Keyword Bidding question
    Hey guys I've been setting up campaigns and been looking around for information on a baseline strategy for bidding.

I've heard 1% of payout, so for a 30$ product bid .30. When I do my keyword research though I have a very hard time finding keywords that cost .30.

I've also heard to bid high at first, so should be bidding on these 2$ plus on keywords for an offer that pays out 30$?

I'd love to get some input for from some of you more experienced PPC'ers.

Thanks.

Why not start at the min bid and see where you rank...if you are too far back bump it up until you are where you want or have reached your budget max. Don't always go by what Google has to say either, they constantly tell me I need to up my bid for first page rankings. When I check those keywords I am already on the first page.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I would discourage you from bidding high at the start. Start with low bids. Then track your positions, your CTR, conversion rate, conversion cost etc etc. You will likely need to tweak your ads many times in order to get maximum CTR, which in turn plays an important part in determining the quality scores. High quality scores + high CTR = better position in the search results at a lower cost.

Getting a solid PPC campaign ramped up to maximum performance can take several months, but it is a fun adventure along the way, so don't let the urge for a quick return influence the long term results. Use the next several months as a time to learn, adjust and improve. Good luck to you too. :-)
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    I would discourage you from bidding high at the start. Start with low bids. Then track your positions, your CTR, conversion rate, conversion cost etc etc. You will likely need to tweak your ads many times in order to get maximum CTR, which in turn plays an important part in determining the quality scores. High quality scores + high CTR = better position in the search results at a lower cost.

Getting a solid PPC campaign ramped up to maximum performance can take several months, but it is a fun adventure along the way, so don't let the urge for a quick return influence the long term results. Use the next several months as a time to learn, adjust and improve. Good luck to you too. :-)
    Can I say OUT LOUD....

PPC Pros are THE affiliate profit makers.

Takes a ton of cash and lot's of failure...

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

I concur with Alan. If you are starting with those $2 bids, it will cost you A LOT of money to learn about your campaigns. Since learning is essentially what you need to do to establish the metrics you will need to later tweak and succeed, you will need to launch very specific and focused ad groups with small lists of kwds in them. My suggestion is to launch only a few small adgroups while you learn. It's very easy to go crazy and burn alot of money. Start very small and specific and once you get the data for that, optimize EVERYTHING, your ads, the keywords, etc.

Good Luck!
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa
    Hey guys I've been setting up campaigns and been looking around for information on a baseline strategy for bidding.

I've heard 1% of payout, so for a 30$ product bid .30. When I do my keyword research though I have a very hard time finding keywords that cost .30.

I've also heard to bid high at first, so should be bidding on these 2$ plus on keywords for an offer that pays out 30$?

I'd love to get some input for from some of you more experienced PPC'ers.

Thanks.
    Educate me, please? Is that $30 product the retail price of the merchant or your net (X% of the sales price)?

Here's how to do it ... money for nothing ... chicks are your problem.

Pick a keyword ... post an ad ... bid one cent above the minimum. Then check the stats the next day and see how many times your ad got shown ... not the clicks.
    If it is not being show at least 1,000 times a day, bid another penny higher.

The object is to find where you get the most exposures for the least money and the most click thrus ... normally that point is somewhere listing 7 or 8 on the Google page
    you ad is listed on.

For example: On Bing ... it took $.30 per click to get on the first page but with tweaking I got it down to $.15 cents per click with enough ad views to generate enough click thrus and sales that made a profit ... took two months of trial and error.

Once you have found the 'sweet spot,' any competitors that drop out will move you up the ladder and you will get more ad exposures and click thrus. And if the merchant
    is a good one, more sales and you make more profits.

It ain't easy being green these days.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread