Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    No time for forums (fori? forae?) RiverStyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    Dear Haiko:
    I've spent some time this week over at WickedFire. Thank you for providing a kindler, gentler home for affiliates.

  2. #2
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverStyx
    I've spent some time this week over at WickedFire. Thank you for providing a kindler, gentler home for affiliates.
    Ass kissing is appreciated around here.

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  3. #3
    ABW Founder Haiko de Poel, Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,609
    Good to have you back and posting again

    WickedFire does have it's merits (in it's niche) but it's not my cup of tea!
    Continued Success,

    Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

  4. #4
    No time for forums (fori? forae?) RiverStyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    42
    <smooch>
    Wasn't meant that way, but I'll send a kiss anyway Seriously, they are *brutal* over at WF. If I had gone there as an affiliate newbie I would have written off the whole industry as downright mean and nasty.

  5. #5
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    Killed my butt smoocihng comment?

    WTF Haiko ?

    I know this is YOUR domain, but REALLY!

    Aren't you being a little harsh on YOUR Local Hard Working Remodeling Guy??

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  6. #6
    ABW Founder Haiko de Poel, Jr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,609
    Fine I'll un-delete it, but please, tone it up a few notches Jimmy
    Continued Success,

    Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

  7. #7
    Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2007
    Location
    Katy, Texas
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Fine I'll un-delete it, but please, tone it up a few notches Jimmy
    Can't help but laugh.... ( glad I have the green thumps up guy back - )

    I LOVE YOU Haiko!

    I don't mind being the biggest butt smoocher here.

    Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

  8. #8
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    ahh wf the place where you say hi and all call you a dumb ____.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador Joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverStyx
    Wasn't meant that way, but I'll send a kiss anyway Seriously, they are *brutal* over at WF. If I had gone there as an affiliate newbie I would have written off the whole industry as downright mean and nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    ahh wf the place where you say hi and all call you a dumb ____.
    The key to WF is reading the rules, and posting in the *newbie* section if you're a newbie. The newbie section is quite valuable, and quite tame, at that.

    At ABW, if you're going to post an introduction, there's a forum for that. If you post it in the wrong place, it'll get moved. At WF, you'll get flamed for not reading the rules thoroughly. Either way, there are rules at every forum, but how they are enforced varies (and I'm not saying one is better than the other).

    Really, what it comes down to, is that WickedFire and ABestWeb serve different niches within the industry. ABW caters to more of a traditional affiliate audience/affiliate offers on content site/relations with traditional networks/issues with traditional networks, while WF caters to affiliates who mainly buy their ad traffic/use CPA networks/promote the hot offer of the moment. Where do I fall in? Both places.

    Some questions are best left to certain forums (be it ABW, WF, DP, etc.), and it doesn't exactly pay to leave a forum based on a reputation. I've had my differences with members/mods at ABW, as I've had at WF, but I keep coming back to each for their specific niches.

  10. #10
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    lol I posted one comment at wf in the intro sec saying hi and got flamed. I am good over here lol. the language can be compared to the likes of b h w, I prefer to like family friendly forums!
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador Joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    lol I posted one comment at wf in the intro sec saying hi and got flamed. I am good over here lol. the language can be compared to the likes of b h w, I prefer to like family friendly forums!
    BHW is a whole different issue - That place is just scum scammers. I don't choose forums based on "family friendliness", I just choose them based on level of English spoken (so DigitalPoint is out...) and usefulness of information I can share/take in.

  12. #12
    Full Member snappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2009
    Location
    Palm Bay Florida/Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    387
    lol I know but I babysit sometimes and cursing is a big no no, I know that the two (wf and bh) forums are well apart, dp and bhw same people diff names lol maybe I didn't delve to deep into wf, because the first post thing and people with bad mouths at intro. I like this one because it has all the info I need right now, thats why I choose ABW as my place of learning.
    I haven't really butted heads with anyone here so I like it. I can go back in history and see how to and where to and where not to so its what I need, I also like the fact that network reps frequent here not in any other forum i saw, I may be wrong. But that is in itself is more important direct communication with network reps.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

  13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Dear All,
    By tpatanjali in forum Cusimano.com Scripts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 17th, 2003, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •