ABW Ambassador
    Exclamation Rip-Off Exchange Rates from SAS Bank - ACTION NEEDED!
    I'm shocked to see I was paid $0.84.5c AU to $1 US with my latest payment when the real exchange rate would have been $0.81 at the most and I was just paid by CJ who gave me a nice $0.79. C'mon ShareASale, please talk to your bank and do something about these rip-off rates that they must be making huge profits from as this is very unfair. This can mean a loss of quite a bit of money after awhile for affiliates like me.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Maybe Iím misunderstanding here but .845 cents seems higher than .79 cents per US dollar.

Looking online I see (at x-rates.com which may or may not be a good source):
    2009-07-13 July 13 0.775958 USD
    2009-07-14 July 14 0.790945 USD
    2009-07-15 July 15 0.802749 USD
    2009-07-16 July 16 0.803665 USD
    2009-07-17 July 17 0.799616 USD
    2009-07-20 July 20 0.811939 USD
    2009-07-21 July 21 0.815634 USD

average 0.799162
    lowest (Jul 10) 0.774863
    highest (Jul 21) 0.815634

ABW Ambassador
    Yes that looks like the rates I expected.

Maybe Iím misunderstanding here but .845 cents seems higher than .79 cents per US dollar.
    It's a bit tricky to understand and it's basically the opposite because I'm in Australia. So for example if I had $100 in my SAS account as commissions to be paid I would receive $118.34 AU. if I had $100 in my CJ account and they paid me at $0.79 I would get $126.58 AU. Now that doesn't seem a lot but lets say it is $1000 then it would be $1183 AU and $1265 AU and then you start to see where it becomes important.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Here is the inverse of the chart above, just in the last week you've had a fluctuation of about .064 which would cover the spread on the 2 rates you mentioned. Depending on when they were converted and if the conversion was at the front end (networks bank) or back end (your bank) all three banks could be using the same exchange rates. This is probably something you should be asking SAS and CJ directly (a little more proof would be needed to back up claims they are not doing things 'right')

2009-07-13 July 13 1.28873 AUD
    2009-07-14 July 14 1.26431 AUD
    2009-07-15 July 15 1.24572 AUD
    2009-07-16 July 16 1.2443 AUD
    2009-07-17 July 17 1.2506 AUD
    2009-07-20 July 20 1.23162 AUD
    2009-07-21 July 21 1.22604 AUD

average 1.25153
    lowest (Jul 21) 1.22604
    highest (Jul 10) 1.29055

ABW Ambassador
    Forget the two rates, I'm concerned with the $0.845 rate, that is the one in question and that is not anywhere near the highest of $0.815 or 1.22604 AUD. CJ was converted around the 16th in my account on the 20th while SAS converted on the 20th and showed in my account on the 22nd. SAS should have been $0.815 and not $0.845. This happens every month but CJ always pay at the true rate while Linkshare are the same as SAS too, believe me and I have complained about this before and no one seems to care about it. Probably as they know they are not going to be pressured about this from most of their affiliate who live in the USA. For someone like me who doesn't then I'm on my own here with a small voice trying to get this money raking from the banks stopped. I have wrote letters, emails before and nothing was done.I have plenty of proof if that is needed too.All my bank statements are proof of this scam.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Glinted,

We don't control those conversion rates - but I will request an inquiry by our bank into the process to see where it happens.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by glinted
    I have wrote letters, emails before and nothing was done.I have plenty of proof if that is needed too.All my bank statements are proof of this scam.
    Good Luck with that...Banks in our country don't answer to us. lol!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Glinted,

We don't control those conversion rates - but I will request an inquiry by our bank into the process to see where it happens.
    thanks Brian, that would be great, at least to see if you can see what is going on with them and why the use high rates compared to other networks banks. I don't expect much can be done as I know banks do things their own way but I think this needs to be looked into as it really comes out of the affiliates pocket.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    never mind..

Didn't read your last post.

You and Brian seem to have it worked out.

SAS is solid as a rock and would never $crew you out of a few bucks if they knew about it.

Just hated to see a thread dissing them.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

never dissing sas just the darn banks
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

glinted,

I got a response back that doesn't please either one of us unfortunately - but will continue to look into this for you to see if there is anything we can do.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Glinted and Brian -SAS are outstanding people.

Although Glinted might sound a bit harsh, I have worked with him since my years at Wyndham and he gives constructive criticism. His words of choice might not be something that I would use but he does get people's attention.

ABW Ambassador
    never dissing sas just the darn banks
    Yes I'm complaining about the banks not the ShareAsale and I'm sure Brian is going to try and do as much as possible now I have raised awareness.

I got a response back that doesn't please either one of us unfortunately - but will continue to look into this for you to see if there is anything we can do.
    Ok thanks Brian's, fingers crossed!

Thanks Eric, yes I guess I do like to get attention on important matters which is why I prefer open discussion as often things get done quicker. No one is hiding anything and I think open talks are much more productive.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    glinted,

Brian, is there any updates on this yet?

I know, let's just keep giving our tax dollars to bankers so they can screw us even more ... who cares if anyone has any money to deposit in their banks, or they make a profit ... the governments will just print some money and give it to them.

To paraphrase Shakespeare ... 'The first thing we do is kill all the bankers.'

ABW Ambassador
    Still hoping to hear about something on this!

ABW Ambassador
    I give up, obviously it's not a high priority since US affiliates are not complaining here!

Glinted,

We are still working on it but there isn't really any update other than what I wrote earlier. The banks control these rates and we're just going to have to look at all the options to see if anything can be helped here.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

ABW Ambassador
    ok thanks for the update brian, I'm glad to hear you are looking into it.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread