Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I Just Can't Believe It
    Michael Vick has signed a deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. I just can't believe it. Anyone but the Eagles.
    Thanks,
    Doug

I am amazed that it was the Eagles also. Think week 13 the Eagles play in Atlanta - that should be fun
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Jeff Lurie, Tom Heckert, Andy Reid, and the miserable scum Vick should all rot in hell.

See my July 27 sports blog post (currently 5th down from the top)
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; August 13th, 2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typo
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

The philly blogs will all be getting more traffic
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    He served his time. Let's see if he can keep his head on straight and lead a good life. It would be nice to see him resurrect his career. The man was a great athlete. Jury (no pun) is still out.
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    It'll be fun to listen to the boos from the crowd the first Eagle's game of the season.

Even if I was an Eagle's fan, I wouldn't be able to get excited over anything Michael Vick did or does other than clean up dog poop for the rest of his life.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Jeff Lurie, Tom Heckert, Andy Reid, and the miserable scum Vick should all rot in hell.

See my July 27 sports blog post (currently 5th down from the top)
    I AGree!!!! How can you hurt a puppy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    It'll be fun to listen to the boos from the crowd the first Eagle's game of the season.

Even if I was an Eagle's fan, I wouldn't be able to get excited over anything Michael Vick did or does other than clean up dog poop for the rest of his life.
    Amen to that!!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I'm obviously in the minority here. Not condoning what he did...He made a mistake and he paid his dues.

I was impressed with his press conference. He didn't read some statement half-heartedly, he seemed sincerely apologetic. He is working with the humane society now. He is saying and doing all the right things, he's doing everything he can.

In case some of you didn't see it Browns WR Donte Stallworth killed a man in a DUI accident and only got a one year suspension from the league and 24 days in jail. Vick got two years in prison and an additional 6 games suspension from the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by David S.
    In case some of you didn't see it Browns WR Donte Stallworth killed a man in a DUI accident and only got a one year suspension from the league and 24 days in jail. Vick got two years in prison and an additional 6 games suspension from the NFL.
    He should've been punished more than that and I won't be cheering him on either.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    And if he performs like everyone knows he can and it looks like he can help the Eagles to the holy grail, everyone will shut up, forget and forgive and Vick Tees will be worn by every gangster in PA!

As well as fans of course.

This guy is going to work his butt off and I think he will take his lumps and be the great QB that we know he is....

I wish the Texans would have signed him.

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Dante Stallworth was driving safely, within the speed limit, when a pedestrian walked out from between two cars into the street and in front of Stallworth. He would have been killed had Stallworth never taken a drink. Because he had been drinking, he was arrested and charges filed. Under Florida law, to convict someone under this fact situation, the prosecution would have had to prove that "but for" being intoxicated, the pedestrian would not have been struck. The prosecution knew they could not prove that and a not guilty verdict was likely, so they negotiated a plea bargain with the minimal 30 days in custody. Had Stallworth not been drinking, the victim would still have been killed, but Stallworth would not have been prosecuted.

Vick, on the other hand, did not "make a mistake" as his apologists argue. He ran a for-profit criminal enterprise for SIX YEARS. He partially designed, and financed, and ran on his own property, a dog-fighting ring, participating in breeding, training, fighting, and murdering, untold numbers of dogs, for profit. He continually lied to his employers and NFL administrators, and the public, and ultimately pled guilty to doing the disgusting acts alleged in the criminal indictment filed against him in federal court. He admitted to the fact that he personally killed dogs by electrocuting them, by drowning them, and by hitting them with shovels.

He is scum and should never step foot on a stadium field again.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Kind of a turnaround from Lurie vs. this"
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/08/08/j...ruelty-to-ani/

Hound, thanks for the extra info on the Stalworth case. The outcome makes more sense with the facts you provided.

Personally, the hubby and I are thoroughly disgusted with Vick and were hoping he wouldn't come back. What he did was premeditated, vicious, and inexcusable. I'm not much of an Eagles fan, so I guess I'll have all the more reason to root against them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound

He is scum and should never step foot on a stadium field again.
    Amen!

If anyone didn't read the entire thread posted by AffiliateHound, please do and understand why many people cannot tolerate that this man, by being "validated" by the The Eagles, will be a "role model" for our children and that's just not acceptable.

PETA should be howling over this.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I still don't understand how Stallworth had time to flick his lights at the man and there were no skid marks at the scene, but this was more just bad luck for Stallworth than a result of him driving drunk.

In any case, this is an emotional topic for many, I have a dog myself and couldn't imagine anything happening like that to my dog. This is not a battle worth fighting I'm just saying I hope people realize that this guy had a $100 million contract and lost everything he had and spent two years away from his fiancee and daughter...I'll just leave it at that.

This is not a battle worth fighting...
    Au contraire, mon ami - it IS a battle worth fighting.

This matter says everything about American society over the past few decades: Untold millions of people are willing to overlook, or rationalize, long-term, vile, dastardly acts, committed for profit by a sociopath, and see him rewarded with millions of dollars, because he is good at playing a game.
    ...and spent two years away from his fiancee and daughter...
    And Bernie Madoff will be away from his wife for the next 150 years. If either one cared enough about their significant other, they should have thought about that at the time they were committing their evil deeds.

I'm just saying I hope people realize that this guy had a $100 million contract and lost everything he had and spent two years away from his fiancee and daughter...
    Awwwwwwwwww poor guy! I don't feel one bit sorry for his evil a$$.

But you're right, David ... it's not a battle worth fighting ... here.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Well, this probably isn't the place to fight this battle, but it does need to be fought somewhere. NFL players ARE employees and need to be held to a standard. If a "regular joe" employee of a corporation or small business had done what Vick did, they would have gotten more time than just the minimum and they'd have a hard time getting another job when they got out with that on their record.

Not only did Vick abuse and murder dogs, but the operation included drugs and (obviously) gambling. The NFL forbids gambling of any kind and it's grounds for banning, even on a first offense. He did it for SIX YEARS. In addition, he failed a random drug test while out on bail and awaiting sentencing. This is not just a "minor" issue.

As my sister said today, he has shown serious disrespect for life. Anyone who could be that vicious and inhumane to a dog has the capacity to disrespect human life as well. Psychological studies show there is a strong link between animal abuse and human abuse. I think Vick has some deep issues that need to be addressed and not just glossed over. Would we even be having a debate if he had viciously abused his girlfriend for 6 years instead?

Think about it. If they ran the NFL like Vick ran his dog fighting ring, they'd electrocute, hang, drown, or shoot all the losing teams at the end of the season.

Awwwwwwwwww poor guy! I don't feel one bit sorry for his evil a$$.

But you're right, David ... it's not a battle worth fighting ... here.
    Yeah, I don't feel real sorry for multi-millionaires who build criminal enterprises, get caught, lose everything, and then go to prison. No one forced them to choose to do that.

Half a Bubble Off Plumb RemodelingGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Yeah, I don't feel real sorry for multi-millionaires who build criminal enterprises, get caught, lose everything, and then go to prison. No one forced them to choose to do that.
    He is an IDIOT, but paid his dues and will be in everyone's microscope...

I think he's gonna kick some ass and make everyone forget....

Looking forward to Football season....

Jimmy McDonald - Your Local Hard Working RemodelingGuy ( & SprinklerGuy - & GarageGuy )
    StartRemodeling.com .... MySprinklerGuy.com .... MyGarageGuy.com ....
    We're Bettering YOUR Life by Improving Where YOU Live It ...
    Do What You LOVE & LOVE What You Do! ....

Quote Originally Posted by RemodelingGuy
    I think he's gonna kick some ass and make everyone forget....
    Not everyone...

Au contraire, mon ami - it IS a battle worth fighting.
    I didn't mean that this is not a battle worth fighting in general, I meant it's not worth it for me to fight it in this forum.

Looks like I'm not the only one on the other side though. Check out this poll at Philly.com that is pretty much split right down the middle when asked are they for or against the Eagles signing him:

http://www.philly.com/philly/polls/5...html?results=y

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    I am very dissapointed in the decision the Eagles made, I am also tired of the BS with the simpathy vote for Vick. If the NFL doesnt start to put strict rules on crappola like organized dog fighting and doesnt make Vick an example, we will soon be headed down the same path Baseball is going on. It makes me sick...

I am just glad the Dolphins or the Giants didnt pick him up....
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

ABW Ambassador
    Dick's won't stock Vick jerseys

"There is no Vick at Dick's.

A spokesman for Dick's Sporting Goods said yesterday that the chain will not stock Michael Vick's Eagles jersey until company officials "evaluate the reaction of Eagles fans."

Meanwhile, the NFLShop, the league's merchandizing arm, is offering several styles of Vick's gridiron apparel — including a customizable jersey for dogs.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...seys?GT1=39002

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast