We just got a new store here Wegmans.. ( a real store, LOL) Anyone else have them? This store is UNREAL! Just opened this past weekend and the store is a total traffic jam.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anne,

Congrats on the new Wegmans store. They have been here in the Syracuse area for years. The prices can be a bit high on some of the stuff but their quality rocks. Hopefully it is a state of the art store with the stone oven and so on. Meat and veggies are good also.

Wegmans also is big on giving back to the community. Such as kids projects and so on. The company has been ranked in the top 100 companies to work for by Fortune and other mags. You can do a search in the SE's and should get back some info. They help pay for college for some of it's workers. I know both of my Nieces have gotten scholarship money from them. Anyways, I could go on but I think it is a big plus to the community where ever they open.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Yep they are top notch, this store has the works. Our county is the second fastest growing county in the US ( we are near DC) and has been for five years straight, so they are ready. In fact the store is HUGE and yesterday it took 25 minutes to get INTO the parking lot and you could barely MOVE in the store , so many people. They were giving away stuff right and left. This is a dream come true for someone like me who can't cook, LOL! ) Please note I have no life, this is the biggest thing to hit since the Air and Space museum opened near Dulles in Jan.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anne are you in loudoun county??

I live out there too I haven't heard about the store though. But this Christmas I had to pay to get into the FULL Air and Space Museum. Turned around it was CRAZY.. I have never seen anything like that.. only at amusement parks...

I'll have to check out Webmans. Where about is it Anne?

I grew up with always having Wegmans - as they started in the Rochester NY area - They were just a mom and pop kind of place when I was a kid and turned into the Role Model of Super Grocery Stores.

When we moved to NJ it was pathetic going to the rinky dink places we had nearby and Wegmans was sorely missed.

I'm back in Rochester now and can go to my favorite grocery store again - Its nice

----------------
    Heidi
    Prowling the night away....

http and a telephoto
    When I lived in NYC the only thing about Rochester that I missed was Wegmans. Love their cakes. They have high quality control, they will have location specific foods and specialty foods, and they carry Godiva chocolate at some locations

They are the model of a great supermarket, they try to be an indoor model of an outdoor european marketplace. Meat, seafood, produce is always top notch.

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

Watch out: they all have competition parking lots; look all ways for shoppers who MUST get that spot before you do.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

One of the few things I miss about Syracuse. 24 hour Wegmans.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    We moved last year to a rural area. The nearest supermarket sized health food store is a two hour drive from our new home. In fact, I have to travel out of state to the nearest one. :weeping:

Congratulations on getting Wegmans, though.

Wow...what a small world. My father was actually a friend of Danny Wegman's before they became the giant they are now (and before he went to work for the Union )

Erik

I grew up in Rochester NY -- My Dad worked for Wegmans back in the 70's (until nepitism stepped in).

It's hard to find grocery stores that can match Wegmans - closest we have down here is Publix.

Sil, I am in leesburg. :0)The store is on waxpool near herndon

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anne, I am so jealous! When I lived in upstate NY, I loved loved loved Wegmans! Such variety. Sigh.

Biana

Affiliate Marketing Consulting
    AIM: AffiliateRoad1

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread