume – contact us for more information.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I would be at the 3%.

I will keep an eye on my reports.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

3%? That's Lousy!

Their credit department just called and said they can only give us a credit line of $250.00! I'm like, now Im really confused! Is the order placed or not placed??

Now I dont even know!

Every item I had listed, had a 'buy at Amazon' link next to it.

So, I switched them all to Amazon.

I won't drop them yet, there are alot of web pages cached out there that still have the old links in them.

JOhn

Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

www.teampb.com

The "buy at Amazon" link is new for the product I'm promoting.. as it happens, I run the Alphacraze and Amazon links for the products at the same time.

They must be working on crappy margins for this to be worthwhile though.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

quote:
    Originally posted by Dynamoo:
    The "buy at Amazon" link is new for the product I'm promoting.. as it happens, I run the Alphacraze and Amazon links for the products at the same time.

They must be working on crappy margins for this to be worthwhile though.

________
    _Please leave my port 137 alone._

Nah, Id be willing to bet that it's some kid working out of his garage with no room to stock merchandise.

ABW Ambassador
    I posted about this a few months ago

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...431#6006072431

What I have been doing for about the last 9 months, is everytime I consider a merchant, I come here to ABW, click on "search" and enter the merchants name in the box.

And then read every post I can find about them. It won't always tell you about the really good ones, but it will usually tell you who to avoid.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

ABW Ambassador
    I knew this was discussed ages ago. Thanks Affjust [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Actually I thought there was a specific discussion (whole thread) related to ALphacraze somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps another forum. In any case its been going on for a looong time.

--

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    I knew this was discussed ages ago. Thanks Affjust [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Actually I thought there was a specific discussion (whole thread) related to ALphacraze somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps another forum. In any case its been going on for a looong time.

--

I absolutely agre, there was an entire thread devoted to just this issue, and I too could not find it. The above linke was the only one I could find. Doing a search for "alpah" and "amazon" should have brought it up. I don't know why I missed it... or it's not there. but you are right, it was at one time and it sent into details.

http://SearchToSale.com - Turns your search box into money.

Has it been found yet?

Just curious!

ABW Ambassador
    Yes there was a BIG discussion about this awhile back. I think the post got lost during the upgrade to these boards. I just remember after the discussion i pulled my Alphacraze links and went with Amazon. If something was out of stock at Alphacraze they used Amazon as a backup and were an affiliate with Amazon. If you direct product link to a book at Amazon you get 15% commission if your site visitor buys that book. Much higher commission.

Sales are everywhere, Sales are mine.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread