15 years and counting
    Termination Notification: igourmet.com
    Effective August 14, the igourmet.com affiliate program with the Google Affiliate Network will be ending due to non-payment. (Thanks for the 2 day notice)

igourmet was a very successful program at LinkShare. I remember getting big fat checks directly from the owners. Then, Pepperjam took over the affiliate management and opened the program at Pepperjamnetwork a few years later.
    LinkShare kicked them out of their network for breach of agreement. I don't think the traffic from Pepperjamnetwork was enough for igourmet and they started that program at GAN.
    I've never been thrilled by the tracking at LinkShare but switching my links to GAN never gave me the conversion I had at LS.
    igourmet seems to be doing well so what's going on? Are they not paying for lack of performance?

Seems to be doing well? Are you serious? I like that Pepperjam is quickly made a scapegoat. LOL! Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of PJ but this is alot deeper than a badly managed affiliate program.

Sorry not meaning to sound too aggressive.
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

I am sure that I recently (within the last 45 days) saw a listing on one of the sites (maybe flippa?) that sells websites for a large gourmet food business. The website itself was unidentified, but the discussion that followed and the numbers the seller was quoting for income/visitors/etc. really made it hard to think it was anybody except igourmet.

I've tried to track that post and thread down, but been unable to find it. Sorry.

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by PDXreader
    Seems to be doing well? Are you serious? I like that Pepperjam is quickly made a scapegoat. LOL! Don't get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of PJ but this is alot deeper than a badly managed affiliate program.
    I don't understand what you mean. Last time I talked to Spencer Chesman, igourmet was going strong. I've no reason to believe they have financial problems preventing them to pay GAN. When I said "seems to be doing well", I'm talking of igourmet not of their affiliate program.
    If you know something else? Go ahead!

Don't get me started about PPJ and the management of igourmet affiliate program. I've much, much more information that you think.
    I was selling igourmet products way before Kris Jones early beginning as an affiliate, I'm not even talking of his start as an AM, then of his PPC activities.

Please, feel free to share your information.

I hope you don't think I have something against Igourmet. I think its a great web company. Unfortunately, selling the company(in a bad market) and having a branch of there profit(GAN) shut down are not good signs for them. I wish the best for them but I don't see it getting any better. Times are tough for everyone.
    You are the wise sage and I am in no way trying to upset you....as far as pj goes, like i said I am not a fan so we can atleast agree on that right?
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Please note we tried to contact them multiple times, for many months, for payment and wanted to keep working with them yet never heard back. We terminated immediately to alleviate risk.

Thanks,

Jamie

The did indeed file Chap 11 BK. Guess it was their site that I saw for sale last summer, in a last ditch effort to avoid BK.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/busine...er-11-1.354709

for anyone that's interested, they are with PJ. Again.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread