Affiliate Manager
    Does anyone use Outlook 2007?
    I have recently started using Outlook 2007 and I am having a problem with a "rule".

The email account is Hotmail. I have set up a rule in Outlook so that all the "twitter" emails go into a "twitter" folder and that way they don't get sent to the blackberry.

When I run the rule manually, the rule works. So, I know the problem is not in the rule settings itself. The box for "turn the rule on" is checked.

When Outlook performs the send/receive with Hotmail, it does not run the rule and the twitter emails are in the Inbox instead of being in the twitter folder.

What am I missing? Does the rule have to be setup in Hotmail to work? Does the Hotmail account override the Outlook settings and if so, is there an option to change that and let Outlook settings prevail?

Thanks for the help!!

I ran far, far away from Outlook some years ago. But, of course, that isn't helpful to you, is it? LOL!

I did a "Google" and found this:

http://kb.iu.edu/data/anfv.html

Don't know how helpful that'll be? Seemed at a glance to be pretty basic, but maybe it'll help you see some little step you're missing.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Gary. I have already seen that and you are right, it is the basic instructions. My rule is set up right because it works when I run the rules manually, it just isn't doing it as the messages come in.

I am willing to bet I have to set up the rule in Hotmail (which really seems stupid) or Hotmail is overriding Outlook.

Outlook syncs with the Blackberry. That is why I got it. I am sure there are other programs that sync with the Blackberry but that is the one I was the most familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooker
    Outlook syncs with the Blackberry. That is why I got it. I am sure there are other programs that sync with the Blackberry but that is the one I was the most familiar with.
    Ah, well, there ya go. One of those high-techie people with a Blackberry.

Why, I remember in my day, the only blackberries we had we picked off of thorny vines and scraffed down with lots of sugar and milk.

Hmpf! Cell phones! PDAs!
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager
    I am far from being a high-tech person. I carry the blackberry so I can still get work done while I run DD to all of her activities.

The problem is you can't set the rule in Outlook you must set the rule on your settings in Hotmail.

Your blackberry checks your Hotmail not your outlook.

But if youare synching meaning you have no data service on your blackberry you really can't do what you want as blackberry just puts everything into one folder my blackberry no longer have so this might have changed allowed you to set rules ont he device itself.

Affiliate Manager
    That is what I expected - that I had to set the rule in Hotmail.

The only thing I sync between the blackberry/Outlook is contacts. I got tired of putting contacts in Hotmail and then having to reenter them on the phone.

Thanks!!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread