Affiliate Manager
    Hi,
    Is there a thread on this forum, or do you guys know some examples of what are the top selling merchants?
    The affiliate programs that have an overall better performance?
    Thanks a lot

skuba:

That's an awfully broad question that has only one truly accurate response: That depends.

Depends on the category, depends on the niche, depends on the type of site your developing, depends on your expectations, depends on, well, just about everything. If you read through the boards, you'll get a sense for what networks and programs some people like, which may help guide you, but be aware that one person's garbage is another person's treasure.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Depends on the affiliate. What works for one affiliate might not work with another. There are some merchants out there that i can't convert while other affiliates are having no problems with and vice versa.

Agreed ... your question is just to broad. Think about which areas you would like to get involved in and then try to match a program to that.

Another option is to start by looking for terms that are not that competative ... find the traffic first ... then find a program that fits that traffic and build a site. I have used this process several times and done very well. Take a good deal of time and some creativity to find traffic patterns but if your able you can really tap into a goldmind.

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs | InkAffiliate.com

Affiliate Manager
    I am also looking for broad responses, but responses.
    You guys can answer me anyhting like:
    - What kind of affiliate merchant sells more:shopping, webhosting, mortgage, etc..
    - What merchants sell more: Amazon, Overstsock, SportsFanfare,etc...

It's not that BROAD question. I am sure each marchant know exactly how much they are making from their affiliate program.

So, what I want to know is which ones convert more. It doens't need to be a big affiliate program, but the ones that sell more.

Specially in the shopping nich, that I like more.
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skuba:
    I am also looking for broad responses, but responses.
    You guys can answer me anyhting like:
    - What kind of affiliate merchant sells more:shopping, webhosting, mortgage, etc..
    - What merchants sell more: Amazon, Overstsock, SportsFanfare,etc...

It's not that BROAD question. I am sure each marchant know exactly how much they are making from their affiliate program.

So, what I want to know is which ones convert more. It doens't need to be a big affiliate program, but the ones that sell more.

Specially in the shopping nich, that I like more.
    Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, yes, it is broad. What or who sells more can change day by day - site by site. When one goes up, another goes down.

What will work on one site, won't on another - and sometimes the answer as to why is not always clear. I have a friend who has one site similar to one of mine and we sell for many of the same merchants. I do good with some things and nada on others - and vice versa with my friend.

Once you get some sites up, and give yourself at least a year to see the changes - you will see, it is BROAD.

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

ABW Ambassador
    Your questioned has been answered in the posts above.

"- What merchants sell more: Amazon, Overstsock, SportsFanfare,etc..."

Amazon sells the most. That doesn't mean you can. Some affiliates are making thousands a month with them, others make nothing.

"What kind of affiliate merchant sells more:shopping, webhosting, mortgage, etc.."

Depends on what type of site you have/planning to have. I have a general shopping site so i probably won't do good with mortgage merchants. If you have a site dealing with mortgages and get some decent traffic you can make a lot.

In the shopping area it's best to try all the merchants out for yourself and see how YOU do with them. It doesn't matter how everybody else is doing with them. I can be doing great with a merchant you might not be able too. Sometimes different merchants require different methods of marketing to get them to convert. You'll have to go through some trial and error and learn.

I work in lounge pants

Affiliate Manager
    Guys, maybe I was not clear. But I don't want to give up here. I have some affiliate sites already and I understand all that you mean.

But, I am SURE there are merchants more satisfied than others with their affiliate programs. And why are they satisfied? Because it's performing well. The majority of the affiliate partners are generating good sales.

It's just like when you go to CJ.com and you see how much in average is the return for each kind of campaing and each merchant/advertiser. At least it's an overall figure.
    You can see what's performing better OVERALL.

None of you are giving examples, or answering the questions. Why instead of saying I have this site that is good and my friend has the same but it's bad. Why don't you say, I really like this merchant (name), I get good conversion.
    Instead of phylosofing about my questions, just give practical answers.

What I want to promove is a list of top selling merchants.

Thanks for helping.

skuba, you can begin with the programs in my sig (I highly recommend ALL of them.)

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

OK, I'll bite. I have consistant results with are kalyx.com, vitacost.com and drugstore.com.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

p.s. I've heard other people here post well about Akiva's programs and he response well to tough questioning. His programs are on my - 'ok, I'll try even though its through cj' list.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Ok ... I am in too ;-)

Check out my sig line as well!

However, again ... things that add up to "your personal sales" will be much different than average commissions with some top programs like amazon or what have you.

I love pharmacy ... high commissions, repeat orders ... stuff like that. Many here are scared of pharmacy .... you have to make up your own mind about that topic.

I also look for programs that offer more control of where your visitors are sent. My program inkaffiliate is a good example, instead of sending your visitors to a cj.com merchant your able to send your visitor to your own custom template site that links to a "generic shopping cart" that has your aff id imbedded.

This type of affiliate selling put you more incontrol of visitors and offers more repeat orders.

Hope that helps,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs | InkAffiliate.com

ABW Ambassador
    "What I want to promove is a list of top selling merchants."

I'll take that list too. Anybody want to share their top performing merchants with the rest of your competition

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    >more repeat orders.

I can't help myself here.

SEE SIG BELOW

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

ABW Ambassador
    "I can't help myself here."

See sig below

King GuffStar - KingGuffster.com | Parasiteware™ Support The Fight

[QUOTE]Originally posted by web_novice:
    OK, I'll bite. I have consistant results with are kalyx.com, vitacost.com and drugstore.com.
    QUOTE]

Just goes to show, I send very targetted visitors to Vitacost.com and it is one of the worst converters for me, drugstore converts well though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    "What I want to promove is a list of top selling merchants."

I'll take that list too. Anybody want to share their top performing merchants with the rest of your competition

I work in lounge pants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread