Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Death sucked... So I came back...
    My last post on ABW was 11:30PM on Friday April 29, 2005...
    11 hours later I was dead as a door nail on a table
    in the emergency room at St Francis hospital...

One minute these cute nurses are ripping off my shoes and snatching my pants off
    while some lady with a clip board sits down and wants to know my mother's maiden name...
    And the next minute I'm having this really interesting out of body experience...
    which I may or may not tell you about sometime... and the next thing I know...
    I'm looking up into the face of my wife who's bent over me asking, "Did you see the light?"

After that came a few surgeries, rehab, an extensive education in the art of
    'recliner dwelling,' and an entirely new outlook on life...
    Months later, as I started to feel human again, I had no great urge to get
    back to affiliate marketing... it seemed so unimportant somehow...
    So I guess you could say I took a prolonged vacation...

But while I've been gone, I learned some interesting things about sudden unexpected death...
    Of course I was only gone for 90 seconds and this is only good if it is temporary...

- If you're going to have a fatal heart attack, do it after you're already on the table in the emergency room...
    - Best thing in the world for attitude adjustment...
    - The only way that I ever tried to quit smoking that actually worked!

Now, here it is 4 years later and I'm ready to get back to it...
    All my sites were hacked, taken down, or highjacked...
    One hacker used the admin email of one of my best sites for
    a 'spoof' campaign and hurt it pretty bad, but I think I can fix it...
    And, I did manage to recover some of my best url's...
    So... looks like I'm a newbie again... starting all over... oughta' be interesting...

Naturally the first thing I did to prepare was to come back to ABW so I
    could find out what's really been going on in the affiliate world and try
    to get my bearings again so I'll know the good guys from the bad guys...

I've been lurking for a few days reading 'til my eyes bled trying to figure out who is who...
    I've also been reading some of my old posts and the responses I got from people...
    I'd forgotten how much fun it was in Dec-Jan '05 when I was fighting the battle of the
    mid-night spammers on the old ABW board while Haiko was moving everybody over to this board...

I see Mike is still here with his cheesy hat and Mike with his bird...
    Trust dropped the No 1 and adopted my favorite bird... Mr Sal and loxly are
    still around... as well as several of the old timers I used to know way back when... Hi guys!
    I see Kelli hasn't been around and affiliatefairplay is gone... 'sup with that?

I think I've got a handle on the tactical situation...
    Haiko is still battling the parasites with Jorge and several others right behind him...
    CJ got sued and cried all the way to the bank...
    The topmoxie apps, ebates etc... still going strong...
    Linkshare and messer, business as usual...
    180solutions has been replaced in the top dog position by onecause...

Onecause thread... 6 months of hell raising and unauthorized threats of legal action...
    full of passion and fury, that seems to have subsided... it's just simmering for now...
    no posts there in the last 2 months... if history holds true Haiko and others
    are working behind the scenes and if anything happens that's probably where it will come from...

I must be missing something...
    Sounds like same crap different day...

Oh well... for better or worse... I'm back...
    Bob
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Well welcome back! After all that you have returned a true internet marketer.
    I attract success and abundance into my life because that is who I am.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Wow, what an experience!

A lot has happened since 05. Some "ol timers" remain and it seems many have moved on.

Welcome back!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    After all that, you're better off 'cause I'm here now.

Was in a coma for 16 days earlier this year myself and dealt with another two weeks of hallucinations....

The only good thing I can say about near death experiences is that you find out who REALLY LOVES YOU....

Glad to hear you are doing well......

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Welcome back Bob.

That is some story and experience. Glad you are feeling better and if you are back at it again...affiliate marketing, then you were meant to be an affiliate marketer!

Well, the good news is.... that you still have your Abestweb login details and your account has not been hacked here!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Bob,
    Welcome back my friend ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by webpartner
    My last post on ABW was 11:30PM on Friday April 29, 2005...
    11 hours later I was dead as a door nail on a table
    in the emergency room at St Francis hospital...

One minute these cute nurses are ripping off my shoes and snatching my pants off
    while some lady with a clip board sits down and wants to know my mother's maiden name...
    And the next minute I'm having this really interesting out of body experience...
    which I may or may not tell you about sometime... and the next thing I know...
    I'm looking up into the face of my wife who's bent over me asking, "Did you see the light?"
    First things first, there is a statute of limitations of three years, to ask for a refund on your old , and you was gone for over four years... ....

Btw, "Did you saw the light?"

If you did, maybe you can a about it, I would like to buy one.

After that came a few surgeries, rehab, an extensive education in the art of
    'recliner dwelling,' and an entirely new outlook on life...
    Many people that have taken a peek at the other side, say something similar about the way they see life now.

Months later, as I started to feel human again, I had no great urge to get
    back to affiliate marketing... it seemed so unimportant somehow...
    So I guess you could say I took a prolonged vacation...
    You didn't miss much, just about the time you made that last post on 05, it was the time when first started the burial of datafeed sites, and later the slapping of many affiliates websites.
    Now, here it is 4 years later and I'm ready to get back to it...
    All my sites were hacked, taken down, or highjacked...
    One hacker used the admin email of one of my best sites for
    a 'spoof' campaign and hurt it pretty bad, but I think I can fix it...
    And, I did manage to recover some of my best url's...
    So... looks like I'm a newbie again... starting all over... oughta' be interesting...
    Look at the bright side (again!:-), at least by starting all over now, you'll have saved yourself 4 years of stress, and some ...
    Naturally the first thing I did to prepare was to come back to ABW so I
    could find out what's really been going on in the affiliate world and try
    to get my bearings again so I'll know the good guys from the bad guys...

I've been lurking for a few days reading 'til my eyes bled trying to figure out who is who...
    I've also been reading some of my old posts and the responses I got from people...
    I'd forgotten how much fun it was in Dec-Jan '05 when I was fighting the battle of the
    mid-night spammers on the old ABW board while Haiko was moving everybody over to this board...
    That's another good thing about ABW, even if you go for a long, long time, you can always count on ABW to find out what's going on now, and what was going on, while you was not around.
    Oh well... for better or worse... I'm back...
    Bob
    Welcome back, Bob!

Wow, Bob. You have certainly been through a lot. Even though we haven't met, I'd like to join the other folks in welcoming you "back" to ABW.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Welcome back, webpartner, and hope you have many more healthy years of affiliate marketing.

Your amazing story reminds me of what happened to a friend of my late father-in-law. This was probably at least 20 years ago, and he must have been around 70 when this happened. He had been visiting a friend in the hospital, and as he was walking down the corridor, an aneurysm near his heart burst, and he survived and lived several more years only because this happened in a hospital and received immediate care.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

http and a telephoto
    Wow, welcome back! I almost thought this was written by another long time member (who has moved on)... but they haven't quit smoking...

Glad you came back and are doing the right things for your health, and now rejoining a community that would have loved to help while you were not so healthy.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Wow, what a story! & welcome back.

15 years and counting
    Welcome back, Bob. At least your account at ABW was not hacked.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Awesome story. Great your alive and probably stronger (at least mentally) than ever.

I don't know you but would be happy to help a little if I can.

Domains can get weird when left alone, hacked, or used by spammers. But there are some newer tools you may not know about. One is Google Webmaster tools and it has been improving all the time as well.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

You can verify some or all of your sites with uploading a simple blank page so Google can see you really own it and then you can get details on the validaty of the robots.txt, sitemaps, and any html codes.

You can also ask for a reinclusion for sites that seem to not be getting spidered right as they were hacked or had malware.

I registered a domain recently. Noticed it was not getting spidered well. Checked the wayback machine and someone had a very spammy site on it for a few years. I asked for an inclusion and my site was ranked in a few days and now has almost all the pages spidered and 100 uniques a day from G.

You can also exclude pages, give directions to sitemaps, define your market, and if you want the www or non www indexed.

Try it on at least your favorite site and I think you will like it. It will also get you back to speed quiickly without guessing what Google is thinking.

GL

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I almost thought this was written by another long time member (who has moved on)... but they haven't quit smoking...

I know for a fact that person quits 40 times a day

It's good to see another MIA around, again!

Glad you returned from the abyss ... not much has happened ... win some, lose some.
    But the alternative is not that great ... learning the most important thing in life is to
    wake up everyday is a hard lesson to learn, much less remember.

Hope you are enjoying you second life amd welcome to the Hotel California.

ABW Ambassador
    Glad you made it, nice to see you back.

Wowsers.. glad to see you back. I suspect that your different perspective could well be useful
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Glad to have a person who returned..."literally"

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, what a experience! I actually started to think about this question a lot lately(not that I'm that old, yet ) ---

Who's gonna take care of my babies(sites) after I die...

Welcome back to life and ABW Bob!

Wow. Just wow. Welcome back.

I had a hiatus myself, but certainly wasn't as dramatic.

Your username sounds awfully familiar but can't seem to place it so am guessin I didn't know you before. Very glad you're back tho instead of the alternative.

Very sorry you had to go thru all that and definitely wish you lottsa good health now.

BillyKay -
    "I know for a fact that person quits 40 times a day"

Hmmm, well that person should try quittin 41 times a day. This person should seriously sit down and think bout this..... He's got a pretty special younger person living with him. Maybe if he doesn't try harder to quit smoking he ummm may not live long enough to see this fella graduate from high school, be there on his wedding day, get to play with his grandson or even just be there for him when he needs his Dad around to help him.

ok.... I am now ducking since you're probably aiming to throw somethin at my head. lol I've seen up close and personal people die (and all the other not so nice time leading up to those people dying and how hard it is especially on the younger people in their lives) So.....am just sayin to please, pretty please....maybe give it a little bit more tryin to stop. If not for yourself......that younger fella who lives with you that you love who would miss you an awful lot if you weren't here.

Really honestly don't mean to sound like I'm preachin to ya or anything. Definitely not doin that. I realize it's very hard to stop smoking. I should mind my own business and keep my big mouth shut. So, aplogize if made ya mad. Really is none of my business.

webpartner -
    apologize to you for takin this off topic too.
    So....puttin it back on topic. Again, am very sorry you went thru what you did and hope you have nothin but good health now.

Thanks guys... for the warm welcome back...
    I'm a little overwhelmed by all the good vibes so I'm kinda' at a loss for words here...

I've been cleaning out my affiliate attic the last couple of days and I realize now...
    This is going to be a lot more work than I thought...

A lot of things that used to work won't work now, or don't apply anymore...
    There's a lot of new stuff to learn if I'm going to make this happen again...
    So please pardon me if I ask a few stupid questions along the way...

Hopefully it won't take too long to get my competence back
    and have something worthwhile to contribute to the forum again...

Thanks again for the kind words and warm regards...
    The old newbie...
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Wow, welcome back Bob, glad you are still with us after all that and back to ABW too. We are right here help you get going again so post away any time and don't be afraid to ask anything.

Welcome back WebPartner!

The basics remain the same... Treat your visitors with respect, and they will break out the credit cards.

Always good to have another affiliate on the good side in our ranks! The good site of the fight, and the good side of the ground.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast