Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Good article from Internet Retailer - Hot Off the Press!

"Affiliates merit extra attention with top-producer status."

"It’s a general rule that a relatively small percentage of the affiliate population delivers the biggest chunk of sales, and those top-performing affiliates get extra assistance from affiliate network service providers to push sales even higher. But affiliate service providers who don’t look beyond top-line numbers in deciding what—and how much – help to extend to top affiliates are missing the boat, contends LinkShare Corp.CEO Steve Messer."

Read the rest here:

http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=11375

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

if the networks would quit doing more for the "parasite, BHO, cookie stealing, banner overwriting affiliates" - then maybe some of the other affiliates would have a chance...

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Good article? All I read here is LS will continue to give special treatment to the eBates of the world and continue to represent them as NON-parasite because they 'comply' with the COC.

Fine, my job is harder. The networks don't help. Becuase I am less important to the network, I need to form indiviual relationships with all my merchants to insure I only advertise for folks that don't allow my traffic to be diverted.

Now, all LS needs to do is to start promoting their own parasites to their merchants and try to trick affiliates into promoting them too and they'll have risen to the level of CJ.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

ABW Ambassador
    "But affiliate service providers who don’t look beyond top-line numbers in deciding what—and how much – help to extend to top affiliates are missing the boat, contends LinkShare Corp.CEO Steve Messer."

He's saying you should look at more than just the top producing affiliates and those that don't are missing the boat.

Also remember they are the ONLY network to give Whenu the boot.

And i've found once you show you can produce a little, they will help you produce a little more. I don't have a problem with that knowing that 95% of affiliates fail. It's not because they didn't get any help from the network, it's because maybe affiliate marketing just isn't for them. Saw nothing wrong with the article. Merchants want to work with affiliates that produce, have shown that they can produce (even if just a little), or can potentially produce in the future.

I thought it was a good article, in that it pointed out that different affiliates do better with different types of promotions. What works for a coupon site doesn't work for a charity site. What works for a content site doesn't work for a coupon site. We're all different, and most of the best merchants realize that. I don't see that the article has anything to do with parasites.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote from the article: "Under those rules, an affiliate network isn’t likely to develop a coupon program or free shipping offer for a top-performing charity-focused site, for example."

This is called targeting. Visitors of a charity site are not going to look for special deals; these deals are much more appropriate for a coupon site.

You know how in real estate, there are only three rules, Location, Location, Location? The equivalent for marketing is Target, Target, Target. That's what I always tell my clients -- if you want better results, you need to improve your targetting. The better you target, the more "pre-qualified" are your visitors, before they even see your pitch.

Biana

Affiliate Marketing Consulting
    AIM: AffiliateRoad1

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread