Fellow affiliates I need some help. Im just now getting started, and Im trying to find out about a domain name. Is getting a domain like haveing a web sight can I get some help.

First you have to buy a domain name. It is not a website. You just own a domain name and nothing else.

A good place to buy the domain name is godaddy. com.

Next you need to get some software that will build websites. I use MicroSoft Expression Web 2. You can find it at Amazon. com. You can also find it at Home Depot if you have one where you live.

After you build the website in your computer you need to get a server to host it on. A good place to host your site is hostgator. com. A good plan there is the baby plan.

After you get your server use the program in your computer that you used to build the website to load it to your server at HostGator.

Once you load the website to the server - then you are on the internet and people can go to and see your website.

make sure your domain name one can remember easily. welcome.

I personally like using Dreamweaver CS4 to make my sites. I used GoDaddy to buy one of my domain names and I use Netfirms to host this website/domain.

I do have a question also though. What is the difference between all of the different hosting services available? Is it all just preference or what?
    Last edited by Greg Rice; August 12th, 2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Removed link

Quote Originally Posted by henzel
    Fellow affiliates I need some help. Im just now getting started, and Im trying to find out about a domain name. Is getting a domain like haveing a web sight can I get some help.
    If you're completely new to the web you may want to either get some professional help or use easier site builder software.

For the time being the easiest option is probably going to be a one stop shop, such as:

http://www.godaddy.com

You can use them to get your domain name (whatever-you-want.com), your webhosting (a place to store your files that are served to the world via the net), a simple site builder with tons of templates, etc. Then just read read read.

Godaddy is far from my fav webhost if I had to choose a shared host, but easy enough for a beginner...

Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by weightxprt
    I do have a question also though. What is the difference between all of the different hosting services available? Is it all just preference or what?
    Shared Web Hosting...(Several hundred other clients on the same server...) Nothing....

Obviously, some provide a higher level of customer support. There are thousands of cPanel webhosts that literally provide the same exact product with a different face on it. You see some more than others because some have deeper pockets, better affiliate payouts, etc.

Dedicated Servers (Just you and your site/s on 1 machine)

Significantly more secure. You'll find more differences here.

Quote Originally Posted by weightxprt
    Just to let you know:

Reverse IP: 768 other sites hosted on this server.

That is the server you're on. That could create a problem, it could be nothing - depending on what you're using your shared hosting for.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread