I have the google bar installed to see what ranking my pages are given. On of my site a PR of 2 or 3 for all the pages. I added a few sections 2 weeks ago and those pages have a PR of 0. Is is safe to say that those pages haven't been indexed yet? If not is there a way to see if a page is indexed even is if the PR is 0?

Thanks,

Doug

Bye!

ABW Ambassador
    You could always use the site command to see what pages are indexed. Type in site:www.widgets.com and it should bring up the results. Google is kind of weird though. I've had a page pop up and then be gone. I've seen people say that sometimes google does this and the page might return later. The site command appears to work for both Google and Yahoo.

Also, it sometimes takes a while to get the deeper pages indexed. I have 6 websites now. The two from around late November/December are both indexed. I don't know if all of the second one is or just part of it. Three of my others are indexed, but only the main page. My last site hasn't gone live yet.

Google is weird. It's hard to say when they will deep crawl your pages or update your links and pagerank.

Then again, I'm still pretty new at this, so hopefully some others here can shed more light on this.

Hey Doug,

Your asking the right questions, learn all you can about the search engines and you will do well.

This is what I know right now concerning google and indexing the web. They have slowed down considerably right now with "deep crawling" of the web. Over the last several months google has been working on going deeper into sites and including them in the index. Seams now they are working on the actuall results.

I have had several new sites up in the last two months and google has not really include the "bulk" of those pages yet.

I have also been chatting with many other webmasters and seen posts on other search engine forums to confirm this.

In the coming weeks google will update and then most likely start to "deep crawl again" it will happen ... were just not sure when.

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs | InkAffiliate.com

Hey Guys,

Probibly a better search "query" when your wanting to know how much of your site is indexed in google is the "allinurl" search.

This search will only return pages listed in one signal domain.

Simply search google:

allinurl:www.yoursitedomainhere.com

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    myrxforless.com | My Affiliate Programs | InkAffiliate.com

pages can be indexed regardless of pr value.. the allinurl thing seems to bring up more results than site: for me.

one way I check to see if google has a copy of the page is selecting the "cached snapshop of page" option of the google toolbar with the page info pulldown.

ABW Ambassador
    What I'm wondering about is why is google so concerned with the results but not deep crawling much. Wouldn't the extra content from deep crawling a site change it's results in the SE?

over 4 billion pages to process, multiple data centers.. takes awhile

You can usually expect a deep crawl once a month.

This is hot I check to see if and howmany of my pages are currently indexed by Google.

I made an offline page, that uses the site command earlier mentioned, with some code for each domain as follows.

<form action=" http://www.google.com/search" name=f>
    <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
    <tr>
    <td width=75> </td>
    <td align=center>
    <input type=hidden name=hl value=en>
    <span id=hf></span>
    <input type=hidden name=ie value="UTF-8">
    <input type=hidden name=oe value="UTF-8">
    <input maxLength=256 size=55 name=q value="site:yourwebsite.com yourwebsite.com">

<input type=submit value="Google Search" name=btnG>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </form>

Change "yourwebsite.com" with your own information and presto.

I hope this is ok to post this, if not, please forgive me and remove the post.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LarryTH:
    This is hot I check to see if and howmany of my pages are currently indexed by Google.

I made an offline page, that uses the site command earlier mentioned, with some code for each domain as follows.

Sorry didn't know it would do that, edited.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread