ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo, MSN Webmaster Tools
    Jumping off the other thread about Google Webmaster Tools, where right now it's about 74% using them (didn't know it would be that high), was wondering if anybody used the ones from Yahoo and MSN to get their sites authenticated and other stuff? Just for kicks, tried both of them where one of the ways was uploading a key/authentication meta tag to the index page, which I did for both and -

Yahoo went from New to Authenticated so I guess that went right, too early for any other information I guess.

For MSN, did the same by uploading the meta tag and it looks good. They have some kind of Domain Score and Page Score and my Domain got the highest a 5 so if they start sending traffic, that would be even better

So I'm wondering if I've been missing out with using these kind of things, Google Tools included. Any tips and tricks with these things, things to look out for etc.? The other way to authenticate besides the meta tag is a site map xml. I just have regular site map pages for my sites that I made on my own, not that so used the meta tag way. Think I got that wrong, I guess the other way is uploading some verification file to your site root.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know Yahoo & MSN have Webmaster Tools .

ABW Ambassador
    URLs just in case

Bing - http://www.bing.com/webmaster

Yahoo (called Site Explorer) - https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

Thanks, for the links. I have not tried them yet.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Google Tools included. Any tips and tricks with these things, things to look out for etc.? The other way to authenticate besides the meta tag is a site map xml.
    Google allows you to submit the sitemap.xml as the file they look for to find new pages, latest updates. Wordpress has a sitemap.xml generator plugin but it only updates WP pages and posts. Cusimano has a very good sitemap.xml generator for static html sites and there are other tools available to generate the xml sitemaps. You can use more than one sitemap.xml file (either in different directories or with different names) and point the way in your robot.txt files.
    I'm not familiar with Yahoo/MSN tools yet but will take a look, Thanks!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread