Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Brilliant Woman Solves all of California's Problems
    A friend sent this and in light of all the California issues thought it was a good laugh.

This video takes place in California at a Santa Cruz town hall meeting. Obviously this woman has spent

entirely too much time in our government run school systems. This is really sad and very scary, to think

that people like this are actually allowed to vote.

Warning: this video will make you sick to your stomach (and laugh hysterically at her ignorance). Yes, this ones a winner.

http://raisedbygrace.blogspot.com/20...es-all-of.html

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Reminds of the Miss Teen America one.

WOW! California has cotton?

The Iraq and such as...
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

This is just sad!
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Growing food is so good for the people of California because it's free. Alls you have to do is pay for the farmers and pay for the land. But why do we have to pay for the land? The land's free. It's new land. Ya know, do we have to pay for the land? Rent, do we have to pay? The food's free. So we should just sell it at the farmer's market.
    I have no words to describe how astounded I was by that speech.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone know what they GROW in the Santa Cruz mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Does anyone know what they GROW in the Santa Cruz mountains.
    I think I could guess...
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Slaves back east...seriously...did we not make it through 2nd grade?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    WOW! California has cotton?
    For decades, California was one of the five top cotton-producing states, for many years second in the US to Texas. In the last few years, cotton production has decreased, but we're still in the top ten. Some info.

Many years ago, I had to go to the south Imperial County area on business, and took a "short cut" on a narrow, one lane road. I had to drive for miles behind a slow-moving cotton truck, that was continually dropping cotton "seeds" off the back, hitting the front on my car. An experience I do not wish to ever repeat.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Wow I did not know that.

But the slaves comment along with well the rest of it was hilarious. Our office collectively roared and then cried.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

Vegetable trees. 'nuff said.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Let's make fun of the mentally ill! What fun!
    First, I find it sad that professional people would choose to take time to ridicule these unfortunate people online. Many of these people have mental-health problems, some of them obvious and some not. Wouldn't it be even more fun if she stammered, or her arm shook uncontrollably, or she drooled while she spoke?

It is even more offensive to assert absurdly that these ramblings are the product of the public school system. By that logic, I should blame our public school system for producing the intolerant, rude people who ridicule others. (Yes, of course, the vast majority of U.S. residents attended public schools, so most mentally-ill people attended public schools. So did most criminals, most mortgage brokers, most drug addicts, most foster parents, most child molesters, most judges, and most millionaires.)

We've made a "business decision," as a society, to not provide meaningful mental-health services to people, and more than a few of California's mentally-ill street people were given free bus tickets by local officials in other states who sought to "dump" their problems elsewhere, and many local communities in California strive to "dump" mentally-ill people on more tolerant cities like San Francisco, Berkeley, and Santa Cruz.

I've lived in all three of those cities (plus some others). In Santa Cruz and Berkeley, it's quite common for some very "unusual" people to choose to make some very "unexpected" statements during the public comment period during city council meetings (which is what this video is from). I've also seen similar incoherent statements at city council and school board meetings in other cities where I've lived, and even at town hall meetings which I attended when I lived in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

We live in a country where free speech is revered, and as annoying as I often find some speakers' messages (or their inability to articulate any coherent message), I would not consider for a single moment denying them the right to speak. Nor would I consider it appropriate to ridicule or make fun of people who are suffering from mental illnesses or who are otherwise less fortunate than me.
    Last edited by markwelch; July 29th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey, she likes the Bush administration ("...which is really good!") at 1 min 30 sec.

Calm down Mark its a daily chuckle (posted by chuckles). I don't see that this woman is mentally ill and quite the contrary seems normal enough. You can tell by the response when she is done that the meeting felt the same.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; July 30th, 2009 at 12:44 AM.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    First, I find it sad that professional people would choose to take time to ridicule these unfortunate people online. Many of these people have mental-health problems, some of them obvious and some not. Wouldn't it be even more fun if she stammered, or her arm shook uncontrollably, or she drooled while she spoke?

It is even more offensive to assert absurdly that these ramblings are the product of the public school system. By that logic, I should blame our public school system for producing the intolerant, rude people who ridicule others. (Yes, of course, the vast majority of U.S. residents attended public schools, so most mentally-ill people attended public schools. So did most criminals, most mortgage brokers, most drug addicts, most foster parents, most child molesters, most judges, and most millionaires.)

We've made a "business decision," as a society, to not provide meaningful mental-health services to people, and more than a few of California's mentally-ill street people were given free bus tickets by local officials in other states who sought to "dump" their problems elsewhere, and many local communities in California strive to "dump" mentally-ill people on more tolerant cities like San Francisco, Berkeley, and Santa Cruz.

I've lived in all three of those cities (plus some others). In Santa Cruz and Berkeley, it's quite common for some very "unusual" people to choose to make some very "unexpected" statements during the public comment period during city council meetings (which is what this video is from). I've also seen similar incoherent statements at city council and school board meetings in other cities where I've lived, and even at town hall meetings which I attended when I lived in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.

We live in a country where free speech is revered, and as annoying as I often find some speakers' messages (or their inability to articulate any coherent message), I would not consider for a single moment denying them the right to speak. Nor would I consider it appropriate to ridicule or make fun of people who are suffering from mental illnesses or who are otherwise less fortunate than me.
    You must be using the same medication that she does daily (or hourly).

And, I bet its home grown too.

I used to watch 'jaywalking' on Leno and laugh my ass off - and get depressed at the same time.

I remember 2 questions is particular, one person was asked what is the name of the big ocean to the west (of california). No idea.

Another was asked "how many moons does the earth have?" Wrong.

The people he talked to were often teachers, college students, etc.

Not ill, but definitely taking some medicinal ... that was fing scary
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    The woman maybe just treating her Glaucoma

<cynic mode>What if this was intentional? Knowing council meetings have a public comment period, where you may speak uninterrupted, maybe she was hoping to be the next viral wonder. And she's well on her way. Everyone wants their 15 minutes...</cynic mode>
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I have to agree with Mark. I don't believe in ridiculing people. This is America. She is allowed to make her speech (whether coherent or not).

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Please tell me that she was acting.

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I dunno Chuck, I think Mark has a point here... MOST people DID receive their educations in the public school system. When I was a city councilman in Colorado in the late 70's our community was having a terrible problem with grasshoppers. One of our "Boulder" thinkers introduced an ordinance that would have required ALL residents to keep a minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 ducks on their property because she believed that ducks eating grasshoppers would bring the grasshopper population under control while providing organic - natural fertilizer for our lawns. She almost got it through too on a narrow vote of 9 - 1 opposed! That may have been her in the video...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I'm not agreeing with anybody in this thread, but hats off too Mark for articulating a strong felt position that goes against the crowd. The man's got courage and I admire that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    She almost got it through too on a narrow vote of 9 - 1 opposed! That may have been her in the video...
    Who the heck was the one?

I gotta give the lady credit for thinking outside the box though.

Ducks eat free at Subway! ~ Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    I'm not agreeing with anybody in this thread, but hats off too Mark for articulating a strong felt position that goes against the crowd. The man's got courage and I admire that.
    I concur.
    Matt McWilliams

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMcWilliams
    Who the heck was the one?
    Ahhhhh Matt, how about her? duh!!! Yeah, moving sure tires a guys mind eh? I know you were just pulling the chain buddy - I sometimes wonder if she actually thought to vote "For" her proposed law though.... You had to know her to know how spot on that comment is.
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Can't help myself, here's another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sq-VmBMHkw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast