Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Merchants products inactive but still in business ???
    I just spent hours removing two separate merchant's products from many of my Pop Shops, only to find these merchants are still active in their respective networks and the products that are showing inactive in PS are actually in stock.

I stopped pulling inactive products - I will hate to have to add them all back again and re-create the shops with these merchants - Any idea what's going on ... anyone? Is this happening to others?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    I was working in PopShops earlier and didn't notice any problems.

I do have several merchants that are bad about shuffling (removing) products in and out of their datafeed on a regular basis. This can result in in-stock items being shown as inactive. This makes it rather difficult for affiliates using their datafeed. The only way to know for sure is to click on each items, which isn't an ideal solution. Maybe that's what is happening with your merchants.

Ones I know that do this often is:

eBags
    Target
    Walmart

Thanks MsLadyBug.

The 2 merchants aren't any of the ones you mentioned. And they are both on different networks so it's weird. I heard back from the Pop Shops team and they told me it's a glitch in the feeds and not to remove any more porducts as they are still active. Arghhhhhh LOL - I will go in and redo the shops tomorrow when, hopefully, they are settled.

One of the merchants is a good converter. Hated to have to pull all their products from my best converting pages. Ah well.

Merchants, a stable data base that doesn't change daily is key. I feel bad for some merchants who have feed problems all the time. Their products get pulled and added last because of the hassles caused by the feed changing sometimes twice a day. Not worth the agro and effort to keep removing and replacing. There are other merchants with the same or similar products that don't cause these time sucks.

Maybe a good spend for merchants is paying someone who is proficient in creating and maintaining a stable data base.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Yep, have exactly the same problemo & just headed here to see if I could stop a few more gray hairs from sprouting. Great! I won't spend the morning pulling products.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I've had all kinds of problems with feeds lately. First off all but 22 of Hot Topic's products disappeared from their feed. Now today I discovered that all products from One Stop Plus were showing as inactive, but not according to my dashboard numbers. I only discovered it after clicking to edit that shop and saw all blue inactive icons.

Now I see that all products from Calendars.com are leading to the homepage because they just revamped their website. Wonder when they'll get around to updating the feed!

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

I had to stay out of Pop Shops the past few days. Too many inactive products showing when most were still active. I still don't understand WTF is going on. Will wait another day or 2 and then try to update pages. Already killed 2 of my highest converting pages by removing 90% of the products because of this and I can't get them back because the merchant is no longer showing up in search for those products.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I hate when that happens. Now if I'm deleting a lot or all the products in a shop I check first to make sure there are replacements.

I'm trying not to freak...seeing not only pages decimated by "inactive in datafeed"...but one datafeed reduced to a few dozen items, can't even do replacements. Wrote PopShops, hope they shed some light very soon.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

I had the same problem with Hot Topic, luckily they're back now and I figured it out on the first page I removed items from.

Lately I have noticed some new issues. Some merchants like Overstock have the wrong brand listed for what seems like most of their items. Also, at least a couple of my merchants (Macys is one) are listing $0.00.

Has anyone else noticed these issues?

Yes, One Stop Plus has tons of products showing prices of $0.00. There's no way to find them across all my shops unless I'd look closely at each and every one.

And today I have shops that show inactive products in the dashboard (according to the numbers) but when I go to edit, there is no indication of any inactives. (?)

Also, at least a couple of my merchants (Macys is one) are listing $0.00.
    Happening to me too. Just rechecked - Macy's is showing prices again on (at least on products on the 2 pages I checked).

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread