Dang google!

They googled me but did not pick up my Meta tags.. The descriptions simply SUCK.

Anyone have any tips on how best to work this? And is anyone else having issues?

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

[This message was edited by SandraR on March 08, 2004 at 09:44 PM.]

SandraR If I'm not mistaken google does not read meta tags, or they used to not..so meta tags do not matter for google, however it doesn't hurt to have them. I could be wrong anyone else?

<a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">Merchants help stop Parasiteware<a>

<font size="2">All Parasiteware, site copiers, spammers, hijackers are scumbags, and should be
    sued for their actions.. <font size="2">be careful you could be the next innocent victim.

Sandra, Google displays the text containing the search keywords as the description...

Akiva Bergstrom, Affiliate Partner Manager
    Email: akiva@affsolutions.com | AIM: akivabergs | ICQ: 240820068

<FONT SIZE=1> M A N A G E D P R O G R A M S

<FONT SIZE=1>> EssentialApparel.com - CJ/7.5% to 8.5%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> SportsFanfare.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FunToCollect.com - CJ/11%/120 days Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> FragranceWholesale.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <
    <FONT SIZE=1>> PetCareCentral.com - CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free - > Join now! <

Thanks - have to change it for the next Google dance!

<font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

Action Jackson - King of the World
    actually they use the meta descriptions tag but not the keywords tag

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

Yes, Meta Description is what google reflects for my search results.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

They completely missed my tags, so I placed them in my TITLE.

Will let you know if that works better.

Sandra,

I could be wrong but if it's a new listing, I think they will list the description after a couple days or so. Either way I believe the description shows up sooner or later but not always at first.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

I think DaPackster's right, if it's a new listing... I've got a few showing like that... how many pages does allinurl:www.yoursite.com show... mine only show 1 page so I'm assuming will all be ok when google comes back to pick up the rest later

Wonderful - will have to wait and see!

Google has many techniques in getting the banners/ads.

Out of my experience, Google picks a category underwhich your site best fits. It serves ads from that category whenever it is unable to serve good ads. If you still believe that you are getting default ads, that means that your site falls under many categories that the spider was tired to put you in.

And yes, The visible content of the page, meta descriptions (keywords and desc,) and the title play a very important role.

A bit of work for your pages gives good results.

Vijaya Kittu,

The post had nothing to do with google ads. Its concerning Meta Tags ONLY.

Google picked up a new site and it did not have a description, even though I placed one in the Meta tags.

To fix this I added my description to the title in the hope it will fix this problem.

Thank you for your input

ABW Ambassador
    Yes google uses an excerpt(s) from the page that contains the keywords once the page has been indexed. However when the page is first indexed in my experience Google can choose to list information from several sources. The most common one I have seen is the Alt tag from the first Image.

So what I do is put my site description as I want it to appear in google into the alt tag of the first image on the page that happens to be my logo.

This works 9 times out of 10

(SHH! dont tell anyone this trick or they will all start doing it!)

DPG

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread