All affiliates have benefited with this upgrade. Any "accepted" transactions prior to the upgrade are "unreversable" due to the new correction system. That is, once a transaction is "accepted" it cannot be "corrected" where prior any transcation can be reversed up until the 10th of the next month. Merchants were not informed about this prior to the upgrade and will probably lose $$$. Merchants should have been notified about this beforehand or all transactions for this month should have been set to "New".

Seems like affiliates have the upper hand on this upgrade.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

Akiva,

Well hopefully that is just a temporary glitch in the system. Not that I wouldn't mind the sales! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] However if this is how it will always be it will hurt the affiliates also. Pretty much all of the merchants will be extending all the sales on us. Thats if I am understanding what you are saying correctly. JMO of course.

From what I am seeing, it doesn't appear to be a temporary thing. It seems that this is it. All transactions have been updated and the system is back. What makes you think it's temporary? Todd?

quote:
    From what I am seeing, it doesn't appear to be a temporary thing. It seems that this is it. All transactions have been updated and the system is back. What makes you think it's temporary? Todd?

I will have someone look into this on Monday. I think it may be an unintended "bug" related to the upgrade. I'll post more on Omnday after the developers have had a chance to look at this and can comment.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

You probably will be hearing from all advertisers about this as it affects all "accepted" transactions from Nov. 1 - Dec. 6 - it makes them irreversable.

I have a few serious concerns about this new upgrade that should not be in a public forum. I will give you a call tomorrow.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

I just emailed you my direct dial. I am at my desk for the next hour if you would like to call me. I have a fairly hectic schedule on Monday and you most likely will not be able to reach me.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Is every thing updated Todd including the sales? It seems every time you update I have a blank day for sales. This is the first day this month that I have blanked, would you check it please?

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

quote:
    All affiliates have benefited with this upgrade. Any "accepted" transactions prior to the upgrade are "unreversable" due to the new correction system.

Anything that gives a salesperson (affiliate or otherwise) a commission even when a sale is later reversed is good for neither the merchant nor the salesperson (not good for the network, either). I certainly consider this no benefit to me!

I hope CJ fixes this bug pronto - this is a very, very bad snafu.

J

Gordon,

quote:
    Is every thing updated Todd including the sales? It seems every time you update I have a blank day for sales. This is the first day this month that I have blanked, would you check it please?

The scheduled downtime began at 5 PM PST. All txns tracked during the downtime will have a posting date beginning after the downtime. Their event dates will still be accurate. Try resorting by event date.

Get it?

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I've spoken with Todd. It is indeed a bug that was overlooked in the upgrade and will be fixed. Janiss, I agree with you 100% and that's why I posted here. Basically the whole "Transaction locked" idea is gone. Now on the 10th of every month all transactions from the previous month are automatically "accepted". It's a new concept that will confuse many merchants as there is no notice about this. Todd and I spoke and there will be a notice about this. But from now on when you see the status of a transaction in the Accepted column marked "YES", it is the same thing as the old closed lock that would happen on the 10th.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

Transactions have the status: "new", "accepted", "locked" or "extended".

New txns have not been accepted, extended, corrected or locked (yet). New txns can be either accepted, extended or corrected by advertisers.

Accepted txns have been accepted or corrected by the advertiser and cannot be corrected (again) or extended and if accepted are destined to be locked and paid.

Locked txns are marked for payment.

Extended txns have been moved to the next payment cycle and can only be accepted or corrected. They cannot be extended again.

In the past, an advertiser could accept a txn and later (before the 10th) stilll correct or extend it. Now, if they accept txns, they will get locked and paid.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I have lots of transactions showing that seem to be eBay leads that had been extended and were later accepted. But they show as negative $5.00 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

missdonna,

If a txn is "new" and then corrected, it is marked "accepted". If you click on the txn ID you can see the history of the txn. In the correction column, it shows the txn ID of the original txn. In the past we would have corrected the original txn. This made it much harder to reconcile your account. Now the corrected txn shows up on the day it was corrected instead of on the day the original txn occurred.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

So accepted no longer means it's a good transaction? hmmm.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Todd,

It shows that I've made a few sales in the transaction report but the amount has not been yet added to the top left corner of the cj screen!

Is this with everyone or just me?

Regards,
    Tathagata

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    I guess I figured it out

There was this transaction that was "corrected" (reversed)

so the amount was deleted from the top-right corner.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Regards,
    Tathagata

---
    "Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals" - The Tathagata

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread