ABW Ambassador
    If you're concerned about losing your freedoms from such fanatics as those in the FCC, who regulate what we can hear on the radio and see on television, please sign the petition at http://www.stopfcc.com

Die Parasites Die!!

This is kind of ironic but the site has a list of the names and towns of last 5 signatures. Wonder if people knew or saw that before they signed it?

Bye!

ABW Ambassador
    I wouldn't give my email addy to anybody. I'm sure this is legit but could easily be a good way for somebody to get nice list of email addys.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    I thought about someone out to get email addresses, but I heard about it on the radio - local station promoting it, so I threw paranoia aside ...I saw the names/towns of the last 5 people who signed it, plus I'm pretty sure they tell you before you verify your signature... I don't think they're trying to hide anything

Die Parasites Die!!

http and a telephoto
    Ah, it was on the radio, THAT makes it legit

Deborah
    http://loxlygallery.com

ABW Ambassador
    I would sign it, but I am in Canada.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL... I didn't say it did, but do a search for it. Quote a few sies are supporting it and in the few hours since I first posted about it, I see that they have at least 3000 new signatures. Nothing I can say can convince everyone that it's legit, but I believe it is and at the time of this posting almost 16000 other people agree.

Die Parasites Die!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Where's the link to the anti-Hanoi Kerry and democrap site for bumper stickers and nify badges?

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    another dynamite drop in by Mike... what in the world does that mean, much less have to do with this thread? Ohhhh, I guess I forgot that anything that supports our rights and doesn't strip away our freedoms is against Mike's beliefs... and anything Mike & his multiple personalities don't like is wrong for everyone... Haiko, can we ever expect an 'Ignore' feature?

Die Parasites Die!!

Sorry, but the guy at this web site doesn't really stand for anything in particular - just stopping the FCC from fining broadcasters, and limiting breast exposures, and Howard Stern.

I didn't see any specific proposals, or anything beyond someone simply *****ing about not being able to see Janet Jackson's unclad boob.

Since the thread has been started, I'll ask everyone if it is okay to have bare breasts suddenly appear on prime-time TV, or have Howard Stern just say anything at all?

I didn't say I'm in favor of the regulations or not, so don't climb all over me thinking I'm a prude)

If you're really concerned about government intervention, you should look harder at media mergers, and media control of what we see and hear. That's really where you'll see individual freedom of speech dissapear. Remember, it's all about money - and if you don't have any money you won't be heard. Advertisers control everything.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

ABW Ambassador
    The site doesn't mention anything about Janet's boobs or Howard Stern. At only one point does the author mention fines & while Stern said that he is being fined, so have other on-air personalities...
    If it were all about money and advertisers had the final word, I doubt Stern would be getting fined at all - I'm sure they have no problem pulling in advertising whatsoever, regardless of the content.
    As for the comment about simply *****ing, the author states that they will be sending letters to politicians based on the statistics generated by the petition. Hey, whether or not it works, I think it's worth a shot

Die Parasites Die!!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread