Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up Additional Product Content Widget for Product Availability
    This is exciting technology news for Affiliates, found only at AvantLink.com.

David just rolled out incredible new functionality that combines all the benefits of both the Additional Product Content Widget and the Affiliate Link Encoder tools.
    The functionality allows you to specify particular tags (e.g. <h1>, <span class="prodName">, etc.) that you use in your web pages to identify product names or keywords. The PCW can then scan through your pages and automatically convert any text within those tags to a link that will pop up pricing/availability information (using our ProductSearch API). If you’ve ever seen the ALE in action then this will probably seem pretty familiar, but an example or two is always helpful.
    I am not sure I can even begin to scratch the surface of the potential here, so take a look at David's article and see what you think. Blog article includes examples of this new tool in action. Would love comments or questions.. Gary M

Additional Product Content Widget – Product Availability

Hi Gary,

Wow, something more I need to learn. LOL!

Seriously, you guys come out with some great stuff, and this looks like a worthy addition. Once I get my head wrapped around it a bit better, I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions. But for now, here's this one:

Can I use the good old ALE AND this new PCW (is PCW the right acronym for it?) on the same web pages?

I find the ALE extremely useful tucked into the footers of my blogs, and I would hate to conflict with that using this new tool.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Can I use the good old ALE AND this new PCW (is PCW the right acronym for it?) on the same web pages?
    You definitely can use the Affiliate Link Encoder (ALE) and the Additional Product Content Widget (PCW) together on the same page. In fact, that was one of our design goals that we worked through on the project. And it doesn't matter whether you include the PCW before or after the ALE - either order worked fine in testing.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I hope more merchants start looking at Avantlink. Their tools blow away every other network.

Quote Originally Posted by David-AvantLink
    You definitely can use the Affiliate Link Encoder (ALE) and the Additional Product Content Widget (PCW) together on the same page. In fact, that was one of our design goals that we worked through on the project. And it doesn't matter whether you include the PCW before or after the ALE - either order worked fine in testing.
    Good news. Thanks.

BTW -- I agree with dflsports, your tools are really great. I confess I still don't have a good grasp of how to get a datafeed manager site up that really suits me regarding appearance. But that has more to do with my weak grasp of tweaking CSS more than anything else. I'm getting there, though.
    Generate more fake news.

*pause*

I was just passing by and for some reason this thread caught my eye.... honestly? I've never really given AvantLink much of a look. But.... I iz much intrigued....

A few questions.... first of all, are all (or most) of your tools compatible with Wordpress?

Is there a quick list of merchants I can look at? I didn't spot a list right off the bat. I saw some mentioned in your blog, but I don't want to wade through hundreds of posts to find them.

Do the tools come with purple crayon instructions cuz... well... I iz technically challenged.

What's your stance on toolbars and such?

Quote Originally Posted by kayecee
    Is there a quick list of merchants I can look at? I didn't spot a list right off the bat. I saw some mentioned in your blog, but I don't want to wade through hundreds of posts to find them.
    Yes,

AvantLink Merchant Directory

I was just passing by and for some reason this thread caught my eye.... honestly? I've never really given AvantLink much of a look.
    Avoid AvantLink. I want them all to myself.

Thank you Mr. Sal... I was looking for that...

*smacks John down and runs over his prone body to reach AvantLink*

kayecee,

We have a pretty good series of screencasts that feature some of our tools. And you should be able to find help notes and documentation a long the way while configuring subscriptions. You can also check out the "Best Practices" and "Affiliate Tools" categories of our blog.

As far as toolbars here are our terms of use for Affiliates as they relate to that.

http://www.avantlink.com/terms_and_conditions.php#sec12

Gary M

Ahhhhh..... now that I've been accepted and have logged in, the site makes a little more sense now and I can find things easier.... I couldn't find a merchant list to save my neck last night...

Thank you Gary. I posted before refreshing.

*runs to play*

kaycee, hi.

I'm with John -- avoid AvantLink at all cost. He and I want 'em all to ourselves.

Seriously, as for using AvantLink stuff with WP -- I use the ALE to great advantage. Makes it incredibly easy to do a text link in WP to a specific merchant product.

I also use that product display thingie to show some pages of merchant products. (My one beef with Avantlink is: I loose track of the various names and acronyms they give their dynamic display tools.

I have a couple of WP sites where I even try to use their datafeed manager, but I ended up putting that into a regular html template and using a WP includes (or a redirect plugin or something?) to link it into a WP page.

But take it from someone who's pretty "coding impaired," AvantLink has some really good tools, and I've managed to use several in WP.
    Generate more fake news.

Gary.... thanks for the input....

Yeah.... I'm staring at this stuff trying to figure out exactly what each tool does.... I'm one of those that need a visual... a link that slaps me and says, "Here's what this tool does, you moron." I'm scrolling through the videos now....

Quote Originally Posted by kayecee
    Gary.... thanks for the input....

Yeah.... I'm staring at this stuff trying to figure out exactly what each tool does.... I'm one of those that need a visual... a link that slaps me and says, "Here's what this tool does, you moron." I'm scrolling through the videos now....
    Those videos have been a tremendous help. I look forward to new videos all the time. In fact, after stumbling upon this thread this morning, I've gone back and looked at a couple of the videos again -- and now they make a little (LITTLE) more sense to me than they did before.

Learning ... learning ... learning ...
    Generate more fake news.

Glad they helped, Gary. Scott did a great job with the latest round..now that we have Camtasia Studio rather than a free Firefox plugin to produce these

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread