More "Deactivated Advertisers" today?
    In the past 10 hours, CJ has sent me 10 "deactivated advertiser" notifications.

Since I have very few active CJ links, I normally don't pay much attention to the "deactivated advertiser" notifications from CJ. However, this does seem like an unusually high number for a single day.

Is there any chance that CJ is being more aggressive about de-activations after the experience with DaDa.net?

To answer my own question: it's not particularly unusual, and it appears that the "busiest de-activation days" are at the end of the month (the last Monday or Tuesday of the month). Out of a total 214 "de-activated advertiser" notices I've received from CJ since January 6, 2009, there are a few days that stand out:

January 27: 8 notices
    May 26: 19 notices
    June 29: 12 notices
    July 27: 10 notices so far

Note that this 'data' includes only MY advertisers -- it's not reflective of CJ's complete advertiser base.
    Last edited by markwelch; July 27th, 2009 at 03:02 PM.

Sounds like either they are cleaning house... OR advertisers are leaving in droves.

Standard advertisers have to keep a positive balance with CJ. Most of them re-up this amount at the beginning /end of each month (as most finance teams calculate PO's at the end of each month).

As the month goes on, especially if it is a good month, that balance will deplete as sales/commissions are generated and can dip into the red during the later part of the month - depending on the company it can take a while for their finance teams to re-up this balance and bring it positive. Once an account has been in the negative for more than a few days CJ will deactivate them. It can also be an example of sloppy account management from whoever is running the program, as there are several notices sent out whenever the account goes negative.

Back to the OP, it is not a coincidence that accounts are deactivated towards the end of the month.
    [FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=Navy]Jonathan Claydon | [email]jclaydon@real.com[/email][/COLOR] |[COLOR=Gray] Director - Affiliate and Partner Marketing[/COLOR] |[/B] [COLOR=Blue]Real[/COLOR]Networks, Inc.[/FONT]

I've received several more notices today, bringing the total to 14 deactivations (for MY advertisers) today (so far).

During the past hour, I've also received two duplicate de-activation notices (copies of the second and third emails which I received earlier -- each within a few minutes of 13 hours after the first emailing). I think it's reasonable to expect more duplicates.

I wonder if de-activations must be "manually" approved by one particular person, whose workload, travel schedule, or vacation schedule may cause the de-activations to sometimes be "bunched up" like this?

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I've received several more notices today, bringing the total to 14 deactivations (for MY advertisers) today (so far).

During the past hour, I've also received two duplicate de-activation notices (copies of the second and third emails which I received earlier -- each within a few minutes of 13 hours after the first emailing). I think it's reasonable to expect more duplicates.

I wonder if de-activations must be "manually" approved by one particular person, whose workload, travel schedule, or vacation schedule may cause the de-activations to sometimes be "bunched up" like this?
    I always thought it was pretty automated. Sounds like advertisers aren't doing very well on CJ, or perhaps they are doing too well?

This just means the recession isn't over yet

FYI: altogether, I received "de-activation notices" from CJ on Monday for 15 merchants, plus 6 "duplicate" notices.

I also received 9 "re-activation notices" on Monday. Eight of the 15 merchants who were deactivated on Monday, were also re-activated the same day. (The ninth re-activation notice was for GoldSpeed, which has been deactivated since July 14th -- the fifth time in 7 months that they've been deactivated.)

Of course, this data is only for "my merchants," not all of CJ's merchants.
    Last edited by markwelch; July 28th, 2009 at 02:14 AM.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread