Hey anyone have experience with:

http://www.accuwebhosting.com

or

http://www.hostdepartment.com

I am looking for Linux hosting and can't decide between the 2. Any thoughts?

Ian

Internet Marketing Strategist

OUCH!

they both seem expensive...

I would recommend lightningservers.net...

as long as you are not wanting to run cditty's
    ,cheese or candlepeople scripts...

I had trouble getting them to work... other wise i have had no problem....

I have been using pluginspace.com for my datafeed websites... there basic reseller program was enough to run 6 or 7 datafeeds...

and It only costs $10 per month. CS is a little sporatic.. but they do respond within 24 hours.

I have just found a new hosting company in england... but it's to new for me to recommend..
    sent me a PM if you want more info...

I really want to make the jump to a dedicated server... just dont know if i have the technical knowledge that is needed...

Joe

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the web hosting options. But what did you mean by expensive? Both of those were $4 and $6 / month.

I will definitely check out the 2nd company, thanks!

Ian

Internet Marketing Strategist

I don't understand why folks are skimping on the parts of the biz that keep things chugging... Get a dedicated at a quality place and host as many sites as you want IMHO...

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    Easy for Akiva, Daddy Big Bucks, to pay for dedicatd servers

I use httpme.com, $35-$75 per month, host many domains, lots of space and bandwidth and great support (email only)

I second Akiva if you can do it. Hosting is the foundation of your business. Spend a few bucks more for good service. When I first started out I used a cheap hosing company and it took 2 to 4 days to get a reply to a question of any sort. I like to see response time if you had a problem paying only $6-$7 a month.

I use THMedia and have found them to have a great response/action time to any question.

Thanks,
    Doug

Bye!

Check out Credible Host. Great prices and support. Very reliable. I use them.

I’d second httpme. I’ve been using them for about 6 months and am very happy with them. I’ve had a little downtime with them (as is to be expected from time to time), but unlike my last host, they are very good at notifying me of what’s happening and getting it straightened out fast.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

ABW Ambassador
    Here's a third (or is it fourth?) for httpme.

You get a lot of bang for the buck, and they're tops so far as reliability, service, and uptime go.

Starting at $35 a month may elicit a flinch if you are new to the game, but do the math; the daily cost is less than what a cup of coffee goes for these days.

------------------------------
    Get Rich or Try Dyin' ~ Fy Dolla
    Got a beef? Call the Chief! 1-900-CHIEFBS

There is also something to be said for hosting simple websites at different hosting companies. Risk management, spreading out the risk of server/network failure. Chances are that websites scattered over a few cheap hosting companies will not all be down at the same time...which is what would happen if your dedicated server were to go down. But, there is also something to be said for simplicity of dealing with one webhost/server.

Have a good day,

GrainFarmer

I use Thmedia with 100% uptime and great service.
    Thinking I should spread some sites around, and to see whether it will have any effect on the SE's, I signed on with another host for a mini site.

So far, it taken about 6 hours to get my cc approved, now password doesn't work, 2 emails later I'm still waiting to upload a new site

Have I been spoiled by great service or is the norm!

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    I generally have sites spread over a number of different hosts from the Risk Management point of view but also to create degrees of seperation. For commercial sites I would be wary or placing all my eggs in one basket. For non commercial sites however there may be justafiable reasons for hosting on one server, such as givig all related sites access to a central database.

Of all the hosts I have used, even though there may have been delays in responding to support requests, amazingly none have experienced any form of delay in charging my cc - strange about that. (mousejockey, I would be looking around for an alternative.)

Before I use a new host I always email them with a question to guage their response time. Those who do reply quickly have a greater chance of getting my business than those who respond slowly. Of course, those who do not respond at all ...

Woz

dWoz - serious webmaster resources.

Woz, still no reply to my emails, that's enough for me.
    Cancelling account with them.

I had great experience with TH Media -- great support, 100% uptime -- but switched to HTTPme for their multi-domain hosting feature.

I've had 4 domains on HTTPme for 3-4 months now, with no problems.

I would agree that hosting is not the place you want to skimp on. Spend as much as you can to get a quality host. Even better, and I think somebody already recommended this, is to get several high quality hosts to host your site(s) on, just in case.

------------
    Nothing here...maybe...later

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread