Affiliate challenge with friends
    Me and two of my friends at work are having an affiliate challenge. We have 1 month to see who can get the highest earnings per click. The two losers will have to do something extremely embarrassing on film and put it on youtube. We are five days in and both of them are beating me. My blog is about affiliate marketing but I made the stupid choice of having ******* in the domain name. It's preventing my adsense from showing any good ads so I've had to go with alternatives like bidvertiser. One of their niches is webmasters and has 2 good posts relating to web development. The other is doing health and workout blog and is in 2nd place. My blog has about 5 posts and 2 are on researching niches. Have any of you guys done challenges like this with your friends? Also, do you have any tips so I can beat these guys? If I win, what should I make them do?

ABW Ambassador
    "My blog is about affiliate marketing but I made the stupid choice of having ******* in the domain name."

Why don't you fix that first and get a decent name.

Once we chose domains it is final. What I was thinking of was getting the domain with ahole instead of *******. But I don't want to get duplicate content penalized.

SEO: A Specialty - Web Design: Slow or outsourced andbeyond's Avatar
    The Call is coming from Inside the House!
    Is this domain's idea like Rich Kerk but worse? Nice idea. Bad Implementation.

Why waste your time. You have already lost.

What does it matter about duplicate content if you probably won't even rank on the SERPs for your niche.

So don't even try, you could spend your time better elsewhere, like looking for a new domain name.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Based on the content of your three posts, how can you possibly justify this statement on your home page:

Who am I you ask? I am an extremely successful affiliate marketer. I make more in a day than you make in a month. I make money 24 hours a day. I sleep and make money.
    Who are you trying to fool, the visitors to your site, or us?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Your site has virtually nothing of any value. So why should you make anything from it?

Get to work, do some serious research, and create something of real value. Then the traffic and money will appear.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

affiliatehole, obviously you have the wrong idea about affiliate marketing. Funny thing is, your definition isn't totally accurate, but not it's not bad...

What is affiliate marketing?

Posted on 06 August 2009 by Affiliate *******

Affiliate marketing is a form of marketing where a business agrees to pay a third party a commission for any sales generated through them. Affiliate marketing is mainly done online, although off line marketing methods can be used to drive traffic to affiliate marketing web sites.
    ...right up until the point where you start to lie about what you can provide:

Sign up for updates or for my feed to get the latest tutorials and news that will make you rich.
    It's obvious that you can't make anyone rich, hell you haven't made a penny at it yourself.

Affiliate marketing isn't about lying and scams and trying to trick your visitors into buying something from you. It's about providing real value to merchants in the form of motivated buyers and by providing your site visitors with real information to aid them in making an informed purchasing decision. When others talk about affiliates being liars, thieves and cheats, you're who they're talking about. And frankly, you're not very good at it.

Concede the challenge to your friends and spend the next 30 days building something of value. Avoid the get rich crap, find a niche with real products or services that actually do have some value. Provide an HONEST assessment of the products or services and find a unique way to present them to your sites visitors and then you may start to see some success.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

This thread shows what I really love about ABW!

Generate more fake news.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Virus/Crapware Warning!
    I believe this guy is pushing crapware via his contextual links. On one link I got the message below. See http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagn....com/&hl=en-us So now you know how he makes his money.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Merchant & ABW Ambassador

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread