there once was a thread where someone was wondering which network to join and it had a chart showing all the fees each network charged. Does anyone know where that thread is? I couldn't find it in a search. If not do you know where i can get this information for a research paper?

Thanks

------------
    Jeff
    Associate Editor
    Ping! Zine
    www.pingzine.com

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know much about it, but I came across this page which has some info:

http://www.partnerindustry.com/solutionproviders.htm

are these the current prices? underneath it it says shareasale $200 even tho its now $150.

------------
    Jeff
    Associate Editor
    Ping! Zine
    www.pingzine.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have no idea, I found it in google (it wasn't hard), although shareasale is running a special deal at the moment I believe.

no those are outdated prices. just check the CJ pricing page to see some of the differences.

My goals for 2004

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Don't know how up to date this info is from Shawn's site and it does not have SAS on it.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net/aspcompare.shtml

Linda Buquet 714.754.1280 :: Catalyst eMarketing Promotion & PR (Partner Relations)
    <font color="#0000FF">5 Star Affiliate Programs</font> :: High Paying, Parasite-Free, Partner-Centered Merchants!

Linda's post looks about right to me and I looked at pricing about 6 months ago.

Beth

<html>
    <head>
    <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Palatino Linotype">
    <font color=#006666>
    <center> www.audible.com | 9% to 20% commissions!<HR color="99CC99">coupons | seven direct data feeds | bonuses for top partners | parasite-free<HR color="99CC99"> Beth Kirsch | bkirsch [at] audible.com | 1.973.837.2742 | join now/program details</center>

</font>
    </head>
    </html>

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    SAS is
    $150 Setup
    $50 minimum deposit
    20% transaction fee (20% of what is paid to affiliate, not of the sale)

Thanks,

-Brian Littleton
    -Owner/Operator Shareasale.com
    brian@shareasale.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sheesh, with prices like those at the 'big four', I can see why many merchants seemingly try to scr*w us out of as much money as possible. (Don't get me started)

As a small business, I'd go with shareasale, the less you pay to the network the more you can afford to pay to the affiliates, right?!

ABW Ambassador
    CJ's pricing seems pretty reasonable to me, seeing as they take care of the check cutting as well. Not as reasonable as SaS but I don't think they're gouging their clients. LinkShare on the other hand.......

Search Engine Marketing and Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

ABW Ambassador
    I can't see any value in Linkshare at all, I just cannot see what they have to offer for their pricing.

ABW Ambassador
    Nor can I, SamyT. I wonder if Chris from WSO might like to chime in here - he seems very keen on them for his clients.

So, why Linkshare, then, Chris ?

Kinda blows a hole in the networks "we don't get paid if you don't get paid" theory, doesn't it?

Looks to me like they're getting paid regardless!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Well, Linkshare and BeFree certainly are. The others - Performics doesn't really count as I believe that they offer a full SEM/Affiliate/Internet Marketing package to all clients - so $5K isn't that much. Unless that's just the price for the affiliate side of things.

CJ's pricing, as I said, is a good deal and ShareaSale are too damn cheap. Put your prices up, Brian.

Let me add a missing piece of information here.

CJ has a basic and a premium program. There basic program is really, really basic -- that is the pricing that is listed. It's really basic.

CJ premium program has a 3K monthly base. beFree (BF) has a new basic program and the pricing is that of CJ's basic program.

You get a lot more support with BF and LS than you do with the basic CJ program.

All three programs work when managed correctly. However, there are more linking and reporting options in BF and LS.

If you're driving signficant revenue though your affiliate channel, they all cost about the same.

30% of commissions in CJ equals about 2 to 3 percent of sales in BF and LS

Cheers,

Beth

<html>
    <head>
    <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Palatino Linotype">
    <font color=#006666>
    <center> www.audible.com | 9% to 20% commissions!<HR color="99CC99">coupons | seven direct data feeds | bonuses for top partners | parasite-free<HR color="99CC99"> Beth Kirsch | bkirsch [at] audible.com | 1.973.837.2742 | join now/program details</center>

</font>
    </head>
    </html>

Presently, the best bang for the buck is Shareasale. Good house, real fees, and a nice affiliate base. SaS is improving their reporting constantly and is definitely a player.

As Beth mentioned, the big four, once they offer a real backend get ridiculously expensive, CJ, BF, LS and our ever-loving PFX.

Just to reiterate, PFX is an affiliate competitor on google and many PPC's and now CJ, LS and BF? will be/have been offering similar offerings.

If I were to start up a program, today, ... I'd go SaS.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi markymark,

Why LinkShare, versus CJ, BF and PFX , couple of reasons

Best reporting of all the networks in my opinion.

Better back end support from the network team

Direct contact info with aff partners.

LS were the most helpful when we were looking to move Mondera in terms of demos, support and speed of support, PFX have yet to reply (only been 2 years)

Potentially the largest active affiliate base, but I have no proof of that being as I have no access to BeFree at present and limited access on CJ

Ease of support from our end, supporting one format of link type, not 4.

Plus clients WSO brings and manage get price breaks. I will add, to head of the yet to be asked question, no we do not get commission from LS for bringing them clients

At present we recommend SAS and LS to our clients

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1">Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body
    </font>

I believe that Linkshare has removed their exclusive policy? (not positive, though).

All these $$ facts are great, and all, but what about quantity and quality of the affiliates? I see Sharper Image posting online revs in double digit sales increases-- they are with Linkshare; American Express is another Linkshare merchant, their adds are EVERYWHERE-- Land's End, and Orbitz, Disney, Delta, Office Depot, Office Max, Overstock, Macy's, Buy.com... These are ALL Linkshare merchants..

There are very few name brand mercants in BeFree, Commission Junction, ShareSale, Performic to compare (maybe CJ/BF with eBay-- but that's it)

How many affiliates do these providers have, and what is the quality level?

Is this a 90/10 (90% of the program is driven by 10% of the affiliates?) or 98/2, better or worse?

What % of their affilates drive sales?

"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
    - Yogi Berra

BeFree has quite a few huge brands, too: Barnes & Noble, Ace Hardware, Bass Pro, BMG, British Airways, Compaq, Dell Business, Expedia.com, Gateway, Home Shopping Network, Hammacher Schlemmer, priceline.com, Radio Shack, Staples, Best Buy, Circuit City, Travelocity, etc.

CJ also has some huge brands: Nutrisystem, Half.com, eBay, New York Times, 1-800-Contacts.com, Weight Watchers, CompUSA, Safeway, etc.

Performics has many large catalog merchants.

I'm not saying that these merchants perform well--many of them don't. I'm just pointing out that BeFree and Performics have a bunch of large merchants and CJ also has some.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N-Affiliate:
    Is this a 90/10 (90% of the program is driven by 10% of the affiliates?) or 98/2, better or worse?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I would say it's probalby 98/2.

If you look at a typical affiliate program, they may have 10,000 affiliates signed up.

Probably less than 1,000 have ever generated a sale.

Probably less than 100 regularly get checks.

I'm sure it varies from program to program, but I bet this isn't very far from reality for most programs.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread