Closed merchant question?
    Gonna really sound like a dummy question but this is in regards to "Closed Merchants" Am tryin 2 get more organized while putting links on my site that still have to be done. When I see the new merchant in the rss feed I take a quick look at em and if I like what I see I join em. (figure I won't forget em that way since they'll be in my list of joined merchants) If really like what I see, the links go up pretty quickly, others it takes me a bit to get to em.

Tryin to go thru all the merchants and figure out which to put on next (is a coupon type site, not my niche sites) Umm naturally am not gonna put any of the closed programs or any that seem to have a history of bein offline. Would just like to maybe shorten the list some by eliminating those "Closed merchants"

Those programs that I've already got links on my site but their programs have closed.......If they have a long cookie and I've had hits I don't wanna quit their programs (figure a miracle may happen and might still get a sale)

If the program is "Closed" am pretty sure that means even if I did get a sale there's still no way I'd be gettin paid for that sale but wanna make absolutely positively sure that is the case. So.......any program that I've had clicks but is a "closed" program........there is no way I'd get paid from them anyway, correct??

ok, told ya was dummy question but just wanted to make absolutely sure and then am gonna quit em just so I can shorten the list and go thru it quicker Hmmm, if they're closed am hopin I can still quit to get rid of em in my list.

15 years and counting
    purplebear - any program that I've had clicks but is a "closed" program........there is no way I'd get paid from them anyway, correct??
    First, if a program is closed, your clicks are not going to the merchant but to an other URL (set by you). So you're not going to make instant sales, but you can still have a sale from cookies.
    Then, two cases, the merchant still have an escrow account and you may get paid or the merchant left with its account completely dry and you will not get paid.

Thank you very much Zeus I'm sorry I didn't quite make myself clear in what I said. Those closed merchants I was referring to, the clicks I had were clicks from before when they were active and they came from active links. They've had their programs for a while before closing them and I have had their links on my site.

Based on your answer tho, I shouldn't be quitting those programs cos they could have the escrow account. Very, very helpful answer cos I was gonna just quit them. I realize it's probably very, very unlikely any sale might happen but definitely didn't wanna quit em in case there may be one. So, thank you very, very much for your answer

15 years and counting
    I made sales from closed merchants and I've been paid, so it's why I know it's possible. I've seen also merchants going on a reversal spree before leaving.
    No need to keep the merchants after the cookies have expired. Myself, I keep some closed merchants (and, I've a truck load) if I made sales for them, for accounting reason.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread