Just approved -- now what?
    Hi. We were just approved and now we are already confused about what to do next.

We see where you can upload banners, etc. However, when we spoke to the person over the phone prior to joining, we asked specifically if we could assign a certain commission amount to specific products and she said yes. In other words, different products would have different commissions. A boxing glove would have a different commission than a wooden dummy.

In the datafeed there is a field for "commission" but it states not to put a percentage. Our commissions are all percentages. I'm confused! Can we or can't we have different commissions for different items and where is that set up?

Maybe we aren't understanding how it works. We were told there were training videos, but thus far have been unable to find them or find any info on a step by step procedure once you're approved.

Thanks for any help!

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    The training videos can be found in the Help Center. Click on 'Downloads' under 'Merchant Training'

Thanks! I'm surprised no one publishes that information anywhere. I'll check that out. Not sure if it's a good sign that we are already confused!

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    SAS interface can be confusing at first. I would recommend the monthly interface training they provide. They usually feature this in the text link below the main navigation panel. Bad news: they just had a training on the 21st, so it will be a month before the next.

Thanks! Would you know how to set up the commission rate for products in the datafeed?

We want to upload all of our products, but different products will have different commission amounts. Do you know how this is accomplished? I see in the datafeed that there is a "commission" field, but in the description it says that this field will not change the commission an affiliate receives and that it's only for the affiliate quick reference.

So....now I'm confused. If it doesn't have anything to do with the commission the affiliate is getting...where DO I put the commission rate for each product? I don't see any other field that would be appropriate for that, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Just sit back and do NOTHING..

You'll be a bazilionaire by next week....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hi Kpahl, welcome to the network. pjvesperman, you're a rockstar for helping out.

Kpahl, shoot me an email and we'll help you get started!
    best,
    Carolyn
    ShareASale Client Services
    Y!: SAS_CTang
    e: ctang(at)shareasale.com

Quote Originally Posted by kpahl
    ...... but different products will have different commission amounts. Do you know how this is accomplished? I see in the datafeed that there is a "commission" field, but in the description it says that this field will not change the commission an affiliate receives and that it's only for the affiliate quick reference......where DO I put the commission rate for each product?......
    Different commissions for different products? As an affiliate that would be confusing to me - and I would likely not consider your program. I just checked the listing and you have a 60 day cookie, which is good. You should also consider Auto-Deposit. Besides a confusing commission schedule (you are currently advertising a 10% commission), I will not consider a merchant withOUT Auto Deposit.

Welcome to ABW and good luck with your program.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks for the info. We just signed up, so nothing has really been done or set up yet. We are still trying to figure it all out.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread