ABW Ambassador
    Credit Check to be an Affiliate?
    Just applied to a UK based pgm in TradeDoubler and got this email. Is this how most/all uk pgms work? You have to be a registered company and must get your credit check done!

Thank you for your application for xxxxx affiliate program.

xxxx have introduced a new process of accepting affiliates onto their programme.

Here is what you need to do:

1) All affiliates joining the programme must be a registered company.

2) All affiliates must credit check themselves via: www[]busibody[]com] (an Experian company) and forward on to TradeDoubler for processing (We will refund you the costs of the check once your first approved sale has come in).

http and a telephoto
    Yikes.... I don't see that happening. I know *I* wouldn't work with them if they require a credit check. Linkshare tried something similar and I *still* know people (including myself, but I don't care anymore since I am not affiliate marketing any of their merchants) that never got "verified" by the Linkshare system.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Never, ever pay to become an "affiliate." Not even a penny.

This includes accepting anyone's request that you pay a "third party" for some service (whether or not you are promised that the payment will be refunded after some contingency).

This honestly does not sound like something I'd expect from a company like TradeDoubler with a fairly long history and fairly good reputation.

TradeDoubler's application form allows affiliates to enroll as "individuals" (I can't move through the full registration process as they don't accept US affiliates).

Contact TradeDoubler and ask them if they are aware of this.

This seems to be a requirement by a single merchant, and it seems likely that TradeDoubler isn't even aware of this arrangement. Don't do it -- it is most likely a scam intended to increase orders for the "credit check" service, from which your "merchant" is probably earning a percentage.

Important note (scam alert): Although I see several references on other web sites suggesting that BusiBody.com is "an Experian company," and although "Experian Ltd." is listed as the owner in the domain registration for BusiBody.com, the BusiBody.com web site only says that it is "powered by Experian" and does NOT state that it is owned by Experian, nor can I find any reference on any Experian web site supporting the idea that they own BusyBody.com. BusiBody.com may simply be a service company that resells Experian data.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    (I can't move through the full registration process as they don't accept US affiliates).
    They accepted me and I am a US affiliate.

Did you fill in the same form I just tried to complete? There is no option to register with a US address, only from European countries. Maybe there is another process I didn't find?

ABW Ambassador
    My registered address with TradeDoubler is my US home address.

TradeDoubler UK can only work with websites that generate significant UK traffic. Please provide evidence of this via your server logs. We need this proof to activate your account; otherwise we will not be able to activate you for International Payment. Please send us this information via the support contact form and request 'international payment'. We will then activate your account. Once your account has been activated you need to enter the following details:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread