Exclamation Careful using Twitter today
    If you dont have to be / use twitter .. I wouldnt even try to access the site today at all -

Theres a huge campaign of so called "Hackers" doing DOS attacks -

I dont buy what MSM tells me .. so I shoot to the assumption of Problem / Reaction / Solution

-anyways ur browser will freeze up if u try to get on twitter
    -also if its really a big hacking attempt - they may insert some bad mama jama code ..
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    Yeah I can't even the fail whale still

WOW!
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

15 years and counting
    UPDATE: Twitter is now back up and running. http://status.twitter.com/
    Twitter Outage
    Hacker attack shuts down Twitter

NEW YORK (AP) - A hacker attack shut down Twitter on Thursday morning, and Facebook also said it was "looking into" possible site problems.

Twitter said in its status blog Thursday that it was "defending against a denial-of-service attack," in which hackers command scores of computers to a single site at the same time, preventing legitimate traffic from getting through.

For users of the fast-growing messaging service, the outage means no tweeting about lunch plans, the weather or the fact that Twitter is down.

Facebook also seemed to be experiencing problems, at least intermittently. Facebook spokeswoman Brandee Barker said the company was looking into it and would have an update "as soon as possible."

The Twitter outage began at about 9 a.m. EDT, said Ken Godskind, chief strategy officer at Web performance monitoring company AlertSite. The site still had access problems late morning.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    If you dont have to be / use twitter .. I wouldnt even try to access the site today at all -

Theres a huge campaign of so called "Hackers" doing DOS attacks -

I dont buy what MSM tells me .. so I shoot to the assumption of Problem / Reaction / Solution

-anyways ur browser will freeze up if u try to get on twitter
    -also if its really a big hacking attempt - they may insert some bad mama jama code ..
    Someone's a wee bit paranoid today...

My browser wasn't freezing up with twitter when it came back up, and "hackers" can't insert malicious code into a site during a DDOS, since the point of a DDOS is to stop people from getting to a site, and not to infect computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Someone's a wee bit paranoid today...

My browser wasn't freezing up with twitter when it came back up, and "hackers" can't insert malicious code into a site during a DDOS, since the point of a DDOS is to stop people from getting to a site, and not to infect computers.
    During a DOS ATTACK ur browser will hang / freeze up for sure if your trying to access / load up the site / page

And if this site was a target .. to which it was .. I can only assume the worse -

Given the fact there was another break in Twitter security / getting hacked / stolen docs a week or so ago too .......

How would you know if they didnt do something to the site before or after they stop the BOT DOS Attacks?

~~~
    ABC's of Problem, Reaction, Solution - as noted before.
    OpA! Giasou Ti kanies!

I wonder what else the hackers got up to at Twitter
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Magi
    During a DOS ATTACK ur browser will hang / freeze up for sure if your trying to access / load up the site / page

And if this site was a target .. to which it was .. I can only assume the worse -

Given the fact there was another break in Twitter security / getting hacked / stolen docs a week or so ago too .......

How would you know if they didnt do something to the site before or after they stop the BOT DOS Attacks?

~~~
    ABC's of Problem, Reaction, Solution - as noted before.
    A denial of Service attack (DOS) does not interfere with your connection when you attempt to access a site that is being attacked. The point of the attack is to overload their servers so that you can't access the site.

If they wanted to inject some sort of code onto your system they wouldn't do a DOS because they would want you to access the site.

As someone said above, you were a bit paranoid.

What was Twitter?

who knows?

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    I wonder how much time these hackers spend on crashing systems. What do they get out of it other than the evil glee of debauchery?

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread