ABW Ambassador
    My reports are showing reversed transaction amounts as being deducted from the total of other transaction amounts.

For example: If there is a reversed transaction for $10, and the total of all other commissions is $100, it is showing a balance of $90, though it should be still be $100, as a reversed transaction should count as $0.

All around the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel

Corrections are shown as seperate deductions. The original txn is still there so they cancel each other out.

+$10
    -$10
    = $0

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I understand that Todd, but what I am trying to say is thatit does not appear to be working that way.

For instance

+$10 original transaction
    -$10 reversal of transaction
    =$0.00
    +$100 of other transactions
    =$100 correct balance

But what I am getting is this:

$10 reversed transaction
    +$100 other transactions
    =$90

So in other words, the reversed transaction does not appear to be =$0.00, or the balance would be $100.

Or to put it more simply: When I add together all transactions EXCEPT reversed transactions, I am getting a higher figure than what is displayed in CJ interface, because a reversed transaction, instead of being rendered nil, is debited only.

My reply didn't show - to try to make this simple, I'm guesing you are looking at this months transactions, but the corrections are actually for last months transactions. If you use the option in transaction report generator of "not corrected" you will see this month's transactions without last month's corrections. You can then check "corrected" with this month and you will see any transactions this month that were neutralized. Last, you can check "corrections" and you will see which of last month's transactions were reversed.

Hope that helps clarify things and not make it more confusing.

ABW Ambassador
    The method you outline does indeed produce a correct balance, but the transaction in question is a December sale that got reversed, and the reversal amount is reflected in my total balance.
    It was not credited in addition to being debited. It was only debited.

What I am getting is akin to this:

Let's say there are 5 transactions for $25 each, for a toal of $125. 1 of the transactions gets reversed. The balance is $75 instead of $100.

Sales are not being credited to my account. I show transactions for today but my balance hasn't changed. I hope this is just one of those reporting delays.

ABW Ambassador
    Does this new reporting mean if there is more than one item ordered, and one item is sent back/reversed, then we finally, NOW, get credit for the other items? COOL!!!!!! yay!

Big Chuck

Big Chuck,

quote:
    Does this new reporting mean if there is more than one item ordered, and one item is sent back/reversed, then we finally, NOW, get credit for the other items? COOL!!!!!! yay!

Yes, partial corrections are now possible.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

The new way of reporting is better.
    A separate transaction for the reversal or adjustment is more accurate and more transparent, especially, if you download the transaction report as csv and work with that. That allows you to download the transaction data during the month and do something with it, because you know, that the previously downloaded stuff is still okay.

However, when you look at the reports online its a bit confusing (New, Accepted, Extended, Locked, Payout Transactions).
    You never know, what you commission you earned for sure and which not (summary).
    It would be nice to have the option to display in the quickstats:

Sum of Accepted Transactions = Not paid yet, but commssion for sure.

Sum of New Transaction = unclear

Sum of Extended Transactions = money you will not see until the next payout for sure

Carsten

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread