Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    15 years and counting
    Announcing Google Affiliate Network payments through Google AdSense
    You must link to an approved AdSense account in order to receive payments for earnings. Starting on August 13, 2009...
    I don't have an AdSense account. I DON'T WANT a crappy AdSense account.
    AdSense is not Afiiliate Marketing. Damned idiots!

ABW Ambassador
    Can you post the whole thing, haven't gotten it yet.

It would be ok if it was an option to get paid like that but if it's more of this is the only way you'll get paid, then that would be stupid. You're supposed to move forward, improve, add options, not the other way around.

15 years and counting
    Google Affiliate Network publisher payments will soon be made through Google AdSense accounts. AdSense will offer you a wider range of payment options, improved ways to manage payment information, and consolidated payments from Google (if you're working with other Google products).

You must link to an approved AdSense account in order to receive payments for earnings. Starting on August 13, 2009, if you're the primary user of your publisher account, you'll see an account notification asking you to create a Google AdSense account or link to an existing Google AdSense account. (If you aren't the primary user, you won't see the account notification.)

You must link your accounts before midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on September 21st, 2009 to receive payments through Google AdSense for July and August 2009 earnings (depending on relevant advertiser payment terms). Please create or link an AdSense account as soon as possible to avoid delays in your Google Affiliate Network payments.

Earnings prior to July 2009 will be made through the existing Google Affiliate Network payment system.

Detailed instructions will be sent to you via email on August 13, 2009 to assist in the account linking and creation process.

Sincerely,

Google Affiliate Network Publisher Support Team
    I don't mind as an option either. To force their affiliates to use Adsense is something else.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I just got the email. I hope to get the set up instructions soon. I really enjoy getting direct deposit through adsense.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I don't know how I feel about this...I stopped using Adsense this year for another PPC supplier. Guess now instead of a minimum payment threshold of $50 it will become Adsense's $100?

Heck, I'm still using my old Performics login Why change anything now!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

15 years and counting
    I don't do PPC, I don't use AdSense or AdWords but I'll be worried like hell if my income was depending of PPC.
    Google has now the power to connect how much you spend on PPC and how much you make on commission. Do no Evil! My ass!

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    I hope to get the set up instructions soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by GAN
    Detailed instructions will be sent to you via email on August 13, 2009 to assist in the account linking and creation process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I don't have an AdSense account. I DON'T WANT a crappy AdSense account.
    Looks like they don't want affiliates in GAN that are not open to AdSense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Google has now the power to connect how much you spend on PPC and how much you make on commission. Do no Evil! My ass!
    AdWords would be how much you spend on PPC -
    AdSense would be how much you make on PPC -

Google ramming Adsesne down our throats?
    I received the email from GAN today!

"Google Affiliate Network publisher payments will soon be made through Google AdSense accounts. AdSense will offer you a wider range of payment options, improved ways to manage payment information, and consolidated payments from Google (if you're working with other Google products).

You must link to an approved AdSense account in order to receive payments for earnings. Starting on August 13, 2009, if you're the primary user of your publisher account, you'll see an account notification asking you to create a Google AdSense account or link to an existing Google AdSense account. (If you aren't the primary user, you won't see the account notification.)

You must link your accounts before midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on September 21st, 2009 to receive payments through Google AdSense for July and August 2009 earnings (depending on relevant advertiser payment terms). Please create or link an AdSense account as soon as possible to avoid delays in your Google Affiliate Network payments.

Earnings prior to July 2009 will be made through the existing Google Affiliate Network payment system.

Sincerely,

Google Affiliate Network Publisher Support Tea"

So are they really forcing affiliates to create an AdCRAP account?

This is an idiotic idea.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Not an AdSense fan???

AdSence pays the bills in my world.

Payments, especially direct deposit, have been on time and without a single issue for my sites for since their implementation many years ago.

This is probably a good thing.

Google will be Google and try to hijack the world, but you have the option of opting out of their services and taking advantage of being paid through a program that is tested and the cash hits the bank like clock-work...

My Thoughts!

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Haha that's good, my GAN earnings should push me over the $100 payment threshold! I've been sitting with $91 in my adsense account for a year since I pulled the ads.
    Your Ad Here.

Hi,
    I will admit one mistake I made in my first year of affilaite marketing. I was new to the game and use an autohits program to drive traffic.

The light bulb went off and I contacted Adsense for clarification of the use of autohit sites. They removed me from their program and have blacklisted me ever since, even after I've tried to explain my poor judgement and apologized for it.

If it wasn't for me asking for clarification and bringing it to their attention then they probably would have bever known.

So now I'm blacklisted (for 3 1/2 years) and can't get an account, so do I have to drop all my GAN programs?

Quote Originally Posted by affninja
    Haha that's good, my GAN earnings should push me over the $100 payment threshold! I've been sitting with $91 in my adsense account for a year since I pulled the ads.
    I have a balance of $73.56 in AdSense since I turned them off - guess it would be nice to get that...

Admin Note: Merged threads

Tax Paying Member
    Guess that I will be an outcast...............When I try to signup for adsense, I am told that I have an account already........When I try to login to "my already account", I get a message that I do not have and account......and would you like to create an account..........

Then it goes round and round again...................No one at Google seems to give a flip.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

http and a telephoto
    I see all kinds of bad things coming from this move. GAN and Adsense are totally different animals and to require people to be in both is borderline insane. As already noted above, there are a LOT of people that will be adversely affected by this.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    Guess that I will be an outcast...............When I try to signup for adsense, I am told that I have an account already........When I try to login to "my already account", I get a message that I do not have and account......and would you like to create an account..........

Then it goes round and round again...................No one at Google seems to give a flip.

I have the some issue and there is zero customer service from Google. I am rooting for Bing big time. Of course, I need to use google and google products, but I absolutely cannot stand the lack of live customer service or any customer service for that matter in case of problems. You are just stuck. It makes a person bitter and then motivated against them. GO BING.COM.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by bibby
    So now I'm blacklisted (for 3 1/2 years) and can't get an account, so do I have to drop all my GAN programs?
    According to that email, you just won't get paid anymore, so pretty much. Earlier this year they had that deal where they wanted you to update your affiliate network account to a Google Account - http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=115974

They're always wanting to combine everything and forcing it down peoples throats. I get paid just fine the way it is now. I always find it amazing how inept a lot of networks are when it comes to things like customer service. It's so very easy, just listen to your customers, affiliates and merchants. This is something they want to do. Like I said, making it an option to get paid, that's fine, some affiliates might prefer it. Making it mandatory, whoever came up with that idea, should be fired. Wonder if they hired all the CJ link initiative people to work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RSnapper
    Of course, I need to use google and google products, but I absolutely cannot stand the lack of live customer service or any customer service for that matter in case of problems
    Sorrry you had bad luck, but I'll have to say just the opposite. For AdWords and GAN I have even been able to make fairly easy phone or email contact and I'm a small fry. It may not be that way today, but in the past that's been my experience.

If I had a problem getting on with Adsense I would be getting with Jamie or someone at GAN and see if there are some options that hadn't been advertised.

I was part of a beta test for the linking of the adsense account. The information they sent me about the linking is marked confidential. I can say that my last payment from GAN was dated 6/30 and I believe that my payment that should have come 7/30 will now come 8/30 via Adsense. Argh.

This seems very wrong from an accounting standpoint. Aren't they two separate entities and should have their own separate accts?

Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    Wonder how they feel about affiliates that have Adsense but don't promote GAN? Do I get penalized by promoting other networks instead?
    I haven't done much with GAN, hate their interface, and last time I checked the balance was $0. Time to login and get rid of some cobwebs

For those who try to register/logon to Adsense and get caught in the continuous loop, that seem to be a common problem. So you're not the only one, I have seen that complaint before. Happened to me once when the ungodly G made me combine my G accts, ...forgot what fixed it but try refreshing and clearing cache.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by John Powell
    If that's the message they are trying to deliver to their affiliates, they are completely out of their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    If that's the message they are trying to deliver to their affiliates, they are completely out of their mind.
    I agree.

I have no intention of using Adsense.
    I enjoy receiving a check in the mail
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

personally - as a outside of the US publisher, the combination of different payments into one single one is a great advantage

reaching higher thresholds earlier and avoiding insane "international check deposit" fees (ie. on a 37 eur deposit, i had to pay 17 in fixed expenses). the less the checks, the less the fees

and what's the big deal anyway? just apply to adsense, never use it, and live happy !

(by the way, did you ever have the feeling your GAN sales are not tracked?)

Quote Originally Posted by CathyM
    I was part of a beta test for the linking of the adsense account. The information they sent me about the linking is marked confidential. I can say that my last payment from GAN was dated 6/30 and I believe that my payment that should have come 7/30 will now come 8/30 via Adsense. Argh.
    That's my only concern, too, and the reason I refused to participate with the Beta when they invited me. Performics paid twice a month. AdSense pays once a month. Unless they require merchants to pay in advance, there's no way this can result in faster payments.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast