Calendars.com Feed leads to homepage
    Calendars.com just updated their website and all product links have to be replaced. Links from the Popshops feed currently go to their homepage.

When I contacted calendars.com, all I get back is "the datafeed at Shareasale is now updated." Since I don't understand who does what, does anyone know when the feed at Popshops will be updated? Should I be talking to calendars.com directly or to shareasale for information?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

See the thread at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=122978

Calendars.com sent out multiple messages to affiliates, warning that this would be happening.

I assume that PopShops will not be able to modify existing product links, but instead you'll need to re-select products from the new feed to replace those from the old feed. (PopShops, please tell me I'm wrong and that you'll automagically update the links based on the SKU or another field!)

I chose one shop and replaced all the calendars.com products with new ones just now. All the links still go to the homepage. So I didn't know if we're waiting for an updated feed or a fix from Popshops.

And this also affects tons of dog gifts and products, not just calendars, from dogbreedstore.com.

From a Calendars.com email sent out on Friday......

Dear Valued Calendars.com/DogBreedStore.com Affiliates,

We realize that the current datafeed links are redirecting to our Calendars.com homepage and are working to update this feed as quickly as possible. Once the datafeed issue is fixed, we will email you to let you know you can replace your product catalog links.

At this time, please do not replace any of the datafeed links on your site.

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience.

The Calendars.com/DogBreedStore.com Affiliate Marketing Team

Thanks, porkchop.

I had received notification of the site changes, but didn't get that info you posted.

Well now I'm really s****ed. The Calendars.com feed is now GONE (the one from Shareasale) but I do see that a GAN feed listed as "Calendars.com & DogBreedStore.com" is showing up in Popshops.

So now I have to scramble to apply for affiliation with them at GAN too so I can use the feed in Popshops and hope I get approved.

And now I have 572 inactive products I can't replace.

Sure would be simpler if merchants stuck to one network.

Added*** Yay! Approval came quickly so now I have my work cut out for me replacing all those products. Fun, fun!
    Last edited by joyaz; August 16th, 2009 at 12:00 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, Calendars.com didn't think this process through much. It's ironic they disabled the SAS datafeed after sending and email stating:

"At this time, please do not replace any of the datafeed links on your site."

Hopefully, they'll get a handle on this soon so we can all move on.

SAS Calendars.com feed is back
    I pulled the SAS feed off the merchant list until the links once again directed to their respective products. That seems to be the case now, so it's back.

If you see any new issues with this feed (or any other), please send them to merchants[at]popshops.com.

Thanks,
    Matt

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread