This is what I am seeing, how about the rest of you?

I have to keep logging in everytime I try to do a product search or check my mail

The product search seems to be back to the old "take forever to do the search and half the time it will time out" ways of a few months ago.

Now I realize it's early, so these aren't complaints, just observations.
    Anyone seeing this or anything different?

Game on!!!!

Affiliate Network Rep
    I am seeing this with Product searches, but not with mail.

I'm looking into it.

David.

Affiliate Network Rep
    BTW, I'm seeing advertiser specific product searches working well, but non specific searches performing poorly.

Changes - Not for the BETTER:

Product links: No more 3 month & 7 days EPC! So we cannot determine what are the big sellers.
    No indication if it is a "New" product!

CJ said that we would have more product information! As far as I can see, there is alot less!! Seems idiotic to give the publishers LESS information about the products they are posting!

Tami

What Tami said PLUS: I still miss the commission amounts showing up on the product information.

We're getting a lot less information, now. At least I feel like I'm spending more time clicking around CJ and getting less work done!

GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY - IT WAS BETTER!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Andy,

Yes, thanks for reminding me, I miss the commission amounts also!

Tami

yeah, and the product destination url option is gone too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

I just spent some more time at CJ looking at the changes to the product links. I have a question:

What BOZO at CJ said, "Oh yes, this will be a helpful and time saving update for our affiliates!"

What is the deal with the image URL anyway? Why offer it now instead of a destination URL?

Why don't we see what the commission paid for the product is?

Why no EPC figures?

I have a suggestion: instead of getting rid of meaningful things that help affiliates determine which products we want to promote, why don't you restore all the useful information you've dumped during the last two updates and

IMPROVE THE SPEED OF PRODUCT SEARCHES!

THAT would be the best change you could make!

Your last two updates have not been beneficial in my opinion, you're just making it harder to update our sites.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Andy,

quote:
    What is the deal with the image URL anyway? Why offer it now instead of a destination URL?

Why don't we see what the commission paid for the product is?

Why no EPC figures?

I don't know what you mean by your first question.

We no longer show the commission per product for several reasons. Two would be, I think you can do the math on a $10 product that pays 20% and secondly, it is not a guarantee because the actual sale price may change.

We no longer calculate EPC because every product has the same AID now. All products are now part of a catalog - the catalog has the AID not the individual products.

If you click on the product detail page - you will see all of the available fields that advertisers can include in their product catalogs.

These changes were made to improve the searchability and scalability of the product link feature.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd,

I have the same questions as Andy that you said you did not understand.
    The ability to change the destination URL is no longer available.
    If you click on "Get HTML" for a link, there use to be two variable fields available.
    1. Destination URL
    2. Image URL
    Now only the image URL field is available. How are we supposed to change the destination of the link?
    For example I just checked one product from one of my merchants. The URL that is given by CJ does not work because the merchant changed the product to another item number. Before I would simply go in an input the new merchant URL and then CJ would give me the updated destination URL. How are we going to change the destination URL now?

Thanks.

Oh, now I see what you mean. I will check on this for you.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

^BUMP^

I just want to make sure this doesn't get buried, as I think it's important that we be able to change the destination URL under "Advanced Options".

Andy

quote:
    I have the same questions as Andy that you said you did not understand.
    The ability to change the destination URL is no longer available.
    If you click on "Get HTML" for a link, there use to be two variable fields available.
    1. Destination URL
    2. Image URL
    Now only the image URL field is available. How are we supposed to change the destination of the link?
    For example I just checked one product from one of my merchants. The URL that is given by CJ does not work because the merchant changed the product to another item number. Before I would simply go in an input the new merchant URL and then CJ would give me the updated destination URL. How are we going to change the destination URL now?

I feel your pain - it is frustrating when advertiser change product URLs.

We no longer allow URL changes because product links should only have one destination URL.

Secondly, the destination URLs are now in the HTML so there is no new destination URL to append (like we used to do it).

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd, let me give you an example of the change url and image link that has helped many of us:

ie. I am selling cowboy hats - I wish to display a Wool Hat and want the link to go to the whole page of wool cowboy hats not just the one in the image - I use the link showing the Resistol Wool Western Hat and change the url page link to go to the page full of Resistol Wool western hats so that the customer sees the full choice not just one that is available.

Now multiply that by thousands of products that thousands of us use in that manner and we have just multiplied our work by millions of hours.

Now do you understand.

Abigail

Todd wrote:
    quote:
    I feel your pain - it is frustrating when advertiser change product URLs.

Todd,

This has nothing to do with advertiser's changing product links! CJ is the one at fault, here!

Take for instance JC Whitney. I was able to create a link to any of the many, many categories of products they carry. Those flexible destination links are all now expired. And, I don't have the ability to create new ones, or change the old ones if JCW has to shuffle pages around.

We are now limited to specific products, only. And only if the merchant has them loaded into CJ's system. You do have limits to the number of products they can feature, don't you?

This is a bad, bad change that makes us LESS EFFECTIVE at doing what we need to do.

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

This is absolutely horrid!!! I have thousands of links that I created using the advanced options!!

This will distroy my ablility to run my site.
    It was only when I learned how to use the advanced generator that I finally started to make any money!

PLEASE!!!!

Change it back!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    Is that right? The user created links are no good anymore? I would have never known had I not looked here. How come CJ never notified me?

And how come my balance keeps going up without any transactions?

Yeah???

When I add my transactions and my recent payment amount together, I don't come up with the balance. I don't have anything extended that I know of so what is the extra money in the balance? Do we have transactions not showing?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

When I go to any banner for any of my advertisers, it looks like I can still make a destination URL and create an image URL.

Jimbo,

If you read everything Todd has written about this, you'll see that he has stated that the links will still work for a few months, even though they show as expired. But if there are no impressions or sales, then they will be deleted.

I don't know about you, but this thought process doesn't inspire much confidence in me. Indeed, why were we not told about this ahead of time?

Further, if you need to change those links for whatever reason, or if you wish to add any new ones, you cannot do it.

So, I guess the links are still good as long as they are showing impressions and setting cookies, but if you ever want to make changes, forget it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Andy

SSanf,

So far I've noticed the problem with product links and all links I made previously that had a specific destination URL in them.

The option to make new ones or change the old ones is simply gone from the CJ interface.

Andy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread