Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange - NFL

Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange - NFL
    I noticed on the ticketmaster site for every NFL team they direct customers to the ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com section to buy tickets from fans that list their tickets for sale. Although similar to the ticket exchange, I can tell it is directly from ticketsnow, it just has it's own domain name which is ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com. I am wondering if affiliates are going to be eligible for commissions from that site since it is being pushed on every NFL team page by ticketmaster. If so, it's another great commission opportunity presented by ticketmaster. If not, it's unfortunate.

Thanks

I am wondering the same thing.

Affiliate Network Rep
    As long as the initial link...the link that the person clicked on...directed them first to TM commissions will be accounted to the affiliate.

If the initial link does not take the user thru TM to start, no commissioning will be done.

All links from the buy.at system lead the user thru TM to start, so provided you are not manipulating the landing page to direct the user to TicketExchange or TicketsNow first, and the redirect to TicketExchange is coming thru the TM site, have no fear...your commission will be here.

c3

Sounds good! Thanks a million.

Hi Charlie,

are you sure about this???

I was told by Karishma Shah (TM AFFILIATE MANAGER) that it doesn't gets credited..

also, if it is, for e.g. i redirect someone to ticketsus.at/xxxx - it lands on TM homepage.. I'll be eligible for all the tickets they made on TM (any section and everything correct) or for every category, there is different cookie?Let me know. Thanks.

Also, vice versa, if I redirect someone to some specific events and he/she doesn't purchase that but purchase some other ticket after going on main TM site (considering, my cookie is already there for that specific event), if he/she purchase something else, would I be credited for that..

also, ticketsnow? Don't ticketsnow have different affiliate program.. I am sorry for all the questions. appreciate a quick reply. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie.Calabrese
    As long as the initial link...the link that the person clicked on...directed them first to TM commissions will be accounted to the affiliate.

If the initial link does not take the user thru TM to start, no commissioning will be done.

All links from the buy.at system lead the user thru TM to start, so provided you are not manipulating the landing page to direct the user to TicketExchange or TicketsNow first, and the redirect to TicketExchange is coming thru the TM site, have no fear...your commission will be here.

c3

Affiliate Network Rep
    That truly was A LOT of questions...but I will do my best...if I miss any just let me know.

Let' start with TicketExchange -

TicketExchange and TeamExchange are TM Properties. They are powered by a number of back end tools, including some from TicketsNow, which is why you see some TicketsNow stuff if you dig deep enough.

Karishma Shah is a very good source for information about the TM program, but there must have been some miscommunication, so let's clear the air on that point.

If an affiliate drives traffic to TM home or any TM page and the user gets redirected to TicketExchange or TeamExchange, the affiliate will get commission on that transaction. These tickets are based on a different commission structure. All of this information is available on the buy.at website at the following link -

http://www.buy.at/us/program-details...m=ticketmaster

Now that we have talked particulars let's talk generalities -

If you, the affiliate, drive a user to any TM page the user is cookied as associated to your account. So long as the user is not cookied by someone else before he/she makes a purchase, you will be commissioned. You cookie is not specific to an event, it is for the TM program in general, so regardless of where you first landed them and regardless of what he/she ends up buying (important to note that some charity based events are non-commissioned).

Finally, TicketsNow (TN) -

Yes, TN is owned by TM and they are running a separate program. I do not know the specifics of this program as it is not handled by buy.at.

Please feel free to message me directly if you have any other questions or if there is anything else you need assistance with in regard to the TM program.

c3

Hi,

I would have love to send you a message but I am not allowed to do that, due to lack of my posts..

Anyways, just a quick question to clear my mind.. I would receive commission for sale took place on "Ticketmaster Ticket Exchange"??? Correct? Please confirm..

COnsidering the Cookie is being saved in the customer's browser.. Thanks.

I am an affiliate like you, but I can definitely confirm that the affiliate is paid for TicketExchange purchases when a TM/buy.at affiliate link was originally used. That 7% for (often) inflated prices is mighty nice! Doesn't happen often, but when it does it makes my day! (Usually, the event purchased has nothing to do with my site's topic, so that makes it amusing as well as lucrative).

PS: Charlie posted his email address in several other messages to this forum, so you should be able to find it.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Ticketmaster is a complicated program in some aspects...let me walk you thru an example.

You (Lemley) drive a visitor to TM from your site (any page on the TM Domain, www.ticketmaster.com or its sub domains www.ticketmaster.com/xyz)

The user makes a purchase, or goes to a different event and makes a purchase, or gets redirected from the TM domain to a TeamExchange or TicketExchange page (the redirect must come from being on TM). Additionally, since the TM program has a 30 day cookie period, if the purchase isnt made on the spot, you still get paid a purchase is made later (if you are the last cookie in over the course of that 30 days).

Now lets be clear on what wont work...

You CANNOT drive traffic to TeamExchange or TicketExchange directly. You must go thru the TM domain and have that ticket for that event redirect to TeamExchange or TicketExchange to be commissioned on Exchange tickets.

Hopefully this illustrates what you can and cannot do if you want to earn commission.

Regards,

c3

ps - my email is charles.calabrese[at]buy.at

Shuvee, thanks a lot for your help...

I would check for charlie's email address on other posts. Thanks again.

PS: I can now confirm that we are also paid for TicketsNow purchases which occur after a redirect from Ticketmaster, having reached Ticketmaster via an affiliate link. I never had one until yesterday!

Unfortunately, we are not paid for all partner redirects, but at least we are paid for TicketExchange and TicketsNow, which is very welcome. From what I can tell, we are not paid for Live Nation purchases, which is too bad. They have been promising an affiliate program for about a year, but nothing has happened. The redirects from Ticketmaster do not produce commissions (either that, or nobody has bought through one of my links, which is pretty unlikely as I focus on one artist, and there are always a couple of site visitors who buy tickets for every concert, regardless of where it is).

Moderator Note: Subsequent posts about Live Nation have been split out into a separate thread. I left this post since it's primarily about Ticketmaster.
    Last edited by MichaelColey; January 19th, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Hey Shuvee,

Thanks for confirmation.. yes, I wish they starts to track comission for all and it will be a christmas for me

Hi guyz,

Its me again, Lemley.. Sorry for being annoying.. But I just noticed today that I only earn $10 or so by referring 15 sales.. I got surprised and got to check, whats wrong.. And saw the sales, with no basket data and 0 commissions.. What does that exactly mean and why is that? Let me know. Thanks, as always.

No basket data 15-12-2009 11:58:20 1 $252.00 $0.00 14-12-2009 18:46:03 15-12-2009 19:58:20

Affiliate Network Rep Greg Bennett - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hello Lemley,

The reason some of the items in your sales have no basket data and 0 dollars in commissions is because certain events sold on Ticketmaster are not eligible for commission. These events are outlined in the Ticketmaster Terms & Conditions that you agreed to when signing up for the program.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at gregory.bennett[at]corp.aol.com

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by shuvee
    From what I can tell, we are not paid for Live Nation purchases, which is too bad. They have been promising an affiliate program for about a year, but nothing has happened.
    LiveNation does have an affiliate program on CJ. It launched very quietly a few months ago. Unfortunately, no one I've talked to has been able to get approved.

I spent over a month going back and forth with them, but ultimately they declined my application. The reason why? I run an affiliate site promoting TicketsNow. No idea why that should matter to them, but such is life.

Hey guyz,

just a quick question, I have been a TM affiliate for long time now but I don't know when exactly the sales get Approved status from Pending? Let me knwo. Thanks.

Can someone please reply?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Lemley.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Transactions from December will be getting approveds today/tomorrow. This is typical timing, around the 19th or 20th of the month.

I hope that this helps.

Regards

Paul

thanks.
    thanks.

a quick question, if i have a new account, i made sales in december, i have not entered the payment details yet, as it is not allowed. when the sales get approved tomorrow, I'll be able to enter the payment details, will I recieve the payment on 27th? Thanks.

Affiliate Manager
    Payment
    Hopefully someone from Buyat can answer that question, but it should clear.

One additional point to the NFL conversation. Tickets on www.ticketsnow.com are NOT the same as (Removed Link - Parked Site) the official TicketExchange of the NFL. They are powered by the same engine.

If you are an affiliate in the Ticketmaster program, make sure you direct people to ticketmaster.com/nfl and your links will be tracked by Buyat.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemley
    a quick question, if i have a new account, i made sales in december, i have not entered the payment details yet, as it is not allowed. when the sales get approved tomorrow, I'll be able to enter the payment details, will I recieve the payment on 27th? Thanks.
    Lemley,

Im really sorry that I missed this question. If you have any finance related questions goign forward, please feel free to contact me directly at paul.newton@buy.at and I will get right on to them for you.

Regards

Paul

Is this true??

I mean, TMErik's question?

Hey guyz from buy.at,

I have been trying to get in touch with the email addresses, I have for almost a month now but no one is actually replying to my email. the problem, I have is that I haven't received the $767 CAD payment to my account. I set it up in a way, so I receive it in USD but I received nothing and it is being showed in History or my account. can someone look in it for me, please let me have the email, so I can provide my login details. thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast