Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Anyone know how to get "viewing rights" (to click on a member's icon and find out something about them)?

There's a lot of info - and a lot of opinions(!!) - in this forum, but before I take someone's advice, I'd like to at least see their website to see if the advice is coming from someone I would even listen to.

Damn Billy Kay,

Every time you listen to someone else you are always taking a risk!

Its up to you to decide if you find the person you are taking advice from is a person reputable.

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Even if you had those rights, anyone not already telling people what their site is won't have it listed anyways.

Too many copiers already.
    No point making it even easier for them.

Show me the money.
    Game on!!!! - The DawgFather

Just Lurking
    NEVER LISTEN TO BUDDHA!! BUDDHA IS AN EVIL BASTARD! IGNORE ME!

I like it that way.

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

[This message was edited by Buddha on March 06, 2004 at 04:12 PM.]

Look at EcomCity's advice and look at his web site, then go from there.

ABW Ambassador
    What Sambay said. Mike is the master, just do exactly what he says and you too can be a Super Affiliate.

I work in lounge pants

Why on earth do you think people would be willing to let your see their sites, you know the sites where they make their livings? You wouldn't have copying in mind would you?

Good grief, Billy Kay, you want my bank account number, too?

If you want to see some good sites, do a few product searches on google.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

Just Lurking
    Don't listen to affiliates in lounge pants. Real affiliates do it nake!

------------------------------
    "If all the newbies are going to start writing ebooks maybe I should get started on mine!" -- Buddha

Buddha

Stop bragging about lifting that table without hands!

<font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

GeeZ! I thought it was just Todd at CJ you all picked on!

It was an innocent question - lots of "expert opinions" on ABW - how do I find out if they're coming from a professional or a 10-year old.

To those who accused me of wanting to steal their sites (aargh)! My site is at

The Mail Order Shoppe
    http://mailordershoppe.com/

(I have no need to steal your site)

I joined ABW on the advice of a merchant (PetMeds), and I had never "met" another affiliate.

I thought it would be neat to see what other affiliates do, share stories, and relate to the only other people who understand what I do.(When I tell friends "I make links" for a living, they have no concept of what I do!!!

But now I know that a lot of you are just mean, insecure, busy bodies with too much time on you hands! At least now I know who's posts NOT to read.

Not all of you!! Some have been real helpful and informative. And I thank them...

Billy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    But now I know that a lot of you are just mean, insecure, busy bodies with too much time on you hands! At least now I know who's posts NOT to read.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME all ME! And proud to be mean, insecure, and a busy bodies with too much time on my hands!

Whoo Hoo

I'm a butthead!

ABW Ambassador
    I'm a professional 8 year old

"But now I know that a lot of you are just mean, insecure, busy bodies with too much time on you hands! At least now I know who's posts NOT to read."

Relax, don't take it personal, sometimes its just some friendly ribbing. A lot of people don't want there sites known because there is a lot of copying going on, maybe not you, but there are thousands here, some never making 1 post. And sometimes i've heard of parasites targetting those posting against them and things of that nature. But thing to do is just read the posts and then decide which people make sense to you and over time you can tell who to be listening too.

I work in lounge pants

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LOL, ABWers are a persnickety lot, lol. But if you go back through posts you will find thread after thread after thread about how someone copied sites wholesale from another affiliate. So, we're somewhat paranoid about our sites. Several of my sites are open books, because, well, they suck: if someone copies them, they deserve the loss of income they got coming. Others, I won't mention here.

Don't be offended, though, if ABWers share their thoughts and strategies but not their actual sites.

- - - - - - - - -
    I will FOCUS on my goal, and I shall NOT be denied.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    Look at EcomCity's advice and look at his web site, then go from there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sambay,

the best advice I've heard all day...

Ssaf,

yes, i do want your account numbers... I'm a little short this month!

BillyKay,

you commited one of those unwritten transgressions...

Asking to see someones site... most of us protect our websites from the lazy, thieving, no accounts that lurk around ABestWeb because this is how we earn our $$$$$

if you want to see websites... some of the more confindent webmaster who need there egos massaged.. list there websites in there sig...

now, let's see who did I p**s off???

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:

But now I know that a lot of you are just mean, insecure, busy bodies with too much time on you hands! At least now I know who's posts NOT to read.

Billy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, Billy ... keep that in mind, and keep it all in perspective, and this place can be a *very* good place for education and inspiration.

It's also a good place to come blow off some steam.

I thought your question was actually a good one. You're really just asking why you can't see a member's piublic profile. I've wondered the same thing, but never cared enough about it to ask.

Hopefully the answer is that the ability to view those profiles has been turned off for everybody. The only other answer is that you and I aren't good enuf, and that just can't be right.

Good luck;

- Ed

ABW Ambassador
    Good people are here offering advice for free and don't owe you anything. If you require credentials, paid consultants are standing by to take your credit card number.

Wayne

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Billy Kay & abagoo,

Don't let these guys get to you. They are just having fun.

It's a perfectly normal question to ask since in most other forums you CAN view people's profiles which is a legit way to get to know someone a little better.

Due to devious deeds from others here previously - site copiers, etc. - the profiles cannot be seen by other affiliates (potential competitors.) Only merchants can view profiles.

However, I seldom look at profiles cuz most affiliates don't put their sites in the profiles anyway so you aren't missing much. Besides hang out here long enough and you will get a very strong sense of who's who here. Witches, Buddha's, Dawgs, 8 year olds, Flamingos, Buttheads and even Mike all have something valuable to say. They are a nice bunch once you get to know them.

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

ok, I'll be more "thick-skinned"!!

1. (This is tongue-in-cheek). 25 replies - and not a single answer to the original question!!!! (except that I don't need it answered anymore)

2. I once did a search on our tagline (instead of doing a search for the mail order shoppe) - and found was a site who copied my return policy - verbatim!! Word-for-word.

3. Re: ABW's 1000s of members. They must hang out in other forums! I see the same 10 people's posts every day!

Have a nice weekend - gotta' get ready - MGM is comping me to Brittany tonight. I could care less, but I have a 10-year old!

Watch Orange County Choppers and You'll get the attitude. I think it's called love/hate relationships.

I don't let anyone look at my sites because they are UUUUGGGLY!

The do sell stuff however...

CDC

DO YOU HAVE A SPYWARY POLICY?

It would be a compliment if someone copied my mall site it stinks to high heaven and it might actually help me in the long run by creating my own lousy competion against my good sites! lol

>I see the same 10 people's posts every day!

You got that right. I'm beginning to worry that my spamcon group is going to outnumber the haiko-huggers at vegas.

Regardless, comparing someone's advice to theirs sites is not an accurate way to confirm an advice.

You'll get the best advice from your own network reports, site statistics reports, and trial-and-errors, if you how to interpret them.

We are Borg! YOu will be assimulated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast