Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Revenue Magazine to Launch January 2004; New Publication from Montgomery Research, Inc. to Focus on Affiliate Marketing

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 29, 2003--Revenue, the first magazine focused on the fast-growing field of Internet affiliate marketing, will launch January 14th, Montgomery Research, Inc. announced today.
    "We're very pleased to be launching Revenue to serve a growing audience at a time when many other business and technology magazines are struggling. We've found tremendous demand from affiliates, merchants and advertisers for this publication," said Publisher Nick Smith.

Revenue explores the strategies, technologies, designs and best-practices that help affiliates and merchants achieve success in affiliate marketing, a fast-growing area of e-commerce in which independent Web publishers, usually operating as small businesses, generate commissions by introducing consumers to the sites of larger merchants.

Thousands of affiliate programs involving over 1 million affiliates collectively generate more than $1 billion in revenue for merchants that include large retailers such as Target, Eddie Bauer, Blair Corp., Amazon.com and hundreds of other well-known corporations in the U.S. and around the world.

"We view affiliate marketing as an important stage in the growth of e-commerce that will benefit consumers and merchants with better Web content, higher ethical standards and competitive pricing," said Editor-in-Chief Tom Murphy, who leads an all-star team of business journalists, marketing experts, affiliates and industry practitioners.

Revenue will be available through major book and magazine dealers. It will also be sold through subscriptions, including those offered through the magazine's own affiliate marketing program.

http://www.revenuetoday.com

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...02&newsLang=en

AWESOME NEWS and a big boon to the industry. What do you think???

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Karl,

The magazine is no longer affiliated with the guy from the other place. They severed their ties. Is that why you posted this?

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Well, I'll stick with for now. Let's just say, well, no. Let's stick with

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money!
    [What is Parasiteware? click here to learn more]

Yeah, still waiting for a response at the "other place" from the "other guy".
    He bragged this thing up, it was basically "his baby" and all of a sudden they are not associated with "him".
    I anxiously await the spin....

ABW Ambassador
    I kinda wish I could at least see the spin... I don't think I can even get in there anymore... though I have no desire to try

Zimpy.com - Make a statement!

Die Parasites Die!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the "other place" from the "other guy" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    I saw this a while back and I was interested until I looked around and found who the contributors were going to be.

Killed my interest dead in it's tracks.

** Have you asked for change? **

I've known about this since the "other guy" 1st started talking about it and a friend of mine wrote an article for it. Don't know much about the politics and everyone that's involved, but regardless, I think it could help the industry in general if it's done right.

I actually have more interest in it now that the other guy isn't involved. I was too afraid I would pay for my subscription and never get it.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think it could help the industry in general if it's done right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, I'm especially interested in this piece:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Find out what the father of Guerrilla Marketing thinks affiliate programs must do to maximize their success.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cant wait to see what their comments are. I'm sure Ecom can't wait too .

** Have you asked for change? **

I'm with Karl on this one.

Andy

Too many presumptious opinions before the final product is available!

I think affiliate marketing is to narrow of a niche to publish a magazine for. An online forum is doing just fine: ABW.

When you think the number of all affiliates as a subscriber base;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    ...involving over 1 million affiliates collectively generate more than $1 billion in revenue for merchants...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should also consider that a majority of them hardly make enough money to pay for an annual subscription to "Revenue".

ABW Ambassador
    What is the "other place" and who is the "other guy".

I think I know who we're talking about, but I'd like another hint (Like iaf...)

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>you should also consider that a majority of them hardly make enough money to pay for an annual subscription to "Revenue".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is why they need the magazine!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jane:
    That is why they need the magazine!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but after looking at it, I seriously, and mean seriously, doubt it will help any lower tier affiliate earn more.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    An online forum is doing just fine: ABW.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto !!!

As I told the guy that tried to convince me on the phone for over 45 minutes why i should be involved and why i should tell me merchants to fork over $$$ -

Anyone that is in this vertical, is online most of the time doing research and learning. When was the last time anyone of you picked up any of the industry "advertising/marketing" publications?

I get them in the mail and they pile up and get dumped. Yet i do read the online versions daily to keep up. Perfect example: InternetRetailer. Great publication, get it in print, ignore it, read it online daily.

IMO, as I told the nice salesperson that called, I think that this "idea" was "sold" to Montgomery Research by a certain individual and they bought it hook, line and sinker. IMO, and my opinion only: Anyone working in this industry, learns online and spends most of their time online. Now if they come up with an online version, they have a better chance.

Of course, this is only my opnion...

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor
    MSN: AffiliateDoctor

Well if the idea is to pitch it to people as a way to learn to make money, having it out on the newsstands can't hurt. Most people don't even know what an affiliate program is. People expect things on the Internet to be free. They will pay for paper. I expect it won't be much use to people who are already making money.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Sounds to me like just another research company wnating to make money out of subscriptions.

I think most people in this business already just read online news only.

Who has time to read a magazine when most of the time your typing

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't mind getting a mag with Affiliate articles and all that at all. Kind of tired of reading everything off the computer screen, and It would be great to read it on the way to school.

Javi

-------------
    <font size="1">The price of Open Source is your sanity</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    When was the last time anyone of you picked up any of the industry "advertising/marketing" publications? ... Perfect example: InternetRetailer. Great publication, get it in print, ignore it, read it online daily.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Excellent point. I get the magazine and newsletters. I've glanced through a couple of the magazines over the past year, but I always read their newsletters.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    I got a PM about this a month ago, my bet is safe. It never happened in the 4th quarter of this year.

Funny stuff, an annual subscription is $25 - but how many issues is that? I can't find anything about how many issues a year, smells of a one off attempt and then a wait and see. I also cannot find one other publication by the publisher that is national and on the news stands, all I see is research pubs. Very different.

But a january 14th launch date? I imagine newsstands everywhere are clearing off some shelf space for this unknown magazine, from an unknown publisher that is built by - i don't know?? But they do have that strong presence with their web.. wait?? Huh?

They are going to have an opening run of 125,000 magazines. Oh my! I would hazard to guess they are going to comp half the merchants in the world and still have 75,000 magazines back lining bird cages at MRI.

So to the person who PM'd me and was in the know...

Lets get some stats.
    How many issues per year?
    How many paid subscribers currently?
    How many comps currently.

I am so glad this isn't dead, yet. I need the smile it brings me.

Chet

I believe it is to be a quartely mag. 4 issues a year.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    When was the last time anyone of you picked up any of the industry "advertising/marketing" publications?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I spend a good 2 1/2+ hours on trains each day, so I devour any industry publications I can get a hold of.

I am an avid reader of Internet Retailer and DM News - if this mag offers something unique and timely, I'm anxious to see it thrive.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliate marketing is a pretty fast industry, a quarterly mag would become dated very quickly.

I work in lounge pants

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast