Advertising Questions
    I am new to this site and fairly new to a lot of the new technology and options available for advertising and marketing a product.

My question is this: What have you guys (Affiliate Marketers, particularly Vendors) found to be the best, most effective way to advertise.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks for your time, knowledge, and experience in answering this question.

Zach

You asked, what is "the best, most effective way to advertise."

Here are some similar questions:

- What is the best way to earn a living?

- What is the best way to finance a home purchase?

- What is the best strategy for hiring a new employee?

- Which hobby will be best for me?

- Where is the best place to live?

- Who should I marry?

All great questions, but all these questions are broad, sweeping, and vast. There is no reasonable way to answer your question.

Nobody can even offer intelligent advice without knowing much more about your specific situation. (Of course, some folks might respond by suggesting a single solution that might be helpful for accomplishing some goals.) And even if you did disclose much more specific information about your situation, your business, your goals, etc. -- you probably still won't get a very helpful answer.

Yeah, I know my question is broad, but I am interested in anyone and everyone's ideas
    I know my question was broad; that was the point. I am interested in hearing anyone's and everyone's ideas on what they personally like to do when it comes to advertising a product. Once again, I am open to any and all suggestions, tips, and advice.

Thanks

Zach

I don't know if my answer will be very helpful........ but some of the things I use are the social networks, my blogs, forums, articles written by me, and even some "snail mail" mail-outs.

katlupe

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weightxprt
    I know my question was broad; that was the point. I am interested in hearing anyone's and everyone's ideas on what they personally like to do when it comes to advertising a product. Once again, I am open to any and all suggestions, tips, and advice.

Thanks

Zach
    Just because I am bored.....

I guess that to answer this with some heart, I would have to ask a few questions..

Do you have some capital in your business to spend on site promotion?

Are you looking for things you can do for free that pay off with a lot of time and effort on your side?

Just free?

Do you have a product or a service?

Have you built landing pages for products or services that you have?

There are more, but if you are serious, answer those and I'll point you in the right direction.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Snail Mail?!
    Do you really use snail mail? What kind of subscription do you subscribe to or how do you get your mailing lists for this kind of advertisement?

What if you had Tracking?
    Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    You asked, what is "the best, most effective way to advertise."

Here are some similar questions:

- What is the best way to earn a living?

- What is the best way to finance a home purchase?

- What is the best strategy for hiring a new employee?

- Which hobby will be best for me?

- Where is the best place to live?

- Who should I marry?

All great questions, but all these questions are broad, sweeping, and vast. There is no reasonable way to answer your question.

Nobody can even offer intelligent advice without knowing much more about your specific situation. (Of course, some folks might respond by suggesting a single solution that might be helpful for accomplishing some goals.) And even if you did disclose much more specific information about your situation, your business, your goals, etc. -- you probably still won't get a very helpful answer.
    Mark, what if you could track all of your activities online. I don't just mean the stuff that Google Analytics offers or inserting your own tracking in to your hoplinks or whatever else either. I mean, if you could see that you had an average of 10 sales a month coming in from people clicking on your blog and then buying whatever you were selling, 12 people coming in from Google organic traffic, 5 coming in from Yahoo, and 20 from Facebook, or whatever, wouldn't it be safe to say that (In this Scenario), Facebook was your best form of "advertisement."
    I guess that is what I kind of meant when I asked this question. I want to know what form of advertisement is performing the best for your company. This is why I am so in to "tracking" lately.

What if it was possible to see that you spent 10 hours a week blogging but only two sales came from it. Then next week, maybe you just spend 5 hours and still get two sales. Anyway, I think you will get my drift. You could test out all of the different options for how you spend your time, especially if you do not have too many employees, and this way, you can make the most effective use of your time by advertising most extensively in those areas that produce you the most sales (not to be confused with JUST SIMPLY driving traffic to your website, btw). Anyway, I hope this is a bit clearer.

Thanks for asking for more details

More Specifications for RemodelingGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    Just because I am bored.....

Do you have some capital in your business to spend on site promotion?
    Yes. I could spend as much as you think I need to spend; although, if we are talking more than $20,000 usd I would really want some evidence before I spend.

Are you looking for things you can do for free that pay off with a lot of time and effort on your side?
    I have a lot of time to invest (about 8 hours a day on most days). I am willing to spend as well but what I am looking for most is how to create interest for a new product I am set to launch in the next month or so. So, to answer your question, yes, I do have a product. In a way, it will also function as a service too because we will be providing the server to host. I will go into further details when the launch date gets closer.

Have you built landing pages for products or services that you have?
    Yes, I have built some landing pages but your question is a good one. I mostly focus on creating review pages for my landing pages. In your opinion, are these the best option. If you wouldn't mind, what are some other alternatives and what could I do to make sure I am driving my traffic to the best possible landing page. Just to let you know, I sell mainly affiliate-related products and cater to the EXTREME novices of affiliate marketing (I mean the really, really new guys). However, this new product might be applicable to all sorts of levels of Affiliate Marketers/Vendors/etc.

Thanks for your questions. Now, i'll wait for your answers

Thanks again.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread