The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    All product links on Calendars.com are broken
    It seems that calendars.com changed thier site and didn't tell the affiliate people. Thus all US product URLs and product images on calendars.com are broken. The Canadian and Australian links seem fine. I don't know if this is also on GAN and SAS but you guys should know and take appropriate action. I emailed the calendars.com people before posting this.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

ABW Ambassador
    oranges - Not sure why you didn't receive the notice but Calendars.com sent 2 emails out regarding the upcoming changes. The last email was sent on Aug. 7th. I belong to the CJ program.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to change those links out today.

yep, I got at least two emails. I had forgotten about when the change was going to happen. Hopefully the datafeed is updated and that will auto correct tonight.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

I looked at today's datafeed before posting, the links aren't working. Just because you change your website is no reason for there not to be overlap in which the old links work for a while in the transition
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Since I'm enrolled with them through three different networks, I got lots of emails -- two through each network.

The August 13 date was emphasized in the later emails sent through GAN and CJ. The most recent ShareASale email I see referred to the original "tentative" date of July 30.

GAN: 7/22 and 8/12/2009
    CJ: 7/1 and 8/7/2009
    SAS: 7/1 and 7/21/2009

I agree that given the advance planning for this transition, they should have taken special steps to arrange for updated datafeeds to be accessible immediately after the transition (or even before the transition was activated). They might have "done their best." Perhaps the affiliate networks wouldn't permit the new datafeeds to be submitted until the new links were completely active, and there is definitely a delay between a merchant's submission of a datafeed and the networks' propegation of the changes.

I also agree that in any site upgrade, steps should be taken to prevent the "old links" from failing -- a link to an "old" product page should be automatically redirected to the new page for that same product. Unfortunately, my experience is that some web site designers and development teams simply refuse to implement this, or demand a prohibitive fee to deliver this.

For web publishers who use tools like PopShops, the transition may be more difficult, since PopShops usually can't track these changes and thus all old links will probably be redirected to the home page, and we'll all need to re-select products from Calendars.com to have them included in our shops.

But we're still not in "calendar season," so quite frankly I don't see a huge issue with this, especially since Calendars.com did make a reasonable effort to warn affiliates about the transition in advance.
    Last edited by markwelch; August 13th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

OK, they seem to have gotten their datafeed in order. If you use the datafeed and it isn't updated automatically, you should fix your links now.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

I stand corrected again ;-( Graphics are updated but the new links don't work right.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

receieved below email from calendars.com
    Dear Valued Calendars.com/DogBreedStore.com Affiliates,

We realize that the current datafeed links are redirecting to our Calendars.com homepage and are working to update this feed as quickly as possible. Once the datafeed issue is fixed, we will email you to let you know you can replace your product catalog links.

At this time, please do not replace any of the datafeed links on your site.

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience.

The Calendars.com/DogBreedStore.com Affiliate Marketing Team
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

Links work now. This thread has run its course and can be closed :-)
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread