Thread: Livenation?

Livenation?
    On the Livenation site it says "Livenation affilaites program coming soon"! Since ticketmaster is with buy.at, does that mean you will be handling livenation as well? Will they co-exist like TM and ticketsnow and ticketweb? I'm just curious as this would open up even more revenue streams via ticketmaster. By the way, in case you haven't heard this recently, Ticketmaster is the greatest ticket web site in the world to be partnered with!

Thanks
    Butterface

Right now, LiveNation is still a seperate company, so it's anyone's guess who will manage their affiliate program. I've sent countless e-mails to them trying to get more info on when it'll launch (since I'm KILLING IT with the TM program), but it falls on deaf ears.

For many concerts, Ticketmaster does a redirect to the Live Nation purchase page, as with other "partners". The clicks record (of course), and I have gotten the occasional purchase of other tickets, but have yet to ever see credit for a Live Nation concert. I suspect that they aren't compensated (yet?) as I find it hard to believe that I have sold zero tickets to their concerts. If Buy.at wants to weigh in and tell us whether redirects will get commissions on purchase, that would be nice to know.

Like I said, I made an inquiry via their website to find out what the status was on their affiliate program. 11 days later, this is what I got:

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Care.

You have reached our LiveNation.com Customer Care department. Our office provides support for tickets purchased through Live Nation Ticketing, and www.livenation.com related questions. Provided here is an address for our corporate office for further assistance. Live Nationís main office may be reached at:

Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.
    9348 Civic Center Dr
    Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Sincerely,
    Julian
    Live Nation Customer Care
    Thanks for nothing.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by shuvee
    I suspect that they aren't compensated (yet?)
    If the click is generated on TM and the traffic is being redirected to LN, there is no way for you to be compensated unless Buy.at is managing both programs and have an script to capture traffic bouncing between those sites.

Back in the good ol days, it would be the same thing like Dell Home and Dell Small Business. You can purchase from both sites. One is on CJ and one is on LS. If you click off LS link and checkout on the site that uses CJ.. it's tough luck there.

All the best

Affiliate Network Rep
    Lots of questions here so I am going to do my best to answer them as effectively as possible.

Live Nation and TM continue to be separate companies, they are going through a great deal of legal mitigation to get together.

At present, neither TM nor Live Nation have come to me to take over the LN affiliate program.

I am working with TM now to gain a better understanding of how they wish to work with Live Nation in the future.

More to come, sorry for the delayed response here, our team was slammed at ASE but that is def not a good reason for a delayed response.

c3

Affiliate Network Rep
    Just got the feedback I needed from TM

TM is working with LN to finalize a pixel placement on the LN site...so what does that mean?

As of next week (fingers crossed) anytime you are traffic'ed from TM to LN and a sale occurs you will be paid.

c3

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie.Calabrese
    Just got the feedback I needed from TM

TM is working with LN to finalize a pixel placement on the LN site...so what does that mean?

As of next week (fingers crossed) anytime you are traffic'ed from TM to LN and a sale occurs you will be paid.

c3
    That's great news! Do you happen to know anything about LiveNation's plans for their own affiliate program? They've had a "coming soon" page for quite some time, but no one over there seems to know what anything.

Thanks!

Affiliate Network Rep
    I am not privy to conversations with LN, but if i had to guess, they put it on hold until they got through the legal stuff with TM.

c3

Just an update on this.. Live Nation has quietly launched their own affiliate program on CJ, but it's damn near impossible to get approved!

I've spent 3+ weeks trying to get approved, but no one appears to be actively managing their program on there. A few e-mails via CJ's mail system finally got me a response, though not the one I was expecting:

We currently are not working with ticket brokers or sites that are affiliated with ticket brokers, ticket presale codes, etc. If that policy changes in the future, we will reconsider your application.
    Their issue is that a few of my sites have advertisements from ticket brokers. I guess they don't want/need my traffic.

11. Newsletter Signup