ABW Ambassador
    NFL Season 2009/2010
    Preseason ready to start up. Hall of Fame game this Sunday on NBC, Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans at 8PM Eastern.

My super early pick for Superbowl - Patriots vs. Falcons

Falcons have a little tougher schedule this year. The coach can't run Turner like he did last year or he won't make it thru the season, need to give Norwood more carries. And looking forward to see how Ryan to Tony Gonzalez works out.

I have to like my Steelers again this year. I expect to run headlong into Tom Brady and company along the way though, and on any given Sunday......

I think the Dirty Birds are a nice NFC pick, assuming no sophomore jinx for Matt Ryan. Lot of tools on that team if they are all used correctly.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Way toooo early for picks. There will be at least two serious pre-season injuries that will have a major effect on the regular season.

But, as of now,

I like the Falcons, too, but I really don't see them getting there this year. Right now, I'd have to go with the Eagles in the bird conference (NFC), and this week's pick-up of Derrick Burgess by NE makes them an even more solid pick for the SB.

Also, re even more birds, in a slightly improved division, I see last year's SB Cardinals struggling to finish at .500.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Look for New England and the 49ers to play in the Super Bowl.

New England because they are the best of the best. If they don't lose any of their key players to injury, they should win just about everything.

The 49ers are a LONG SHOT, but the NFC is pretty much a cluster of so-so teams,
    with either mediocre defense or mediocre offense.

The Niners defense is going to be very good this year and the offense will be improved. They will get to the playoffs because it will not take much to win their division. It's not like the Rams, Seahawks and Cardinals are world beaters. I figure
    the Niners will be 5-1 against their division foes. They just need to win 4 other games
    to get into the playoffs as division champs ... and they could win 5 or 6 more given their soft schedule.

Detroit and the Rams should win a couple of more games than last year ... IF these
    games are big upsets against contenders, the Niners benefit.

The Steelers and the Giants figure to be in the hunt, but they play in a division that beats up on itself, so come playoff time, the odds are that neither team is healthy or at full strength. The rest of the NFC is pretty much playing for an 8-8 record.

Plus the odds on the 49ers to win their division, make the playoffs and Super Bowl are significantly better than chance. Chance being 3-1, 15-1 and 31 to 1 respectively.

Should be an interesting year.

I don't see New England making it to the show, I will go out of a really big limb and predict its the Bengals vs Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Think Chads in a contract year and Carson Palmer is healthy.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

I too am a huge Falcons fan and would love to see them take it all the way. Now that Peria Jerry has signed, the D-line is looking better already. Hopefully, he can be the run stuffer the Falcons need.

I'm headed to the Steelers game tomorrow, the Jets game on Friday, and the Giants game on Monday. Ah, the life of a sports blogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zander Chance
    I'm headed to the Steelers game tomorrow, the Jets game on Friday, and the Giants game on Monday. Ah, the life of a sports blogger.

You are a luck man Zander!!

I'm a Dolphins and Raiders fan... Yeah I know... But I think the Falcons have an excellent chance this year, Tony Gonzalez is still the man and now he has a QB. The puzzle pieces seem to all be there so lets just hope the team synergies are there as well.

ABW Ambassador
    Had the Hall of Fame Game last Sunday, Titans look good. I was just thinking what if they drafted Jay Cutler instead, that would have been quite a team, SB contenders.

Bumping this since Preseason starts tonight -

WAS at BAL 7:30 PM Eastern
    NE at PHI 7:30 PM Eastern
    ARI at PIT 8:00 PM Eastern
    DAL at OAK 10:00 PM Eastern

Let's hope none of the key players on our teams get hurt in these games that don't count.

Manager - Affiliate Marketing Patrick Vesperman's Avatar
    Football season is the best season of the year.
    Falcons will be good with a better offense and defense. Vikings will have the best defense in the NFL.
    My heart wants the Packers, but my brain says Steelers or Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Had the Hall of Fame Game last Sunday, Titans look good. I was just thinking what if they drafted Jay Cutler instead, that would have been quite a team, SB contenders.

Bumping this since Preseason starts tonight -

WAS at BAL 7:30 PM Eastern
    NE at PHI 7:30 PM Eastern
    ARI at PIT 8:00 PM Eastern
    DAL at OAK 10:00 PM Eastern

Let's hope none of the key players on our teams get hurt in these games that don't count.
    Good to see KC starting at QB for Tenn. though, But Vince will carry them in the long term.. Just needs to gain back some confidence.

As much as I hate to admit it being a Lions fans in Chicago, I think you guys are sleeping on the Bears so far. Cutler had pretty much a full off-season with them, signed Orlando Pace, getting Chris Williams back, Marinelli is back to doing what he does best (coaching D-Line) and word is that Urlacher has caught a second wind. Bears first pre-season game tomorrow...we'll see.

I think the Super Bowl is going to be:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs NEW YORK GIANTS

I think the Tom Brady and the Pats get their revenge.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    As much as I hate to admit it being a Lions fans in Chicago, I think you guys are sleeping on the Bears so far. Cutler had pretty much a full off-season with them, signed Orlando Pace, getting Chris Williams back, Marinelli is back to doing what he does best (coaching D-Line) and word is that Urlacher has caught a second wind. Bears first pre-season game tomorrow...we'll see.
    Watched the game last night against his old team, the Broncos, Cutler looked good out there. Orton got some gash in his finger on his throwing hand, so they're not sure if he'll be ready for the opener. Also, when Cutler was a senior at Vandy, his leading receiver was a freshman, that same guy is now also a receiver for the Bears. Bears might be looking good this year.

Hate to say it, but think my Broncos are going to be gawd-awful this year. Lion-esque.
    "systems" don't win, good players do.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simcat
    Hate to say it, but think my Broncos are going to be gawd-awful this year. Lion-esque.
    "gawd-awful" will still get them an easy second place finish behind SD in that horrible division.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

funny how things can end up being so different 2 months later.

I don't think anybody thought the Broncos would be where they are now

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread