Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok so i recently read on abestweb a topic on this and wanted to ad my 2 cents and ask further a bit about this.

1. I gatehr what they are meaning by affiliates auto-setting cookies is a bit like that software thats available called Covert affiliate, which allows you as an affiliate to place your affiliate link on a persons computer via cookie wether they click on your link or not? is that correct? is that what they are saying about auto stuffing, is if merchants are kicking up a fuss about that, they can kiss my ***!! As if they expect a person to have come to my site and physically clicked on a link in my site for me to get the commission then they are just a merchant i dont want to work with, there ******** grabbing money for themselves!

Ultimately for the person to have landed on my site, they would have clicked a link, MY DOMAIN URLS!!! its up to me if i want to stuff it in the background,, and ultimately im doing the bloody hard work to bring them sales, so the first merchant who gets pissy at me about doing it, I will tell them to go suck a ******* egg. As im generating them sales!

Im afraid there are way to many dishonest merchants around, I will do whatever it takes to get a legitment sale, I wont spam but if someone lands on my site, its like they land in my house. And I will do whatever i want in my house!if I want to stuff a $5 note in their coat pocket without them knowing before they leave thats my own choice.... if it means that a merchant gets a sale, well boo hooooo, isn that what they ****** what!... sales!
    no screw that.... merchants who get pissy about people landing on my site and getting a cookie without them clicking on a link can go bite my ***! I bought the domain, i pay the hosting, im not giving them free traffic!!!, they need to get their heads out of theire butts and start asking how can they help us earn more money not sit on a pedastal and say what we can and cannot do on our own websites. Remember Im spending my money and time to promote you, treat me like a king or [removed] ill go where they do......

As for merchant overwriting cookies what is this bullshit!!!

this only supports my beleif that they have there own crafty schemes in place.. I think i might create a company similar to CJ but for affiliate and the stipulation will be this

" If you want us to promote your products, dont **** us around, pay us or get sued!"

[Edited out obsceneties]

[This message was edited by Akiva on March 11, 2004 at 06:10 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador

Can someone please post the url to the popcorn icon? I feel that is the most appropriate icon to use in this situation.

ABW Ambassador
    You are the worst kind of affiliate I have seen. It is people like you who give honest affiliates a bad name.

Firstly I suggest you learn to control your use of abusive language and you definitely need a reality check.

If for some reason you feel that you are owed commissions for people that visit your site that you have un-ethically stuffed full of cookies for merchants where they subsequently make purchases without clicking through from your site you are living in lala land.

I suggest you re-evaluate your business model or just find something else to do as you wont last long here. Please let us know your url so that I can report you to every merchant you are associated with.

Sincerely,

DPG

ABW Ambassador
    It's kinda like if a potential customer comes into your shop and looks around without buying anything.

Then they go to the shop across the street, and when they buy something there, you pull the string that you had surreptitiously attached to some of the customer's cash just before that merchant closes the cash register drawer.

------------------------------
    Get Rich or Try Dyin' ~ Fy Dolla
    Got a beef? Call the Chief! 1-900-CHIEFBS

ABW Ambassador

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    OMG

Mike Mackin

Come on guys, don't even fall for this.
    Just ignore it.
    Just trying to start something...Just don't even give him the attention he wants.
    Just ignore this post, don't even justify it with trying to tell him off or set him straight..

Affiliatetracking,

We have to apologize to you! We overlooked your morning medicine, and you've become rude, obnoxious, delirious and cranky.

But never fear, Nurse Ratchett is on her way with a double dose right now! So be a good little affiliate and do as she says when she gets there. We really can't have you going around saying these mean things in public, now can we?

He who resists doesn't get fruit cup!

Andy

<span class="gs_small"><font color="red">I built the site with the page that had the link to the merchant. I optimized it. It was my traffic that clicked the link, it was my link, and I'm the one who sold the product. So why are the PARASITES getting the commission?</font></span>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Check out his other posts by clicking on his user name and choosing "recent posts". Has 3 credit card sites listed in his sigline. What goes best with hidden cookie stuffing for credit card lead fees on your pages and SERPs and PPCSE links? You guessed it e-mail spam.

Now it probably took this guy with shady ethics to jump on paying out 97.00 for that "Stealth Affiliate" script with those catchy Ad lines....

"As soon as your visitor views your page -Covert Affiliate both cloaks the URL, hiding your affiliate information, ...and gives the visitor a cookie without his knowledge.

So, Whether your visitor clicks on your affiliate link or not As long as s/he buys the product after visiting your website Even if s/he makes a purchase from that site a few days or months later ...whalla you get paid for doing nothing."

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.letusjoin.com
    ns2.letusjoin.com

Administrative Contact:
    Novasoft Inc
    Administrator (info@novasoft-inc.com)
    Sadhana
    Cadell Road
    Mumbai
    MH,400028
    IN
    Tel. +091.222444444

MUMBAI MH... Oh a 3rd world script writer ...whoppie?? Perveyors of the poorman's BHO

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

Go auto-click yourself, idiot.

India eh?

Well maybe his other job is an outsourced position from Dell or many of the other cheap labor companys.

"Hello, thank you for calling Dell support, how may I hep you?"

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could set auto set cookies, use spam email, and whatever other shady practices may be out there.

But I don't. Why? I like going to bed at night knowing whatever I may have earned, I actually earned myself. Not by stealing commissions from some other hard working affiliate or from an honest merchant. I sleep pretty well.

It seems to me that some people are lacking in character or have no sense of what is right and wrong. I'm proud of what I've been able to do playing by the rules, even when they aren't all that fair. You obviously couldn't care less about fairness or what is right, and for sure lack a sense of class or character.

I bet your family is so proud of you, raising a cheat and a thief.

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of today."

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jungleland:
    I could set auto set cookies, use spam email, and whatever other shady practices may be out there.

But I don't. Why? I like going to bed at night knowing whatever I may have earned, I actually earned myself. Not by stealing commissions from some other hard working affiliate or from an honest merchant. I sleep pretty well.

It seems to me that some people are lacking in character or have no sense of what is right and wrong. I'm proud of what I've been able to do playing by the rules, even when they aren't all that fair. You obviously couldn't care less about fairness or what is right, and for sure lack a sense of class or character.

I bet your family is so proud of you, raising a cheat and a thief.
    QUOTE]

Third world countries seem to offer alot of these types of rogue affiliates. Scams etc...

Allen

ABW Ambassador
    I love that popcorn guy.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey look its Mike and Charlie in the top picture

WW

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    Hey look its Mike and Charlie in the top picture
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Affiliatetracking, I got a good laugh out of your post. The Daily Chuckle would have been a more appropriate forum for your rant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Affiliatetracking, I got a good laugh out of your post. The Daily Chuckle would have been a more appropriate forum for your rant. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    Hey look its Mike and Charlie in the top picture <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwww
    Loses it's effect now that the image is gone

WW

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Check out his other posts by clicking on his user name and choosing "recent posts". Has 3 credit card sites listed in his sigline. What goes best with hidden cookie stuffing for credit card lead fees on your pages and SERPs and PPCSE links? You guessed it e-mail spam.

Now it probably took this guy with shady ethics to jump on paying out 97.00 for that "Stealth Affiliate" script with those catchy Ad lines....

"_As soon as your visitor views your page -_Covert Affiliate both cloaks the URL, hiding your affiliate information, ...and gives the visitor a cookie without his knowledge.

So, Whether your visitor clicks on your affiliate link or not As long as s/he buys the product after visiting your website Even if s/he makes a purchase from that site a few days or months later ...whalla you get paid for doing nothing."

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns1.letusjoin.com
    ns2.letusjoin.com

Administrative Contact:
    Novasoft Inc
    Administrator (info@novasoft-inc.com)
    Sadhana
    Cadell Road
    Mumbai
    MH,400028
    IN
    Tel. +091.222444444

MUMBAI MH... Oh a 3rd world script writer ...whoppie?? Perveyors of the poorman's BHO

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at the URL for Covert Affiliate:

http://www.novasoft-inc.com/products...te-profits.asp

Then take a look at the administrative contact
    above.

I think Connie has the right idea. Ignore this dipstick. Just deal him some rope and he'll hang himself. Only takes a little time.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Oh yeah, sure as hes from India..SO..hes a schmuck..

"Yeah must be a guy from the dell support staff at a call center in India..."

so GearShopper, whats got your panties in a twist? you got laid off?? need to support your crack habit with a squegee in your hands, at the gas station wiping bird droppings off peoples cars?? Asking hey mister can i clean your windshield??

Scares the crap out of you doesnt it?? So much that your politicians have to pass a bill against outsourcing, even while companies in the US search for loopholes to outsource.

Sure look like frustrated guys to me
    Jeezus! ( or should i say Krishna, to pander to the whimsical self serving egotists here who might get offended for calling the name of a christain god while being a hindu)

You guys reek of rascist bull.

Third world countries?? what are they?? a definition coined by an elitist nation? elitist my ass.

Its OK if you need the techie smarts from Indians to run NASA, but just coz some BOZO posts a vulgar rant.. go ahead typecast an entire country.. shows me how well educated you are...

The post was least from the looks of it is from Belleville, Ontario, Canada...

DOH yeah sure i know must be some real sneaky geek from india who has hijacked a proxy server in canada.. yeah thats got to be it..

And ecom city ( aka mastur bater):
    "MUMBAI MH... Oh a 3rd world script writer ...whoppie?? Perveyors of the poorman's BHO"

I have 12 years of exprience writing code so no im not a "script writer" sonny, so how much code have you written so far?? or still learning the use of the mouse??

Amazing isnt it you cant spew vitriol at any body who isnt around to defend himself??

Well guess what Im around and if you have the balls to back up your statements, put your money where your mouth is.

And to erinator ( aka urinator)
    "I think Connie has the right idea. Ignore this dipstick. Just deal him some rope and he'll hang himself. Only takes a little time."

Why dont you go tell mommy that you wet your diapers, so she can powder your bottom and get you a new pair of huggies??

Satyajeet
    Owner
    Novasoft Inc
    Maker of that software thats oh so third worldy that you wont touch it with a barge pole in the open, but still buy it anonymously to boost your affiliate sales, coz you just cant let the next guy around gain an unfair advantage over you, can you?

Free! The Unfair Affiliate Advantage E-course, Do you have the balls to click this link??

PS this rant was only meant for certain people on this forum, im truly sorry if others have been offended, but due to the nature of bulletin boards this couldn't be avoided.

ABW Ambassador
    Ya I am offended and I said nothing against you
    There is such a thing called professionalism and showing restraint and respect
    Your post lacks it
    In all honesty so do some others probably also including my own post above directed at someone else
    Unfortuately yours has appeared to go wayyyyy overboard

WW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast