$500.00 per day
    Soo after networking with a few people at my local bar, I met a guy who is an affialiate over at Advaliant. He says he is making $500 a day on a campaign which he is running trough his adwords PPC account. There is a keyword restriction, and he claims he has been using that keyword yet there has been no problems. Can anyone help or explain this to me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tozan1
    Can anyone help or explain this to me? Thanks
    No problem, glad to help.

You see in about a month or two, you'll see your new friend posting on every affiliate forum and blog about how advaliant owes him $60,000 but they won't pay him and now they have closed his account and they ripped him off. (want won't be posted is the story he told you at the bar, about his violation of merchant terms).
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    You see in about a month or two, you'll see your new friend posting on every affiliate forum and blog about how advaliant owes him $60,000 but they won't pay him and now they have closed his account and they ripped him off. (want won't be posted is the story he told you at the bar, about his violation of merchant terms).

Seriously though, knight hit the nail on the head. Regulars here see this all the time.

why is this even in the dieting/getting healthy forum?
    Can I get a moderator...
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guinness618
    why is this even in the dieting/getting healthy forum?
    Can I get a moderator...
    I think it must have been part of his beer diet when discussing this at the bar.

I think it must have been part of his beer diet when discussing this at the bar.
    LOL

Ahh I see. So I told him what you told me, and asked why he was taking chances with bidding on restricted keywords. He said that he would be pausing his campaign after $1000 profit, and also included that Aff. networks don't check what keywords the affiliate used. Thanks for your help.

If he's
    pausing his campaign after $1000 profit
    and was making $500 a day he must be done already, right? Or it was income, not profit that he was bragging about?

The only good stories that begin with "soon after networking with a few people at my local bar" are the ones told by old stand-up comedians. People telling you about making lots of money with no risk and little or no work...When was I that innocent?
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Quote Originally Posted by TerriFalcone
    People telling you about making lots of money with no risk and little or no work...When was I that innocent?
    Everything before 2004 was just that - little or no work/ Just why was I that lazy back then :-/

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tozan1
    Ahh I see. So I told him what you told me, and asked why he was taking chances with bidding on restricted keywords. He said that he would be pausing his campaign after $1000 profit, and also included that Aff. networks don't check what keywords the affiliate used. Thanks for your help.
    Doing the math, he ran his campaign two days. $500 + $500 = $1000.
    I think this friend is not being straightforward.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread