Can't say I'm shocked - Flatline 0.00 (again) :(
    Don't know if anyone else has experienced a drop in sales yet or not but for me it started on the 17th this month. I noticed on their blog they instituted some changes (again) starting on the 20th.

What ever happened to grandpa's logic if it's not broke - don't fix it?

Time to pause and work on other programs. (again)
    "God moves imperturbably, slowly, and with perfect organization. The only wise rate at which to live is God's rate. God get things done and they are done right and He does them without hurry. He neither fumes nor frets. He is peaceful and therefore efficient." - Norman Vincent Peale

The people at EBAY have been taking stupid pills for going on 4 months. They have dropped a huge number of affiliates for NO real reason that makes any sense at any
    level. As a result TRAFFIC to EBAY is cratering. And sales are dropping dramatically.

Although EBAY posted what seems to be decent earnings, it was their 'other' businesses that did well ... the auction business was NOT good and is getting worse daily.

Amazon is cleaning their clock ... but at the expense of profits ... it's a race to the bottom. The EPN affiliate program is heading south - AGAIN.

But you can still make some good money SELLING products that people want to buy on
    EBAY, if you can buy them at a good price. The EBAY sales charges are really just a type of sales commission.

When the huge commercial realestate fiasco hits the fan in September when the REAL financial results must be posted because companies must post them for IRS purposes,
    then we will see how the 'black hole' of structural distruction plays out.

It will not be pretty. All the kings horses and all the kings men, cannot put humpty dumpty
    consumer back together again.

The point being: If cash is king ... it's dumb to spend it.

Does anyone know why ebay dropped all these affiliates? There must be a reason for this no matter how stupid. Someone must know. Any thoughts?

Anybody else here get this email and dashboard message today? It reads as follows:

"You have selected a business model that requires additional approval. You are required to submit a detailed form that includes further information for approval. Please navigate to the "Account" tab within the eBay Partner Network Interface and click on the "Business Model Approvals" sub-tab for additional details on form submission.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team"

I've done NOTHING to select or change my business model and, there' IS NO SUB-TAB available for "Business Model Approvals" in my dashboard???

I sent an email for "Help" via the dashboard "Help" system, just hope I don't have my account suspended or fall through the cracks somehow at EPN while I'm waiting for a response.

Anyone else get this?
    Generate more fake news.

I wonder who is the genius is at ebay came up with this strategy to harass affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    I wonder who is the genius is at ebay came up with this strategy to harass affiliates?
    I always hesitate to "bite the hand that feeds me," as the worn out cliche goes, BUT -- I would never use the term "genius at ebay" with a straight face, at least not regarding the EPN.
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I always hesitate to "bite the hand that feeds me," as the worn out cliche goes, BUT -- I would never use the term "genius at ebay" with a straight face, at least not regarding the EPN.

Thinking in retrospect, they should have stuck with CJ because CJ is less incompetent. I have trouble saying "more competent" when it comes to CJ.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Anybody else here get this email and dashboard message today? It reads as follows:

"You have selected a business model that requires additional approval. You are required to submit a detailed form that includes further information for approval. Please navigate to the "Account" tab within the eBay Partner Network Interface and click on the "Business Model Approvals" sub-tab for additional details on form submission.

Thank you,

The eBay Partner Network Team"

I've done NOTHING to select or change my business model and, there' IS NO SUB-TAB available for "Business Model Approvals" in my dashboard???

I sent an email for "Help" via the dashboard "Help" system, just hope I don't have my account suspended or fall through the cracks somehow at EPN while I'm waiting for a response.

Anyone else get this?
    I got a message from them on July 17th stating:
    You will not redirect any traffic to middle servers for the sole purpose of masking your referring source of traffic. This includes the use of URL shortening services (including but not limited to tinyurl.com, short.to and cloakedlink.com).

Could they be referring to PHPBay's URL redirection? If so, the way to fix this would be to de-select the redirect option. Read the posts at http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Eba...ated/520136786 I am not getting a clear answer on PHPBay from the posts. I am also seeing that 3rd party "free" sites like Squidoo are now taboo. WP blogs with your own hosting are OK however.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; August 6th, 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I'm pretty sure PHPBay throws a 301 which preserves the referrer and would be fine.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    I'm pretty sure PHPBay throws a 301 which preserves the referrer and would be fine.
    In searching around I found a similar answer at http://www.phpbay.com/forums/showthr...8569#post18569 so it appears PHPBay's redirects are OK.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

The developer of phpBay has verified that it passes on all referrer information to eBay.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread