good start for new affiliate?
    i have had a website up for a year or so but never really did anything with it. Lately I had retooled it completly and am taking it more seriously now. I use a few different sites, CJ and maxbounty and adsense for revenue and using adwords to advertise the site. I have had it up for 3 days and have made $12.15, 3.85 and 5.88 profit each day respectivally. How is that for a 1st day of advertising? I know it is not much but it is exciting when I see a new lead show up! I check my stats about 500 times a day

what does everyone think of this? should I be doing better or is it not too bad for a newbie?

ABW Ambassador
    A common approach to www marketing.
    PPC+arbitrage

ADDED
    http://profectio.com/google-catches-...nd-clamps-down
    Last edited by Merchant Consultant Team; August 8th, 2009 at 07:07 PM.

im confused why I shouldnt pay to advertise my site and then if someone comes to my site and clicks on an adsense ad.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy
    I have had it up for 3 days and have made $12.15, 3.85 and 5.88 profit each day respectivally. How is that for a 1st day of advertising?
    I think that's very good.
    I suggest you build upon your success (especially if you check your stats often -- you must have some type of feel for who is visiting your sites and what parts of your site[s] are of interest).
    Improve the portions of interest and expand.
    Try to provide value and people will come
    Build sites for people not for engines.

I believe in organic methods of ranking in the search engines -- "Organic SEO" can be slow but a base can be built. Some people believe that PPC can jumpstart a webmaster's traffic: it can but there is an expense and people who are new to the method may loose money in PPC.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

well I have been at it for just about 2 weeks now. I increased my budget to $20 a day and have seen better profits. only lost money on 2 days total so far. Im still getting most of my traffic from ppc but I am getting about 6-10% return visitor per day. I read a lot of people seem to lose money being new and trying PPC. I am not making much but I am in the black so no matter what I make I think Im doing ok. Im not relying on this money for anything, so it wouldnt be the end of the world if I dont make a huge profit fast. Below are my profit/loss each day for the last week.
    $12.15
    $3.85
    $6.00
    $6.66
    -$0.56
    -$3.30
    $8.99
    $9.12
    $27.96
    $15.04
    $5.34
    $32.82
    $18.46
    $4.09

How do these numbers look for a $20 a day budget? i know that is pretty open ended and it truly depends on my site I guess. Just looking for opinions.

Looks good to me!

I'd be curious to know more details about your site. Is it a content site or just ads? It's been two months since you posted this. How's it running now?

actually ive been doing pretty good, I am averaging about $50 per day with a top high of $145 and 3 or 4 days over $100. Im trying to continue my growth with changing the home page here and there and seeing what works well for my traffic.

Chewy, you mentioned you were using CJ, MaxBounty and AdSense to make money... Of that $50/day, approximately what is coming from CJ, what's coming from MaxBounty and what's coming from AdSense? Is it just a basic, one page site with all of those programs on the landing page?

CJ ~ 10%
    adsense ~ 30%
    other 60%

it has multiple pages but the majority come from the main page

Chewy i am new guy in this business as well what nich site would you recommend to get in to.

sorry if i am asking inappropriate question

like a lot of people say find something you are interested in and find something that doesnt have a lot of competition. I found a good keyword that doesnt have a lot of competition and is relatively cheap.

i have no idea were to start

by saying that what i mean is i am not a coder or designer, i have some knowledge in ad word and article marketing,

1.fore example do i need to have website to become affiliate,

replicate and expand your winning formula and there is no limit as to how big you can take that. i was at a conference here Tuesday in SF and there was an affiliate there that is now buying millions of dollars of cpm and ppc placements after starting in 2007 making $10/day while in college. once something works, multiply it.

hey chewy I read your thread, how is your site coming along?

In my eyes this is phenomenal success.

All the best to you.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread